Justin Pipe

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Justin Pipe

Post by WCDPA »

Was watching a re run of speedway last nite Somerset v Ipswich where commentators were talking about Justin pipe, apparently Justin is supporting a charity event for Lee Richardson the speedway star tragically killed in Poland the other week, they mentioned adie Lewis is involved as well as Gary Anderson well done to all concerned. Does anyone have any details?
Booji Boy
International

Re: Justin Pipe

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin has been talking about this ever since the tragic news broke.

All i know is that it will be arranged and organised around about the time of a tv event - most likely the matchplay I imagine.
JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 »

Hi Paul

Thanks for your interest.
I'm hopping the event will be around a TV event. We can't confirm that at this time as that will take a lot of organising, but that is the plan.
If not then we are hopping to hold it the week around the Speedway GP in Cardiff.
The riders so far to say they will play are, Greg Hancock ( current world champ ) Jason Crump, Gary Havelock & Joe Screen.

The dart Players are
Aidrian Lewis, Gary Anderson, Mark Webster,Paul Nocholson, Simon Whitlock,Dean Winstanley, Jamie Caven, Chris Mason & me!!!

We are waiting on a couple other players at the moment to come back to us too.
The format will be a pairs match rider with player, we will have 8 riders & 8 players.

Any of the dart players that offer to help but not play in the pairs can be used for exbo of some kind I
At the event.

There has been lots of help for this from Phil Lanning, Alun Rositer & Nigel Pearson.

It will go ahead but as I've said we do need to confirm with players and riders the best date.
It will be a ticket event and ALL proceeds go towards the RICO fund.
Matt Ward my manager is having a eBay auction of my shirt that I wore in the final of the Euro Tour 1 and also James Wades final shirt!!! Also Kim Hybrechts, Chizzy, James Richardson & Gary Anderson have all donated shirts for the auction.
So I'm sure Matt will let you all know when that will be.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

JP
MDA
Superleague Player

Justin Pipe

Post by MDA »

Hi

Yes Justin loves his speedway and since last week he has been keen to get this off the ground.

Regarding the shirts going to try and get the ball rolling next weds some top players have donated their shirts so £500 is the target.

Matt
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

JP 180 wrote:Hi Paul

Thanks for your interest.
I'm hopping the event will be around a TV event. We can't confirm that at this time as that will take a lot of organising, but that is the plan.
If not then we are hopping to hold it the week around the Speedway GP in Cardiff.
The riders so far to say they will play are, Greg Hancock ( current world champ ) Jason Crump, Gary Havelock & Joe Screen.

The dart Players are
Aidrian Lewis, Gary Anderson, Mark Webster,Paul Nocholson, Simon Whitlock,Dean Winstanley, Jamie Caven, Chris Mason & me!!!

We are waiting on a couple other players at the moment to come back to us too.
The format will be a pairs match rider with player, we will have 8 riders & 8 players.

Any of the dart players that offer to help but not play in the pairs can be used for exbo of some kind I
At the event.

There has been lots of help for this from Phil Lanning, Alun Rositer & Nigel Pearson.

It will go ahead but as I've said we do need to confirm with players and riders the best date.
It will be a ticket event and ALL proceeds go towards the RICO fund.
Matt Ward my manager is having a eBay auction of my shirt that I wore in the final of the Euro Tour 1 and also James Wades final shirt!!! Also Kim Hybrechts, Chizzy, James Richardson & Gary Anderson
have all donated shirts for the auction.
So I'm sure Matt will let you all know when that will be.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Sounds a cracking event ! If we can be of any help let us know.
Used to go to Wimbledon speedway years ago and can remember it at the old wembley stadium lol.

JP
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

See also the news article slymaster linked yesterday.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

all i can say is good luck with this to Justin.....i was heavily involved in speedway and my brother in law was an international rider and Australian national champion a lot of years ago.....the death of Lee Richardson hit me pretty hard and was a big big shock ....he left a wife and 3 young sons so anything that can be done to raise money for them is fantastic.
It's great that darts can do this and shows what a great bunch dart players are regardless of PDC and BDO politics....i hope it goes ahead and i hope it raises loads of money for Lee's family.

if you want some BDO involvement i am sure Scott Mitchell is a big Poole supporter and Lee did ride for Poole at one time..
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

MDA wrote:Hi

Yes Justin loves his speedway and since last week he has been keen to get this off the ground.

Regarding the shirts going to try and get the ball rolling next weds some top players have donated their shirts so £500 is the target.

Matt
As Dean is playing why not have as a sideshow a battle of sexes pairs match Deano and a n other v Deta and Lorraine Farlam would create some interest I would have thought.
MDA
Superleague Player

Justin Pipe

Post by MDA »

You and feta v Deano n Lorraine
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

MDA wrote:You and feta v Deano n Lorraine
Feta?????? Do you know how bad I am at darts? But if it raised a few quid I would be up for it lol.
MDA
Superleague Player

Justin Pipe

Post by MDA »

Deta
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Mmmmmm Feta.

Seriously that would be a laugh for sure. Make it so MDMA
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

mod500 wrote:Mmmmmm Feta.

Seriously that would be a laugh for sure. Make it so MDMA
Tell Deano played under mariflex rules! That would be interesting.
I'm sure Mod and others will pay handsomely to see me humiliated ! I would pay £50 for the honour lol
MDA
Superleague Player

Justin Pipe

Post by MDA »

Sounds good to me this is pipes baby though he's the man to put any ideas to
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

trotter wrote:all i can say is good luck with this to Justin.....i was heavily involved in speedway and my brother in law was an international rider and Australian national champion a lot of years ago.....the death of Lee Richardson hit me pretty hard and was a big big shock ....he left a wife and 3 young sons so anything that can be done to raise money for them is fantastic.
It's great that darts can do this and shows what a great bunch dart players are regardless of PDC and BDO politics....i hope it goes ahead and i hope it raises loads of money for Lee's family.

if you want some BDO involvement i am sure Scott Mitchell is a big Poole supporter and Lee did ride for Poole at one time..
Can i ask who your brother in law is?

Was a massive speedway fan, and been a few deaths and very bad accidents over the last few years, and was watching the speedway when it was said, pipe was wanting to do a thing for Rico.

Great touch by JP and hope it goes very well.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Spud180 wrote:
trotter wrote:all i can say is good luck with this to Justin.....i was heavily involved in speedway and my brother in law was an international rider and Australian national champion a lot of years ago.....the death of Lee Richardson hit me pretty hard and was a big big shock ....he left a wife and 3 young sons so anything that can be done to raise money for them is fantastic.

Can i ask who your brother in law is?

Was a massive speedway fan, and been a few deaths and very bad accidents over the last few years, and was watching the speedway when it was said, pipe was wanting to do a thing for Rico.

Great touch by JP and hope it goes very well.

unless you're quite old then you probably wouldn't know him !...Glenn Doyle....Australian Champion in 1989 and 1990...rode in England for Long Eaton , Bradford, Eastbourne and Kings Lynn...hasn't ridden here since 1993
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

I remember him, started watching the mighty monarchs around 91. Any relation to Jason Doyle? Was a good era for aussies, Mick Poole, boycie, wiltshire, lyons, Shane Bowes of Glasgow, Start of Leigh Adams, Sullivan, parker, johno
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Spud180 wrote:I remember him, started watching the mighty monarchs around 91. Any relation to Jason Doyle? Was a good era for aussies, Mick Poole, boycie, wiltshire, lyons, Shane Bowes of Glasgow, Start of Leigh Adams, Sullivan, parker, johno

no relation to Jason..all of those mentioned were Aussie team mates at some stage and Adams was second to Glenn in the 1990 Aussie final in Brisbane...and he rode in the 3 man World Cup with Adams and Wiltshire..and Johno is still a really good friend back in Perth....it was the start of a good era for Aussie speedway like you said ..and it is amazing that Greg Hancock, who Glenn rode against numerous times, is still going strong and is the World Champion when he should be drawing his pension !!....and he is playing in this Lee Richardson charity night.....top bloke..

All i can say again is that i hope the night is a great success and fair play to all those who give up their time to support it and thanks a lot to Justin Pipe and pals..
JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 »

trotter wrote:
Spud180 wrote:I remember him, started watching the mighty monarchs around 91. Any relation to Jason Doyle? Was a good era for aussies, Mick Poole, boycie, wiltshire, lyons, Shane Bowes of Glasgow, Start of Leigh Adams, Sullivan, parker, johno

no relation to Jason..all of those mentioned were Aussie team mates at some stage and Adams was second to Glenn in the 1990 Aussie final in Brisbane...and he rode in the 3 man World Cup with Adams and Wiltshire..and Johno is still a really good friend back in Perth....it was the start of a good era for Aussie speedway like you said ..and it is amazing that Greg Hancock, who Glenn rode against numerous times, is still going strong and is the World Champion when he should be drawing his pension !!....and he is playing in this Lee Richardson charity night.....top bloke..

All i can say again is that i hope the night is a great success and fair play to all those who give up their time to support it and thanks a lot to Justin Pipe and pals..

Lol Trotter I remember Glen well!!! Has he still got that tach?
Green leathers I think!!

When this is all confirmed and a venue is fixed please do come along.
Herbie to be world champ at 40 odd is unreal, the man is a legend.
No hesitation from him to join us.

Regards

JP
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

JP 180 wrote:
trotter wrote:

Lol Trotter I remember Glen well!!! Has he still got that tach?
Green leathers I think!!

When this is all confirmed and a venue is fixed please do come along.
Herbie to be world champ at 40 odd is unreal, the man is a legend.
No hesitation from him to join us.

Regards

JP

cheers Justin....tache is long gone...but you are right about the green leathers ( and yellow bikes )....proper Aussie colours !!

good luck with the night...