Used a product?
Won some darts?
Got some info on any darts equipment?

This is the place to put your reviews
devosteve
International

Anatasia Dobromyslova 24g black darts.

Post by devosteve »

Many thanks once again to all who are involved in promoting, running and providing the comps and their prizes. Honest review coming; hope it doesn't come over ungrateful or petty.

Up to now (in recent years, went over 20 yrs without playing darts) my two sets of darts I have used have been Harrows assassins and my current ones: graflites. Bought through the power of advertising in 'We Love darts magazine.' Oh the pain I feel when I think of my 'lost' subscription!

When I (or my wife to be precise) opened up these darts you could feel the quality of the product (in comparison to what I use). They looked very good and felt superb. Great product, well made. My next darts are very likely to be a Unicorn set after seeing/holding these.

Problem I had though: I couldn't insert the flights into the provided stems (black ones). Now I know this can happen to any but even using my method of inserting a old flight into the crosshairs of the stem to open it up somewhat, no joy. In fact one of the stems, I am sure, was completely closed: I could see daylight through say east to west but not north to south (hope this makes sense). maybe this is a school boy error by me and not the stems fault? Anyway I ended up ruining two of the Unicorn flights but did manage to get one into the stem the next day but still haven't used the other two stems.

I put some of my own stems on, so it wasn't a problem from a throwing aspect. Would have been a bit sad (not a major problem) if I had bought them as a pressie because with the black flights and stems they would have looked great but 1st use was with silver stems and Harrows flights. No big deal but would have been a bit frustrating in another context.

Anyway these were not meant for me so shortly (or in a few days anyway) Mrs Devo will give her review as to how she got on with these darts.

Cheers.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Mrs Devo
Feather Flights

Re: Anatasia Dobromyslova 24g black darts.

Post by Mrs Devo »

the darts looked really impressive, in their black slim line case and couldn't wait to get them set up. loved the texture and feel of them, although slightly lighter than what I'm used to. grip was superb. problem with stems and flights but used my own.

loved the feel and how they threw, but they would not stay in the board, much to my annoyance. Over 50% drop out. Thought the problem was the weight, but also the points were longer than my own and the barrels slimmer. tried throwing as hard as I could, they stuck in but my accuracy wasn't as good. (Devosteve threw them and was ok getting them to stick in the board). Also those that stuck in the board where hanging downward.

Devo Steve reckons the reason is because of the longer points and barrel (mine are 25g darts but mine have a chunkier barrel and shorter points). Is he right in this? If so I will have to buy darts that are overall shorter but the right weight for me. Got a new board will try again.

could tell the quality straight away. very sad we couldn't strike a partnership up, but very grateful for my gift, and the case is fab, and is used regularly.
Fred Raket
Steady Sixties

Re: Anatasia Dobromyslova 24g black darts.

Post by Fred Raket »

Any pics of your set-up Mrs Devo ?
Favorite player: Vincent van der Voort
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!