Robert Wagner

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Robert Wagner

Post by nikkiboy »

Just read on facebook that he is barred from playing Winmau and lakeside qualifiers for his "bdo is shiiite" comments

Anyone know any more?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
foggs3355
International

Re: Robert Wagner

Post by foggs3355 »

if that is true the pressue will be on in the last SDC to get in to pdc world champs mabye tour school for him next year
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

How can they do that?
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

trotter
International

Post by trotter »

i honestly don't think they can genuinely bar somebody for a throwaway comment like that..BDO players have said much worse on facebook and forums..will they bar them all ?.....crazy panic kneejerk reaction from a sinking ship.
Al Capone
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by Al Capone »

Rather than banning him, would they not be better sitting down and discussing the issues he has, and trying to solve them? or is that a daft suggestion?
---------------------------------------
Keep the change ya filthy animal!!
--------------------------------------
-
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

it is daft al, reverse the situation, a player playing a bdo event says on camera that the pdc is shite, that said player returns to the pdc action , would he not face dra action? wagner shot off his mouth like a silly schoolgirl once he had got the hearn pound,if you lie down with dogs you catch fleas
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Doesn't the fact he was speaking in a 2nd language count? There is such a thing as translation.
If this is true i hope they have given him a chance to explain himself. That is what professional orgs do.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

with all due respect devo- the bdo is s h i t e transcends every language
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

fandarts wrote:with all due respect devo- the bdo is s h i t e transcends every language
but if he actually meant the BDO is not as good as the PDC, or if he had meant "it's a bit rubbish" he should be banned?

Do you believe fandarts that if any BDO player makes negative comments about the BDO they should be banned or should it just apply to those who have, as you describe it, lay down with the PDC dogs?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

There were also a few players at England classic who probably won't be allowed to play BDO either, awaiting announcement that associate members won't be banned .
In my opinion Robert has made it clear that he will definitely go to ally pally if he qualifies through SDC .
Perhaps that's the reason he might take players out of play offs and win masters then depriving people of playing at lakeside.
He has made it clear that ally pally is his aim let's hope he is good enough to get there.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

WCDPA wrote:There were also a few players at England classic who probably won't be allowed to play BDO either, awaiting announcement that associate members won't be banned .
In my opinion Robert has made it clear that he will definitely go to ally pally if he qualifies through SDC .
Perhaps that's the reason he might take players out of play offs and win masters then depriving people of playing at lakeside.
He has made it clear that ally pally is his aim let's hope he is good enough to get there.
So, he MIGHT qualify for ally pally, thats enough reason to ban him? Banning people for what they MIGHT do, thats setting a good precedent. But I guess they already went there not inviting people to IDPA events because they 'might not' renew their membership.
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

O C wrote:
WCDPA wrote:There were also a few players at England classic who probably won't be allowed to play BDO either, awaiting announcement that associate members won't be banned .
So, he MIGHT qualify for ally pally, thats enough reason to ban him? Banning people for what they MIGHT do, thats setting a good precedent. But I guess they already went there not inviting people to IDPA events because they 'might not' renew their membership.

The BDO let Rosenauer take a dump on other peoples ambitions a few years ago and maybe they don't want that situation again. That said I am a fan of Wagner and hope this isn't true, but as for people defending his comments, I can't see how they can be misinterpreted.
northernexposure
Pub Champion

Post by northernexposure »

Should have played his cards a bit closer to his chest, like Ted did before his move.
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

I don't want to be judge or jury here, but I think it's not just the BDO that can be a little harsh in their judgements and penalty policy, remember Gary Anderson recently incurring a ban for all European events because he abandoned a match due to his eye probs (and probably offered some officials who opposed against this decision some juicy Scottish slangwords.... ;)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rudy wrote:I don't want to be judge or jury here, but I think it's not just the BDO that can be a little harsh in their judgements and penalty policy, remember Gary Anderson recently incurring a ban for all European events because he abandoned a match due to his eye probs (and probably offered some officials who opposed against this decision some juicy Scottish slangwords.... ;)
Made no secret I think the dra is an ass, the bdo is the sphincter
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ecky Thump
County Player

Post by Ecky Thump »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rudy wrote:I don't want to be judge or jury here, but I think it's not just the BDO that can be a little harsh in their judgements and penalty policy, remember Gary Anderson recently incurring a ban for all European events because he abandoned a match due to his eye probs (and probably offered some officials who opposed against this decision some juicy Scottish slangwords.... ;)
Made no secret I think the dra is an ass, the bdo is the sphincter
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Adrian1969 wrote:How can they do that?
It happened with the cricket so why not darts?
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Surely by entering a series of comps that gets you to the PDC world champs you are making your intentions perfectly clear! Then compounding that by saying the BDO is jobby can he really be surprised his not welcome?
Has anyone found out the exact reason he is banned ?
davcol
Superleague Player

Post by davcol »

he deserves banning for life the scumbag.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Actually, it's been insinuated that Anderson started fisticuffs with another high-ranking PDC player after he left the stage, and that's why his penalty is so harsh compared to others the DRA have doled out.

WCDPA wrote:Surely by entering a series of comps that gets you to the PDC world champs you are making your intentions perfectly clear!
If that's the logic to be applied here, I guess most well-known Scandinavian players better not bother to travel to Hull...