Post by nikkiboy »

Hmmmmm
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
checkout
Brass Darts

Re: Race for 2011 Premier League

Post by checkout »

Darter wrote:Terry Jenkins will deffo need to finish in the top four to secure a place.
Such is his relationship with the heirarchary within the PDC,
The qualifying criteria was changed to prevent him from doing so.

Regards Jim.
Correct. Terry is very determined to do it though !
checkout
Brass Darts

Post by checkout »

Darter wrote:Terry Jenkins will deffo need to finish in the top four to secure a place.

Regards Jim.
Correct. Terry is very determined to do it though !
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Regards Jim.
Thought this was common knowledge?

Being pictured at Lakeside whilst the PDC Awards Dinner was going on has probably done him no favours.
Big Jock Knew
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Update on 02/08/2010 following European Championships

All money to be defended up to and including the World Championships has been removed.

Top 4 + 4 Wildcards Qualify.

1. Phil Taylor, £918,500
2. Raymond van Barneveld, £198,400
3. Simon Whitlock, £177,750
4. James Wade, £172,142
--------------------------------------
5. Terry Jenkins, £162,020
6. Ronnie Baxter, £152,642
7. Mervyn King, £147,750
8. Colin Lloyd, £142,785
9. Adrian Lewis, £142,350
10. Gary Anderson, £137,050
11. Mark Walsh, £136,142
12. Wayne Jones, £125,700
13. Colin Osborne, £122,742
14. Andy Hamilton, £121,536
15. Paul Nicholson, £111,771
16. Kevin Painter, £107,842
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

I don't think it will happen but just as a 'What If':

If James wade didn't secure a Top 4 place by the cut-off point (and not doing so would mean he wasn't doing much form-wise too, or else he would have accumulated the money needed) would he be 100 % guaranteed a wildcard?

With his record you would normally think it wouldn't even be a question but then again he's not much of a character and doesn't enjoy the best relationship with the fans. I'm not sure if he would be missed a great deal by the more casual Premier league punters. That's just an observation, not a dig; I personally would select him.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Raff
Brass Darts

Post by Raff »

and the Iron Fist wrote:I don't think it will happen but just as a 'What If':

If James wade didn't secure a Top 4 place by the cut-off point (and not doing so would mean he wasn't doing much form-wise too, or else he would have accumulated the money needed) would he be 100 % guaranteed a wildcard?

With his record you would normally think it wouldn't even be a question but then again he's not much of a character and doesn't enjoy the best relationship with the fans. I'm not sure if he would be missed a great deal by the more casual Premier league punters. That's just an observation, not a dig; I personally would select him.
I think he'd be guaranteed a wildcard - too big a name, not to be, only guy not called Phil to have won it, last year's finalist, one of the best records against Taylor etc etc.
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Raff wrote:

I think he'd be guaranteed a wildcard - too big a name, not to be, only guy not called Phil to have won it, last year's finalist, one of the best records against Taylor etc etc.
I think he'd get a wild card too. But without a major TV ranking final since the WMP in 2008, he'd be getting one based on reputation and not form.
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

great post and i agree with it all

i wouldnt miss him as to me he's a big part of it becoming stale..........if he's not playing well the harsh truth is that he offers nothing else so tbh , if he doesnt pick it up and falls out the top 4 then he surely cant be picked
Spud180
Pub Champion

Post by Spud180 »

OllyNufc180 wrote:

great post and i agree with it all

i wouldnt miss him as to me he's a big part of it becoming stale..........if he's not playing well the harsh truth is that he offers nothing else so tbh , if he doesnt pick it up and falls out the top 4 then he surely cant be picked
Ok he doesnt have the biggest of personalitys, But didnt u watch the Premier League finals night at all?

Wade warrants his place on pure consistancy with the Premier League alone!

Although sky bum Taylor, like u bum anything orange olly, But id rather see dart players, who actually put up a decent match and performance vs Taylor than put on the "im a big hard man act with the crowd" and then play like a turnip.

Walk ons get 2 tedious and boring, like mardle and manley, when there is little substance at the end of it.

Give me the best 8 dart players on TV week in week out who havnt lost before a dart is thrown vs Taylor.
and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist »

Who is choosing the wildcards?

Is it Sky or is it 50 / 50 with the PDC?

If the PDC have any choice I think they would select James Wade in the unlikely circumstances being discussed. Sky... i'm not so sure. They've never really acknowledged him as being up there with taylor and Barney and still, after 4 majors, talk about him as a great youngster with bags of potential. They don't always interview him and he doesn't always get the prominent TV time slots. If taylor and Van Barneveld are on seperate nights Gary Anderson tends to get the slot just before their match. Wade's often on early or late night.

I remember when Tony Eccles knocked James Wade out of the Grand Prix in the first round a couple of years back and it barely registered on the Sky hype-ometer despite having played in, at that time, 6 out of the previous 7 Sky finals, and winning 3 of them!* They didn't even interview Tony Eccles.

*Matchplay 2007, Grand Prix 2007, Premier League 2008, UK Open 2008, Las Vegas 2008 and Matchplay 2008, missing only the 2007 Worlds (and even then, narrowly going down in the quarter finals to the eventual winner, whilst struggling with the flu!)
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.
Angela_ZB
Pub Champion

Post by Angela_ZB »

Why are there only a few lads up here who mention Andy Hamilton, Wayne Jones or Co Stompé besides Gary Anderson for a wildcard? So consistent given the first half of the season. If they keep up the good work, including the Worlds, it could be one hell of a fight for the wildcards :IIII:
@angelavanhees on twitter, darts is my Christmas present
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Wade 110% deserves a widcard if he is out of the top 4...and he would 110% get one as well
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

trotter wrote:Wade 110% deserves a widcard if he is out of the top 4...and he would 110% get one as well
Deffo .

Do not think Adrian Lewis will get another bite at the cherry.

But who else.

Seems to be a 13 week trail to Taylor winning at the moment so its gonna be hard to reinvent some excitement to that.
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Angela_ZB wrote:Why are there only a few lads up here who mention Andy Hamilton, Wayne Jones or Co Stompé besides Gary Anderson for a wildcard? So consistent given the first half of the season. If they keep up the good work, including the Worlds, it could be one hell of a fight for the wildcards :IIII:
To be honest I think Stompe is a decent shout.

He's very popular and with a decent run at the World's who knows?

Not sure if Ollie's ticker would be able to handle it though. :D

True The Hammer always seems to be overlooked - a couple of years ago I was thinking he would qualify by rights.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Adrian1969 wrote: To be honest I think Stompe is a decent shout.
He's very popular and with a decent run at the World's who knows?
Stompe is becoming the new Mardle.. :D (ask Olly)

I would say a decent-ish run at the Worlds could see Stompe make the 2011 PL. Definately fast becoming the fans fave.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price