Stephen Bunting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Booji Boy
International

Stephen Bunting

Post by Booji Boy »

We'll done. Huge confidence booster. Could he be troubling the top ten in his first year?

I think he can.
DavidB
International

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by DavidB »

Same here - the guy is class!!! Well done. Now, is this a record for the PDC (player wins second entered ranked event?!)
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

Lets not get carried away, John Part won the first pro tour after his last world title, he barely won for the next 2 years. Lets get a bigger sample before making any statements.
Mack The Knife
hussybowler
Brass Darts

Post by hussybowler »

Col wrote:We'll done. Huge confidence booster. Could he be troubling the top ten in his first year?

I think he can.
I think top 16 but lets see how he does in the tv events, thats where the rankings really benefit. Got the game but a lot depends how the crowd take to him. It was only one match, cant read too much into it but he didnt do great in the uk open last year.
TheFlash
Superleague Player

Post by TheFlash »

Hopefully so, he's Target's best player :-)
Member of the Rune David fan club

Ex-president of the Matt Clarke Fanclub
Roderick Slyme
The Ton Club

Post by Roderick Slyme »

Nah, I think top ten is a little too optimistic at this stage. However, outside of the "big three", I think he's up there with the best of them, so I think he'll do well enough this year.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

When you can dominate the BDO.......................................you can dominate all.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Paddy McGinty wrote:When you can dominate the BDO.......................................you can dominate all.

Unless

your name is Olly Croft

and the all doesn't include anyone connected to the WDC aka PDC ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

el_ringo wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:When you can dominate the BDO.......................................you can dominate all.

Unless

your name is Olly Croft

and the all doesn't include anyone connected to the WDC aka PDC ;)
The proof is in the pudding Ringo...............................................ooooooooooooooohhhhh!! it taste so gooood!!

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Col wrote:We'll done. Huge confidence booster. Could he be troubling the top ten in his first year?

I think he can.
Do you really think he needed a confidence boost after Lakeside??? I think not ;-)
JFT97
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Bag Carrier wrote:

I think he can.
Do you really think he needed a confidence boost after Lakeside??? I think not ;-)
When will they learn :D
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Paddy McGinty wrote: The proof is in the pudding Ringo...............................................ooooooooooooooohhhhh!! it taste so gooood!!

Judging by whom they beat to reach the final surely this thread should be about Gilding ?

Lets not get too excited and see how things pan out in a proper seeded draw .....
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

To be fair that is pretty true...I have given the BDO some stick because they deserve it and there is no doubt the overall top level quality is a shadow of the past.....but there is no doubt that any player who can be so dominant in the BDO, wins numerous ranking events, way clear in the rankings, wins the Masters without dropping a set and then wins Lakeside is going to be a top PDC player...and Bunting was always going to be a top PDC player
The fact is that any player capable of being near the top of the BDO rankings is going to competitive in the PDC and anybody capable of dominating the BDO like Bunting is going to be a major threat in all events in the PDC
xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel »

Bunting interviewed live on Sky Sports News this morning from the venue in Wigan.
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

xtreme rebel wrote:Bunting interviewed live on Sky Sports News this morning from the venue in Wigan.
Did they know who he was?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

hang the dj wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:Bunting interviewed live on Sky Sports News this morning from the venue in Wigan.
Did they know who he was?
It was a great interview.
Mack
The Ton Club

Post by Mack »

el_ringo wrote:
Lets not get too excited and see how things pan out in a proper seeded draw .....
Quite the highest ranked player he beat was 19. Now don't get me wrong I expect him to be in the top 16 after 2 years, perhaps top 10 but top 10 in a year. Confidence is sky high now a couple of weekends where he losses first round and that take a hit. Might not happen but its too early to tell either way. Come June we will really know how well he is doing.
Mack The Knife
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Mack wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Quite the highest ranked player he beat was 19. Now don't get me wrong I expect him to be in the top 16 after 2 years, perhaps top 10 but top 10 in a year. Confidence is sky high now a couple of weekends where he losses first round and that take a hit. Might not happen but its too early to tell either way. Come June we will really know how well he is doing.

I would tend to agree with that to a degree...I remember Robert Thornton switching when on a high and quite quickly winning a double header of pro tours in one weekend ...confidence is a huge thing
However I think Bunting is the real deal..yes he will have some early losses, everybody has those..even MVG, Taylor and the rest...but he will have plenty of good runs as well and he is one of the major world players now and will be a great asset to PDC TV events
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I have a feeling that Bunty will mature very quickly and take some big scalps in the next few months
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Mack wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
Sorry I didn't realise that any PDC player ranked downwards of 19 was substandard, is it only the top 10 that are any good?