5 reasons why the Premier League should be classed a major.

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Re: 5 reasons why the Premier League should be classed a maj

Post by Lurgan »

Glorified exhibition watched by a crowd of pissheads
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
devosteve wrote:Great video. Great band. Buy the cd 'Hot Potatoes the greatest hits'. A good introduction to the band. £5.00 from HMV.

Who ever thinks this is a major needs to seek "psychiatric help" you say. Well the 4 players tonight consider it to be a Major and they are closer to the action that any of us.

But, even better from Paddy: Hamilton and Painter chosen because of popularity!!! Not because of winning/reaching finals! The receptionist has asked me to pass a message to you: "The Doctor will see you now".
You know exactly what I mean, how can you have a major made up from such a small initial field.

Regards Paddy
Yes but selected from a much larger field. The top 4 places are given to those who have, over 2 years, proven themselves to be in the top 4 of the (PDC) world. Those top 4 positions are open to all players. So in a sense every ranking event is part of the qualifiying process for the PL.

I do understand the points though when players like Mardle have been chosen and it does weaken the event, and my argument for it to be a major. Mardle himself admitted that sometimes he did and sometimes he didn't deserve to in the PL. But you can't get away from the fact that this is the hardest TV event to qualify outright for. We tend to focus on the 4 wildcards instead of the need to be in the top 4.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Lurgan wrote:Glorified exhibition watched by a crowd of pissheads
Another 'stereotype comment' re the crowd. Yes it really bugs me when they are not watching the darts and chanting to each other (tables v seats etc). But there are a lot of people who are dedicated darts fans there as well. haven't the crowds, behaviour wise, been better this year? What do those think you have been year on year?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

devosteve wrote:
Another 'stereotype comment' re the crowd. Yes it really bugs me when they are not watching the darts and chanting to each other (tables v seats etc). But there are a lot of people who are dedicated darts fans there as well. haven't the crowds, behaviour wise, been better this year? What do those think you have been year on year?
The crowds are a disgrace, dont listen to me listen to the players who have had to endure their drunken antics. Far removed from the darts people I mix with
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

devosteve wrote:
I go to the Premier League a lot (including tonight) and I don't consider myself a chavvy p*ss head.

I certainly won't be chucking beer over anyone. :D
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

Adrian1969 wrote:
devosteve wrote:
I go to the Premier League a lot (including tonight) and I don't consider myself a chavvy p*ss head.

Case closed ma lord
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

devosteve wrote:Excitment building up for the 1st Major of the PDC calender
Definitely. The UK open cannot come quickly enough
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

devosteve wrote:
I have never been described as stereotypical before on dart forms
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Off to the pub now.

Laters chumps.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Adrian1969 wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Pimms still counts Adrian :roll:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

devosteve wrote:
Devo you have SOS syndrome.....are you familiar with the Disney Pixar movie Up? It's one of my favorite movies and there's a particular scene that just cracks me up. Without ruining it for you if you haven't seen it, a group of dogs flying fighter planes is attacking until someone yells, Squirrel! and off they go into another direction, forgetting what they were supposed to be doing in the first place.

The Shiny Object Syndrome, also known as SOS is a common disease among passionate individuals. It's what happens when you are easily side tracked, distracted or pulled away from what you were meant to be doing. SOS can happen in small doses, such as writing an email and then clicking on another page to see a Facebook post, or in big dozes, like joining several groups, buying home study courses, and participating in all sorts of events in search for the next best thing, while never completing any of them!

SOS is your resistance to taking action. It's the idea that creating busyness is another way getting things done. In the end, all the busy work keeps you from taking conscious action and developing a rhythm of completion.

Make a conscious decision: Simply put, taking conscious action doesn't mean adding more things on the to do list so you feel like you are achieving more. It actually means letting go of those activities that are not getting you anywhere- not serving your purpose. Every time you make a decision to do something, make sure you understand what it requires from you and what the outcome will be before you begin. This will help you stay on course until completion.

Stop avoiding what's important: Lots of times, we avoid what's important by getting busy. We fidget through the process because avoiding what's important is less painful. To stop focusing on things that are not important, create a list of three things that are essential. By focusing only on the things that matter, you will be less likely to follow other shiny objects along the way.

SOS is treatable with dedication and clarity. Know what you need to accomplish to get where you want to be and stay FOCUSED. The less you are sidetracked by brighter, shinier things that promise short cuts, the more you will accomplish in your life and business- guaranteed!
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

Wise words indeed
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

I dont watch it any more. No interest in it.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Lurgan wrote:Wise words indeed

what does it mean lurgy??? are devo and i planks ?
Lurgan
Superleague Player

Post by Lurgan »

WCDPA wrote:

You dont honestly think I read all that sihte?
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

Lurgan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

of course not, like most people you get bored after a few words in a paddy post :D
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

When someone kindly finds out what it means will they let me know.

Regards Paddy
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Justin Credible wrote:
Lurgan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

of course not, like most people you get bored after a few words in a paddy post :D
Least it's not the same old billy that you spout out, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Rave
Superleague Player

Post by Rave »

Adrian1969 wrote:99% of PDC darters would give their right arms to play the Premier League.

Makes it pretty major in my eyes - looks pretty good on anyones CV.
100% agree, fantastic darts too.
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Ginge wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:99% of PDC darters would give their right arms to play the Premier League.

Makes it pretty major in my eyes - looks pretty good on anyones CV.
100% of golfers would give their right arm to win TPC at Sawgrass - doesnt make it a "major" though.

They wouldn`t win much after that though would they :D
Image ImageImage Image