Australia - what players are foing ?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: Australia - what players are foing ?

Post by spaceman70 »

It's a hell of a long way to go for 1 OOM tournament, although if you are close to qualifying for the worlds, it might just be the opportunity to get you in.

I would be surprised if there are more than 10 PDPA members going though.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

it's a long way that's for sure...it might be worth it like you say if it it pushes you into the WGP or especially Ally Pally or if you treat is a holiday to visit friends or relatives with darts thrown in....but 1 ranking event isn't much, though it would be unfair on the majority of PDPA members who play all year to have more i think.
All PDPA players are entitled to enter the Oceanic Masters as well but if they win it it won't qualify them for Ally Pally
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote:it's a long way that's for sure...it might be worth it like you say if it it pushes you into the WGP or especially Ally Pally or if you treat is a holiday to visit friends or relatives with darts thrown in....but 1 ranking event isn't much, though it would be unfair on the majority of PDPA members who play all year to have more i think.
All PDPA players are entitled to enter the Oceanic Masters as well but if they win it it won't qualify them for Ally Pally
According to an earlier poster in this thread, Nicholson had to get a wildcard to get into the Oceanic Masters - so are you sure? Didnt think PDPA members who didnt do the DPA circuit could just walk into it?
Big Jock Knew
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

Bradders wrote:
trotter wrote:it's a long way that's for sure...it might be worth it like you say if it it pushes you into the WGP or especially Ally Pally or if you treat is a holiday to visit friends or relatives with darts thrown in....but 1 ranking event isn't much, though it would be unfair on the majority of PDPA members who play all year to have more i think.
According to an earlier poster in this thread, Nicholson had to get a wildcard to get into the Oceanic Masters - so are you sure? Didnt think PDPA members who didnt do the DPA circuit could just walk into it?
It's open to anyone this year. Top 10 from the DPA Order of Merit plus 6 wildcards plus 16 players from a qualifying tournament.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

armchairfan wrote:
Bradders wrote:
It's open to anyone this year. Top 10 from the DPA Order of Merit plus 6 wildcards plus 16 players from a qualifying tournament.
Might attract a couple of PDPA members then I guess!
Big Jock Knew
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

I think there will be a few more "regular" players than normal. Not sure if the thisisdarts boys are going BUT it wouldn't suprise me if Nigel, Tony etc did go. Maishy is going to Aus then onto Canada, i remember him saying. Robert doesn't want to go BUT may have to with his position in the both OOM's?

Alan W.L. maybe making a comeback? He's in the area anyway on the "promo tour" with Dennis etc?
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

so a few will be making the trip then maybe...

talking of DPA and DFA then Rob Modra is currently top of the race to represent the DFA in the World Masters and Lakeside qualifiers and is also top of the DPA rankings as well for Ally Pally so he could well upset somebody down the line :D
Dart Players Wife
The Ton Club

Post by Dart Players Wife »

Tony, Nicholson, Beaton and Walshie are defo going..
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

I know snakebite isn't going, saw him earlier.
coolasice
Feather Flights

Re: Australia - what players are doing ?

Post by coolasice »

thorn may be coming will know shortly
GtotheF
International

Re: Australia - what players are doing ?

Post by GtotheF »

coolasice wrote:thorn may be coming will know shortly
Another familiar name from the past. :WWWW:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

coolasice
Feather Flights

Post by coolasice »

thornton confirmed starter in oz :D
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

coolasice wrote:thornton confirmed starter in oz :D
With his OOM position and Players Champ OOM posi he had very little choice!
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

thornton and webby are going
JFT97