New "Diamond White" Darts?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Suit
Pub Champion

New "Diamond White" Darts?

Post by The Suit »

I have been asked several times recently about Ian's darts, keen eyed folk had spotted a change! Here is the tale:

December 2011,for the second time in 12 months we at LPKOD had convinced Red Dragon that a player would be a huge asset to them.

So after the world championships, Ian " Diamond" White tripped off to Cardiff to visit the guru's at Red Dragon. A day of video recording of throws and sampling of good followed. Along with the usual formalities.

Ian is quite a astute character and had noticed a small problem with his darts. Not that it could have been that big, bearing in mind his form of the last few months of 2011! However notice it he had, there was a varying grip level.

Ian used custom made darts which were almost a cross between Anastasia's and Tony O Shea's. In many ways they were perfect but occasionally the grip was not enough for Ian's liking.

Whilst trying various styles and custom made barrels, Lee at Red Dragon disappeared and returned with a strange looking set, the grip seemed very rough but the styling excellent and suited Ian perfectly. A set was slightly customised and then Ian worked with them for a couple of weeks at home.

The darts made there Pro debut at The Spanish Darts Trophy 2012 Benidorm. 1st round 1st day 9 darter & semi sinal, the rest you have seen for yourselves.

The darts are Element 6 (22g)from Red Dragon - http://www.reddragondarts.com/det/5134/ ... 22g-Darts/

Ian uses the exact ones you see here with one or two cosmetic preferences & personalisations. Red Dragon darts are producing a "Diamond White" edition for the 2013 catalogue although they should be available online before that. In addition an alternate version may be available in a different price range.

Although not cheap, it should be noted that they have Diamond Grip, quality casing and are the best quality and engineered darts made by RD.

Anyone interested in obtaining a set of the prototype edition should pm me here. Very few are available in advance, they are exclusive to Ian and will be highly sought after.Image
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Re: New "Diamond White" Darts?

Post by Lee Taylor »

Advertising packages are available.
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

Lee Taylor wrote:Advertising packages are available.
Unfortunately our players are sponsored by companies who need to make a living and sell items. We have not got rich benefactors who do not care what happens to their money. Thus when the opportunity to positively support their product at the same time as informing the dart fan is possible then it would be remiss of us to miss the opportunity.

The superb performances of Ian since last summer have led to this and it is as much to show the positive side of that that his management team re-enforce the team effort behind the success and show suitable appreciation where appropriate.

At LPKOD we are very grateful to Red Dragon and especially Simon & Lee, when others ignored us for the first 12 months they did not. Also having been proven right once they were willing to take our word again. In addition they have supported many other events etc. In order to help both our and other players. Surely a thing worth knowing for newer players who may find themselves in similar positions, managers wondering who to deal with or fans wondering where best to spend the hard earned if they also wish to help players.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The Suit wrote:
Unfortunately our players are sponsored by companies who need to make a living and sell items. We have not got rich benefactors who do not care what happens to their money. Thus when the opportunity to positively support their product at the same time as informing the dart fan is possible then it would be remiss of us to miss the opportunity.

The superb performances of Ian since last summer have led to this and it is as much to show the positive side of that that his management team re-enforce the team effort behind the success and show suitable appreciation where appropriate.

At LPKOD we are very grateful to Red Dragon and especially Simon & Lee, when others ignored us for the first 12 months they did not. Also having been proven right once they were willing to take our word again. In addition they have supported many other events etc. In order to help both our and other players. Surely a thing worth knowing for newer players who may find themselves in similar positions, managers wondering who to deal with or fans wondering where best to spend the hard earned if they also wish to help players.
This forum is funded by those same fans and doesn't come for free Callum.
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

spaceman70 wrote:
The Suit wrote:

Never hinted it did Dave, just get a little fed up of cynics sometimes. The forum is full of brands, logo's and thinly disguised ads. I tend to be pretty open and direct. It almost always works in favour of the player and fan. As it has already in this case.

At least this story carries an interesting tale of the small margins that can make a huge difference. Ian's noticing of the slight grip issue and the analysis of the guys, then creating a solution was very impressive.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

The Suit wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
The Suit wrote:

Never hinted it did Dave, just get a little fed up of cynics sometimes. The forum is full of brands, logo's and thinly disguised ads. I tend to be pretty open and direct. It almost always works in favour of the player and fan. As it has already in this case.

At least this story carries an interesting tale of the small margins that can make a huge difference. Ian's noticing of the slight grip issue and the analysis of the guys, then creating a solution was very impressive.
I understand where you are coming from Callum. At the same time this forum has contributed 70+ (at least 40 regulars) to mark for your said players at a cost. That cost has some contribution towards it for the most recent uk tournaments but it does in no way cover the cost or even pay a wage.

Neil Birkin of Double16 does what he does and is obviously a darts man through and through. I have never had the pleasure of meeting him but I have sorted a visit to the pro tour for him this year. If I can show why this forum is different in their contribution to darts than others then I will. That in turn gives it value which I need to exploit.

No different to you. ;)
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

So what is being said Dave? The post was ok or not?

My view is it is no different to many here. I was merely correcting Lee T.

If not then surely many others currently on the first 2/3 pages will fall foul as well.

Anyway, no worries I was purely doing my best to support a player, as always.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

The Suit wrote:So what is being said Dave? The post was ok or not?

If not then surely many others currently on the first 2/3 pages will fall foul as well.

Callum.

There was nothing wrong with your post mate.

Word to the wise though, as one of the team that own/run this forum, I don't need to be "corrected".

Lee.

PS. I think it is fantastic that Ian has made the break through this year, have always followed his progress.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

The Suit wrote:I have been asked several times recently about Ian's darts

Of course you have ;)

I see Ian White is still getting short thrift in your avatar. Mark's your favourite eh?
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Mr P. Neshead
Superleague Player

Post by Mr P. Neshead »

The Suit wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
The Suit wrote:

"Marginal Gains" Callum, the Olympics are still on so please use the correct lingo!
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

and the Iron Fist wrote:

Of course you have ;)

I see Ian White is still getting short thrift in your avatar. Mark's your favourite eh?
tut tut, you seem not to have noticed that Ian's logo is bigger than Mark's!
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

Mr P. Neshead wrote:
The Suit wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
The Suit wrote:

"Marginal Gains" Callum, the Olympics are still on so please use the correct lingo!
It was originally called "the theory of small margins",the idea being to off set the advantages given to cyclists of teams/nations who were systematically using drugs. Amazing to see the numbers who now know it.
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

Lee Taylor wrote:
The Suit wrote:So what is being said Dave? The post was ok or not?

Callum.

There was nothing wrong with your post mate.

Word to the wise though, as one of the team that own/run this forum, I don't need to be "corrected".

Lee.

PS. I think it is fantastic that Ian has made the break through this year, have always followed his progress.
Thanks. However I do not believe being an owner, or part of a ownership team, means that you cannot be disagreed with or replied to if someone believes you are wrong. Thus corrected.
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

The Suit wrote:
and the Iron Fist wrote:

Of course you have ;)

tut tut, you seem not to have noticed that Ian's logo is bigger than Mark's!
I have been asked loads of times about Ian's darts, on fb & in person, normal when a player appears more on tv and in the later stages of floor events. It has however taken a while to get it sorted to everyone's liking and meant a delay in availabilty, thus when sorted and timeline agreed seemed a time to inform folk.

Thanks for the interest all.
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Obviously you'll be running a comp on here with a set of his darts as a prize?

;)
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

Already running one for both Ian and Mark with goodie bags available. Also the movie competition for Mark with a trip to ally pally as the prize.

Will probably do a darts one when the range is actually available in all its glory.