The best shafts & flights ?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
A.Dev
Pub Champion

The best shafts & flights ?

Post by A.Dev »

I'm picking the darts up again after over four years not throwing and wanted to know what equipment some of you are using. What shafts and stems are you finding are lasting the longest etc ?
I've been using some stems with a grip ring and what I'm finding is that the ring itself isn't lasting long at all, either becoming very loose so not serving it's purpose or breaking and coming off completely.
Be interested to hear your comments on what's good and not so good from your experiences, cheers.

The Dart Destroyer - THE DARTS WRITER
The Master
Superleague Player

Re: The best shafts & flights ?

Post by The Master »

A.Dev wrote:I'm picking the darts up again after over four years not throwing and wanted to know what equipment some of you are using. What shafts and stems are you finding are lasting the longest etc ?
I've been using some stems with a grip ring and what I'm finding is that the ring itself isn't lasting long at all, either becoming very loose so not serving it's purpose or breaking and coming off completely.
Be interested to hear your comments on what's good and not so good from your experiences, cheers.
Cosmo
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Fit-flight gear is good and more and more using it once they have tried it
JFT97
A.Dev
Pub Champion

Post by A.Dev »

Thanks for that, I'll definitely take a look at them.

mrsheen
Pub Champion

Post by mrsheen »

A.Dev wrote:Thanks for that, I'll definitely take a look at them.
That post was a cracking read.
gm180
Pub Champion

Post by gm180 »

hey troops not sure where to post this i was going to start a new thread but i'll just stick it in here. Anyway my problem is i've just got a set on anderson phase 2s. however after throwing them for a couple of hours yesterday i couldn't help but notice how they keep falling out the board when im walking up to take them out. I use a bulls advantage II board and i know this is quite a hard board, but never had this problem with my g-force dreamboy darts that i used for ages.My brother seems to think this is because the points are new and need roughed up a bit. is he right or is it the way i chuck them. Hope i've made sense an some1 can help thanks
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Your brother is right, rough up points on all new ones
Thinking of one.
STEVE M
Pub Champion

Post by STEVE M »

The Master wrote:
A.Dev wrote:I'm picking the darts up again after over four years not throwing and wanted to know what equipment some of you are using. What shafts and stems are you finding are lasting the longest etc ?
Cosmo
I use plain extra short nylon stems @22p each from a180 and they hold up very well and I clatter my darts with force.
Seems alot of money to shell out on the cosmos to me.
The darts industry it seems is trying to push the boundaries and the wool over peoples eyes in thinking these new gadgets will make you a better player.
Adrian Lewis 'ziriconium' darts,red dragon described fittons darts as having physical vapour deposition ? ok I must have a set then,all a load of bo11ocks.
That said people will buy what they want to buy and if it makes them feel superior on the oche having a set of cosmo shafts and push flights then let em get on with it,thats my input.
2013 PDC World championship prediction competition runner up.
2013 PDC players championship prediction champion.
Chizzyfan
County Player

Post by Chizzyfan »

I just use a cheap set of harrows, work fine for me.
Chizzyesque
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

I had the same experience with rings and springs, after robin hooding the rings a few times I stopped using them.
Whatever you use, I'd recommend looking into Trident 180s or Storm points, they really do extend the life of your flights. I prefer storm points, but when I first used tridents I wondered why a company that makes flights would sell something that makes them last 4x longer...

Another new option if you want to stay with nylon shafts and regular flights is the Whizlock. They work better on some shafts than others, but on the right shaft they do an excellent job preventing robinhoods. May not work on all flight shapes, I use standards but have been able to use them on pears too.

With storms and whizlocks I can use nylon shafts and whatever flights I want, no worries, less wear and tear.
A.Dev
Pub Champion

Post by A.Dev »

Any of you guys been using the Pro Grip stems ?
I'm finding the Winmau Rhino flights being very good, lasting ages.

Rave
Superleague Player

Post by Rave »

Does anyone know, did double top close down in bournemouth
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

From the internet site:
Bournemouth Shop
The Internet Site and the Bournemouth Shop have been run as seperate companies for a number of years.
The Internet Site is open for business 24*7 providing our customers with an excellent service and great products at great prices.
Pat and Yvonne who ran the Bournemouth Shop have retired, and therefore closed the Bournemouth Shop after many years of great service to their customers.
Good Luck Pat and Yvonne, we wish you all the best in your retirement.

Please call us on 05601 739009 if you have any questions. If you're calling from outside the United Kingdom the telephone number is +44 5601 739009. You can email us at enquiries@doubletopdartshop.com.

Thanks for visiting our Internet Site.