French Open

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

French Open

Post by WCDPA »

The French open was played weekend just gone have I missed the results ????
Bag Carrier
County Player

Re: French Open

Post by Bag Carrier »

who knows I it's even ranked seems as how nobody has been told anything. Was also Klondike open in Canada.

I know who won all comps but are they of any use ???
JFT97
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Bag Carrier wrote:who knows I it's even ranked seems as how nobody has been told anything. Was also Klondike open in Canada.

I know who won all comps but are they of any use ???
I know mrs Hayhurst won the Klondike!
Just curious about the French .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Klondike has a red circle here:

http://www.bdodarts.com/diarydetails.aspx

...meaning it should be, the French doesnt. However I wouldnt trust that page as verbatim.

Didnt Alan Norris win the French?
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Wesley Harms and Irina won french, Alan won Luxembourg

BDO need to inform players like yesterday whats happening, is it 16 ladies and 40 men for the proposed Lakeside 2014, If there is TV for one. Would be nice to know for the players as people are people may not travel to any comps yet till we know
JFT97
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

Alan lost in the last 8, going for a hat trick of wins having won in 2010 and 2011. Wesley beat German youngster Max Hopp, 15 years old, in the final.

Irina was also going for a hat trick of wins and succeeded when she beat Aileen de Graaf in the final 4 - 2, with a very good average too.

Semi finalists in the ladies were Rachna David ( Irina won 4 - 1 ) and Jane Shearing ( I think Aileen won that 4 - 0 )
Image ImageImage Image
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

avalon wrote:Alan lost in the last 8, going for a hat trick of wins having won in 2010 and 2011. Wesley beat German youngster Max Hopp, 15 years old, in the final.

Irina was also going for a hat trick of wins and succeeded when she beat Aileen de Graaf in the final 4 - 2, with a very good average too.

Semi finalists in the ladies were Rachna David ( Irina won 4 - 1 ) and Jane Shearing ( I think Aileen won that 4 - 0 )
Don't be a tease john what was average?
Spud has a point , I know of a couple of ladies who are not going to travel a lot next year to chase 3 places spending a small fortune. It's about time the BDO increased the field to 16 , the ladies game is far to strong now for just 8 ladies, back up with actions your words on the policy document.
Ladies got off their ar and arranged 1 very successful event , everyone else seems to be encouraging them apart from the BDO.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

It beggars belief that no changes have yet been announced yet. Has the consultation been for nothing?

I know what it is - the insular British players will be scared of losing their precious Lakeside places so no doubt they all objected wholesale
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:It beggars belief that no changes have yet been announced yet. Has the consultation been for nothing?

I know what it is - the insular British players will be scared of losing their precious Lakeside places so no doubt they all objected wholesale
Maybe the men Bradders but there isn't one uk based lady who will object to lakeside going to 16 .
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:It beggars belief that no changes have yet been announced yet. Has the consultation been for nothing?

Maybe the men Bradders but there isn't one uk based lady who will object to lakeside going to 16 .
Well yes, maybe I should have specified I was talking about the men :D

Even if there are an extra 8 places for the Men, the UK men will moan like f**k at the mere chance of having to come in a round early - look how Tapsa moaned about it :fishing :fishing :fishing
Big Jock Knew
tapsa
Superleague Player

Post by tapsa »

WCDPA wrote:
avalon wrote:Alan lost in the last 8, going for a hat trick of wins having won in 2010 and 2011. Wesley beat German youngster Max Hopp, 15 years old, in the final.

Spud has a point , I know of a couple of ladies who are not going to travel a lot next year to chase 3 places spending a small fortune. It's about time the BDO increased the field to 16 , the ladies game is far to strong now for just 8 ladies, back up with actions your words on the policy document.
Ladies got off their ar and arranged 1 very successful event , everyone else seems to be encouraging them apart from the BDO.
Agree. In ladies game BDO has some thing PDC doesn't seem to want. So why not concentrate more for that.
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

WCDPA wrote:

It was 28.48, after 4 legs it was 31 but there was a lengthy discussion after the 4th leg concerning the finish, totally destroyed the concentration of both Irina and Aileen for the 5th leg. The 5th leg was the only leg over 18 darts ( 24 by Aileen )
Image ImageImage Image
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

If they go to 16/40 I would like to see them do a North American,Asian ranking, Scandanavian Ranking, Oceana Ranking to make the Worlds that little bit more Global.

There are decent men and women in these far away countries that win many events but are never going to get to Lakesdie because the points they win in ther home and neighbouring countries are not enough for them to brake into the ranking places needed.

I believe this was talked about, But yet again, Nobody knows whats happening.

So I would read it now as it stands that Cindy Hayhurst in the current number 1 in the ladies ranking ???
JFT97
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Bag Carrier wrote:If they go to 16/40 I would like to see them do a North American,Asian ranking, Scandanavian Ranking, Oceana Ranking to make the Worlds that little bit more Global.

There are decent men and women in these far away countries that win many events but are never going to get to Lakesdie because the points they win in ther home and neighbouring countries are not enough for them to brake into the ranking places needed.

I believe this was talked about, But yet again, Nobody knows whats happening.

So I would read it now as it stands that Cindy Hayhurst in the current number 1 in the ladies ranking ???
She has improved so much since changing her name :D
SHAKIN
Brass Darts

Post by SHAKIN »

I thought I heard at the weekend that the French Open was not ranked this year.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

SHAKIN wrote:I thought I heard at the weekend that the French Open was not ranked this year.
If thats the case why did some of the top players bother going, Was ranked last year was'nt it.
JFT97
Dave33
Pub Champion

Post by Dave33 »

Talking to somebody over here who played in the French Open "apparently" the BDO took the points away because they held it on a county weekend!! , thats the last time at Gerardmer , next year it will held at Bray Dune near Dunkerque and the Belgian Border
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.”
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

That will be good.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dave33 wrote:Talking to somebody over here who played in the French Open "apparently" the BDO took the points away because they held it on a county weekend!!
Please tell me you are kidding?

Proves beyond reasonable doubt that the BDO only want British players at Lakeside and they couldnt give a shiny jobby about the rest of the world.
Big Jock Knew
sylvia
Steady Sixties

Post by sylvia »

Bag Carrier wrote:
SHAKIN wrote:I thought I heard at the weekend that the French Open was not ranked this year.
If thats the case why did some of the top players bother going, Was ranked last year was'nt it.

It was zuiderduin ranked Tony