PDC England v Rest of the World (Ryder Cup style)

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
xtreme rebel
County Player

PDC England v Rest of the World (Ryder Cup style)

Post by xtreme rebel »

Would there be a demand for this and interest from TV and the public?

12 players each team. 2 sessions of doubles on a Friday, 2 sessions on a Saturday and 12 singles games on a Sunday.

Team England: Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Chisnall, Hamilton, Newton, Pipe, Painter, King, White, Baxter, Jenkins.

Team Rest of the World: MvG, Whitlock, Barney, Wright, Thornton, Huybrechts, Nicholson, Anderson, Dolan, Webster, Burnett, Part.

You can't have PDC v BDO as it would be too one sided. but the above teams look very balanced IMO.

Get someone to captain each side. Bristow is the obvious choice for England. England venue one year, outside England the following year and so on.

Sky seem to like these events -- Ryder Cup, Mosconi Cup and more recently Duel in the Pool (swimming).
irishdartsfan
Steady Sixties

Re: PDC England v Rest of the World (Ryder Cup style)

Post by irishdartsfan »

i'ld watch it anyway , obviously supporting rest of the world :-)
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Absolutely.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Boring
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Not a fan of 'team' darts.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

xtreme rebel wrote:Would there be a demand for this and interest from TV and the public?

12 players each team. 2 sessions of doubles on a Friday, 2 sessions on a Saturday and 12 singles games on a Sunday.

Team England: Taylor, Lewis, Wade, Chisnall, Hamilton, Newton, Pipe, Painter, King, White, Baxter, Jenkins.

Team Rest of the World: MvG, Whitlock, Barney, Wright, Thornton, Huybrechts, Nicholson, Anderson, Dolan, Webster, Burnett, Part.

You can't have PDC v BDO as it would be too one sided. but the above teams look very balanced IMO.

Get someone to captain each side. Bristow is the obvious choice for England. England venue one year, outside England the following year and so on.

Sky seem to like these events -- Ryder Cup, Mosconi Cup and more recently Duel in the Pool (swimming).
I don't think you give the PDC lads enough credit :D
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:Would there be a demand for this and interest from TV and the public?

I don't think you give the PDC lads enough credit :D
:DDD: :DDD: :DDD: Very Good and so true.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

i think a 6 a side top 5 ranked 1 wildcard each team England v Holland would be good the have 1 team match best of 25 legs 3 pairs and 6 singles

Taylor wade Lewis Hamilton Chisnall wildcard smith
barney mvg voort klaasen Gino Vos wildcard kist ( if he switches )
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

oche balboa wrote:Boring
Why ??? you will see the best players in the world playing, makes sense to me
Tristan
Superleague Player

Post by Tristan »

Dannyboy wrote:Not a fan of 'team' darts.
They should do it more, I would LOVE to see the world championship pairs back (where everyone can choose their own partner).
Welshwizard79
Superleague Player

Post by Welshwizard79 »

Sounds good idea
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

I reckon it would be good but the crowd could be a major issue, if it was I'm England for example the booing toward the rest of the world team would be awful, same if it was inScotland when England players would be throwing
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

hang the dj wrote:I reckon it would be good but the crowd could be a major issue, if it was I'm England for example the booing toward the rest of the world team would be awful, same if it was inScotland when England players would be throwing
Take the good with the bad. Thats what happens at a Ryder Cup.
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

xtreme rebel wrote:
hang the dj wrote:I reckon it would be good but the crowd could be a major issue, if it was I'm England for example the booing toward the rest of the world team would be awful, same if it was inScotland when England players would be throwing
Ryder cup fans aren't normally completely pissed up clowns who throw stuff at the players
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

hang the dj wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:
Ryder cup fans aren't normally completely pissed up clowns who throw stuff at the players
Oh i dunno, i had a big row with a few yanks at the Belfrey a few years back :D
"in the hole", f uck off
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Wally
The Ton Club

Post by Wally »

Idea in principle seems good. Can't say I've been a big fan of the World Cup so replace that in the schedule ?
Put Brother Huybrechts into ROW team in place of Part who could then captain and commentate ?