Bit of bovver in Germany?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: Bit of bovver in Germany?

Post by spaceman70 »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I don't know either player, but probably I am one of the old school if you want respect you have to give respect, what is the point in 56, double 18 and double 10, (if that is the case) could you see someone like Taylor doing that, I don't think so, and what if he did, how would that go down with everyone and to be honest he is a player who could do this on loads of occassions as many times he is in a position of being well ahead. Completely out of order, doesn't deserve being attacked probably best action is to completely ignore the man, by all his fellow professionals. Always remember what goes around comes around.
Why would you not go double, double if you block the treble with the first dart?
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

spaceman70 wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:I don't know either player, but probably I am one of the old school if you want respect you have to give respect, what is the point in 56, double 18 and double 10, (if that is the case) could you see someone like Taylor doing that, I don't think so, and what if he did, how would that go down with everyone and to be honest he is a player who could do this on loads of occassions as many times he is in a position of being well ahead. Completely out of order, doesn't deserve being attacked probably best action is to completely ignore the man, by all his fellow professionals. Always remember what goes around comes around.
Why would you not go double, double if you block the treble with the first dart?

Situations dictate the approach i take Dave.

96 left, 5-1 up, pro tour event (unlikely scenario already) but. S20, if T20 is blocked, with my opp on 270, im setting myself up for either D18 net visit or D20.

5-5, 96 left, im attacking d18 2nd dart to leave tops.

I read elsewhere he had 56 left with 3 darts in his hand, possibly lies, but at no stage am i trying double double here. All about the dynamics of the game im in at that time.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

When I was on 80 against Redman I went D20 D20 with my first two darts.

They both missed.

By a long way. :sheep3
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I hit 100 once in a k/o with the first 20 blocking the treble so as soft as I am I asked the bloke if he minded me trying 2 doubles.
He was a fair bit bigger than me though so when I hit it I was glad I asked :)
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Dicie wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:

Situations dictate the approach i take Dave.

96 left, 5-1 up, pro tour event (unlikely scenario already) but. S20, if T20 is blocked, with my opp on 270, im setting myself up for either D18 net visit or D20.

5-5, 96 left, im attacking d18 2nd dart to leave tops.

I read elsewhere he had 56 left with 3 darts in his hand, possibly lies, but at no stage am i trying double double here. All about the dynamics of the game im in at that time.
With 96 left and the first dart covering the T20. Personally I see nothing wrong going D18 & D20 regardless of what you opponent is on if you feel confident going for the shot.

Just my personal opinion though. ;)
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

What if player doing thumping had tried something similar earlier in match and failed.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Has anyone even considered that if bomber had 56 left with 2 darts after hitting the big 20 that with the way he plays on differend doubles anyway his thinking might have been s18 d19 had he not gone in the d18?? You only had to watch him for a few legs in the WGP to see he has quite a varied and weird choice of doubles!!
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

mod500 wrote:What if player doing thumping had tried something similar earlier in match and failed.

Match dynamics Mod.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
If like tommy said you had 56 left what treble would you block with your 1st dart??
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
If like tommy said you had 56 left what treble would you block with your 1st dart??
He had 96 to check out with 3 darts in his hand.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

The way Taylor refuses the bull with his opponent on a finish is worst in my opinion but sometimes it works for him other times it don't.
hang the dj
County Player

Bit of bovver in Germany?

Post by hang the dj »

The Cat wrote:I hit 100 once in a k/o with the first 20 blocking the treble so as soft as I am I asked the bloke if he minded me trying 2 doubles.
He was a fair bit bigger than me though so when I hit it I was glad I asked :)
what would you have done if he did mind?
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
He had 96 to check out with 3 darts in his hand.
Silly me read tommys post that said 56 double 18 double 10 ! That's what you seemed to be answering dave! double 18 double 10 would be a pee take!
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Double 18 and double 10 for 56 is a p1ss take sure, but the only way to even the score is to try something similar the next time you play him. Not fisty cuffs!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I think it must have been 96, s20 d18 d20
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
bomber brown
Brass Darts

Post by bomber brown »

:DDDD:

Joanne
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

nikkiboy wrote:I think it must have been 96, s20 d18 d20
I already said that. ;)
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Anyway no excuse for fighting or a slap as I heard, three darts would be s20 d18 double 10 =76, I just heard the last two darts double double, but it is only my opinion, each to their own, however still think lack of respect.
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

I've known Steve a long time and he ALWAYS goes D18 Dtop when left with 76 with 2 OR 3 darts left, thats just the way Steve feels confident going, taking the p1ss, NO WAY. I go tops tops on 80 a majority of the time, incl a league singles semi last thurs, and a captain AND players of a super league team got really funny about it and not in a nice way either,when I went for tops tops in a SL match. A lot of players have their OWN ideas about checkout's and in no way r any of them taking the p155.
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross »

I had 92 left last night, Blocked the treble 20 and felt more confident going D18 D18 then going for a treble 12.

It paid off, The player I played congratulated me on a good shot and carried on. Everything on the board is there to be hit !!!