Film Buffs

Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Film Buffs

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:ok the skeletons and all that, a film I have sndreds of times and still love it - there goes me street cred :WWWW:
Poofter!!!!!!

:bat: :DDD:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

watched this week

night and day - cruise + diaz last night , was a good watch - a little cheesy but think it was meant to be and was funny really enjoyed it .

toy story 3 - great film 10/10

black death - sean bean , was ok but not great worth a watch

shelter - julianne moore - was really good but as with a lot of horrors got a little silly towards the end
Dave33
Pub Champion

Post by Dave33 »

For those of a scottish persuasion , a very good play for today back in the late 70's , brillaint patter.

Just a Boys game part 1

[youtube][/youtube]
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
Pacey
The Ton Club

Post by Pacey »

some of my faves include, in no particular order:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy
The Rock - probably my all time favourite
Gone in 60 Seconds
Con Air
Tango and Cash
Resevoir Dogs
Home Alone 1&2
Dodgeball
Matrix (All)
Oceans (All)
American Pie (1,2 and 3)

recently seen films include Inception and A Team.

I have to say i loved Inception. I thought A Team was very ordinary, I wish they had left it alone
'if you can't be good, be careful, those points are sharp!'
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Watched Gamer with Gerrard Butler, not a bad film about nanobots which allow you to control other humans, wont spoil the plot but when the hero gets to the evil genius' lair this scene appears, its just so wierd

[youtube][/youtube]
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

nikkiboy wrote:Watched Gamer with Gerrard Butler, not a bad film about nanobots which allow you to control other humans, wont spoil the plot but when the hero gets to the evil genius' lair this scene appears, its just so wierd

[youtube][/youtube]

well my lads told me this was pants so i didnt bother , but after seeing your clip i didnt realise michael c hall was in it , and as im a massive dexter fan i watched it - it was ok i guess had a bit of a bladerunner feel to it , worth the watch but not great - i didnt think michael looked right on the big screen
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

slymaster wrote:Anyone having a clue where to get this film?

Warning: X-rated

[youtube][/youtube]
Just watched it. This is one sick movie. Not for the weak at heart. 2-3 scenes pushing it....
The "twist" isnt surprising. The movie is very well made.
Cant rate it at the moment. Have to watch it for a 2nd time. :evil:
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

slymaster wrote:
slymaster wrote:Anyone having a clue where to get this film?

Warning: X-rated

[youtube][/youtube]
Just watched it. This is one sick movie. Not for the weak at heart. 2-3 scenes pushing it....
The "twist" isnt surprising. The movie is very well made.
Cant rate it at the moment. Have to watch it for a 2nd time. :evil:
is it in english or have subtitles - pm me the torrent
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

[/quote]
is it in english or have subtitles - pm me the torrent[/quote]

Subs, only 320mb but great quality. PM -done.
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

thankyou much i shall have a look and a read lol - i dont mind subtitles if its well directed and filmed
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Thu, 26/08/2010 - 11:16 The directors of the Film4 Frightfest have decided not to screen the controversial A Serbian Film in light of almost four minutes of cuts to the film demanded by the British censor, the BBFC.

In a statement released to the press, FrightFest co-director Alan Jones said:

------------
Film4 FrightFest has decided not to show A Serbian Film in a heavily cut version because, as a festival with a global integrity, we think a film of this nature should be shown in its entirety as per the director’s intention. Several film festivals across the world have already done so. Unlike the I Spit on Your Grave remake, where we are showing the BBFC certified print, as requested by Westminster Council, the issues and time-line complexities surrounding A Serbian Film make it impossible for us to screen it
-------------
I'm not surprised that Frightfest decided to drop A Serbian Film; it's been shrouded in controversy ever since it was announced as part of the programme. What does surprise me is the BBFC's decision to order such drastic cuts to a film that has been screened at other festivals this year – South by Southwest, in Texas, and Fantasia in Montreal – without a hitch.

This ruling, combined with the 40 seconds of cuts demanded for the remake of I Spit on Your Grave, seems a bizarre about-face for the BBFC, which in recent years has become a lot more relaxed about strong, adult content in films.

Last year we saw uncut releases of two previously banned films – Caligula, and Salo (both of which are still banned in Australia). Also released uncut in the past few years was been Michael Winterbottom's 9 Songs, which contained scenes of real sex

http://screenjabber.com/frightfest-drops-serbian-film
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

a film I am just about to watch again:

[youtube][/youtube]

"I've come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:a film I am just about to watch again:

[youtube][/youtube]

"I've come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Good book as well!!
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Watched 'Kick ass' the other day and was pleasantly surprised as to how enjoyable it was. :headbang:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:Watched 'Kick ass' the other day and was pleasantly surprised as to how enjoyable it was. :headbang:
Went to cinema with the family to watch The Green Hornet 3D, was a very good film that reminded me of kickass in a way :DDDD:

Watched The Tourist last night - brilliant film!!!
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

[youtube][/youtube]

13 Assassins directed by Takashi Miike (Audition, Ichi, Gozu etc....) although not a typical Miike movie.
If you are into Samurai film this is as good as it gets. Some even compare it with Akira´s Seven Samurai!
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

In about 25minutes on Channel 4 from 12:15am to 2:25am
OLDBOY

GREAT MOVIE! :headbang:
Captain Ash
Pub Champion

Post by Captain Ash »

Been to see Hangover II - loved it,thought it was better than the first.

The Next Three Days is Russell Crowe is a damn good watch as well.
Live your life, 'cause you've got a good one.
nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: Film Buffs

Post by nikkiboy »

slymaster wrote:In about 25minutes on Channel 4 from 12:15am to 2:25am
OLDBOY

GREAT MOVIE! :headbang:
Taped it, bit put off by the intro saying "caution contains scenes of a man eating a live octopus" but will watch it soon
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

The octopus is the least of his problems...
He had to eat 4 of them during the shoot.

Sannakji or sannakji hoe is a variety of hoe, or raw dish, in Korean cuisine. It consists of live nakji (small octopus) that has been cut into small pieces and served immediately, usually lightly seasoned with sesame and sesame oil. The nakji pieces are usually still squirming on the plate. It can also be served whole.

Because the suction cups on the arm pieces are still active when the dish is served, special care should be taken when eating sannakji. The active suction cups can cause swallowed pieces of arm to stick to the mouth or throat. This can also present a choking hazard for some people, particularly if they are intoxicated. One must thoroughly chew so that no piece is big enough to stick to one's throat. Some people like the feel of the pieces wriggling as swallowed, and so will not completely chew up the particles. Those who are new to eating sannakji should completely chew it up into tiny particles before swallowing.