Minehead Qualifier

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
A.Dev
Pub Champion

Re: Minehead Qualifier

Post by A.Dev »

Brian Woods is last qualifier, 6-1 over Mark Hylton, I expect Hylton though to come back strong in 2013.

The Dart Destroyer - THE DARTS WRITER
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

A.Dev wrote:Brian Woods is last qualifier, 6-1 over Mark Hylton, I expect Hylton though to come back strong in 2013.

do you think kev thomas will succeed in the pdc mate, such a local winner.
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
A.Dev
Pub Champion

Post by A.Dev »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
A.Dev wrote:Brian Woods is last qualifier, 6-1 over Mark Hylton, I expect Hylton though to come back strong in 2013.

Yes, I think Kevin is going to have a big impact and get some big wins early on too, I expect him to do well this weekend in the UK Open Qualifiers 1 & 2.

The Dart Destroyer - THE DARTS WRITER
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

A.Dev wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

Yes, I think Kevin is going to have a big impact and get some big wins early on too, I expect him to do well this weekend in the UK Open Qualifiers 1 & 2.
Yep agree boyo, quality player needs to be in the "big" league.
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Shows the depth of talent around Kev being tipped to do well , good local winner but never really set the main BDO comps alight.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

WCDPA wrote:Shows the depth of talent around Kev being tipped to do well , good local winner but never really set the main BDO comps alight.

never travelled pauley would be the answer to that, winner that knows how to win , will help in the pdc world.

Too good to be dismissed. :WWWW:
Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy »

Hats off to the markers - was 9 (or 10?) there tonight, just doing it for the love of darts. They've got a LONG two days coming up.
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Krispy wrote:Hats off to the markers - was 9 (or 10?) there tonight, just doing it for the love of darts. They've got a LONG two days coming up.
Wanna help? :D

I expect xtreme will be on to tell me what an epic failure it was. :D
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

spaceman70 wrote:
Krispy wrote:Hats off to the markers - was 9 (or 10?) there tonight, just doing it for the love of darts. They've got a LONG two days coming up.
Wanna help? :D

I expect xtreme will be on to tell me what an epic failure it was. :D

no time m8 just stuck on twitter :DDD:
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

Looks like they have scrapped the 100 quid for the losers of the final match too.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Welshwizard79 wrote:Looks like they have scrapped the 100 quid for the losers of the final match too.
Poor Ted :D
Big Jock Knew
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Got to go down as bad day for Dean not getting through and loosing to Pearce.

Good day for West bro's and few others. Not surprised by that many if the results in the games to get through.

Congrats to the winners
JFT97
The Suit
Pub Champion

Post by The Suit »

WCDPA wrote:Shows the depth of talent around Kev being tipped to do well , good local winner but never really set the main BDO comps alight.
Different game best of 11 almost ideal conditions week after week, roughly same field size etc, you can tell from the number of supposed lesser lights over last 3/4 years. No longer is BDO success one of the only indicators for success in the pdc.

Heydon, Hylton, Richardson, Howson, Hudson and many more had not troubled the later stages of BDO majors but have the talent and temperament for this version of the game. Others such as Haines have made a good start and may come through yet.

Seems it takes some switchers time to adjust to the various demands of resources, consistancy over the longer format etc. The Wests are heading upwards and Pecker was just beginning to find some good form when time ran out on his 2 year card, maybe this qualification will change things for him as well. Ted next to find his feet?
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

Apparently Stuart played his best darts in pdc last night at 4-4 he went out in two 13s with Kevin on his tail to pounce
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

Well done West's and Woods, what a fine performance from the three to watch on the tour this year, I expect them all to appear in nearly every semi along with Chizzy this year.
Chizzyesque
Jugs
Brass Darts

Post by Jugs »

Glad to see Pecker get through, hope this kick starts his year
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

ifm wrote:
phil davies wrote:Ted got a great chance of starting of this year much better than last year hope he can do well this year so we can see him on the box again it doesn't matter if your a fan of his or not he's pure entertainment to watch hope I haven't jinxed him for tonight now :IIII: :bat:
Keith Rooney 6-3 Ted Hankey

Oops

Ted at GSoD again this year but this euro event finals not televised or on a stream so nothing lost!
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

DavidB wrote:
ifm wrote:
phil davies wrote:Ted got a great chance of starting of this year much better than last year hope he can do well this year so we can see him on the box again it doesn't matter if your a fan of his or not he's pure entertainment to watch hope I haven't jinxed him for tonight now :IIII: :bat:
Keith Rooney 6-3 Ted Hankey

Oops

Ted at GSoD again this year but this euro event finals not televised or on a stream so nothing lost!

the Euro events might not be televised but actually qualifying for them is absolutely vital if you want to make the Martchplay, Grand Prix, Euros etc....so these qualifiers are vital for players with TV ambitions....so plenty lost i would say.