Stephen Bunting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: Stephen Bunting

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Justin Credible wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree Murphio.

Opinions are like arse holes, we've all got them but mine is tighter and firmer than most.

Oh speaking of arse holes here's Justin Credible

typical of what we have all come to expect from you
Humour and owning imbeciles?
UKDA 4 Life
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Pack it in you two, for crying out loud. We get it, you dont like each other.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Murphio wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Murphio wrote:
legend670 wrote:I'd say RVB and Hamilton are both better than Bunting...
I agree. Bunting is a smashing player and he has made a great start but let's see how he fares when he plays
the Wades, - WIN
the Barneys, - WIN
The Taylor's, - LOSE
The MVG's - LOSE
the Andersons - HAHAHA WIN
etc before we go pulling his chain. Top three in the world? Not a chance that can be stated at this juncture.
Amended
That is pure conjecture. He has the game to beat anyone in the world on a one-off basis but at this stage he hasn't done it - yet. Do the players mentioned above have the game to beat Bunting on a one-off basis? Of course they do. Let's see how Bunty fares before making daft, unsubstantiated statements. His win at the weekend was a great start but, even though he took some decent scalps, he won it by beating no one in the top 16. Thus far he has played four players who reside in the PDC top 16 - Wade, Van Gerwen, Wright and Hamilton - and lost all four.
Hes the reigning masters and lakeside champion, that my friend takes talent and courage regardless of what you think of the org he was playing in.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

I'm beginning to warm to Col. It's unsettling
UKDA 4 Life
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

Ginge wrote:Pack it in you two, for crying out loud. We get it, you dont like each other.

whats it got to do with you ?
Are you in charge or just annoyed darty is chasing me and you are not the subject of conversation.

If darty wants to continue following me around calling names, let him, if it dont bother me , why should it bother you ?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:
Col wrote:
Ginge wrote:
Col wrote:This is a darts forum ginge. we talk darts here. Darty knows that.
Indeed, I was just raising the point as how some results mean the world yet some mean nothing, depending on the players involved.
On current form and achievements Bunting is arguably the third best player in the world. I wouldnt put him there myself but I can see why people would.

only your opinion that very few would agree with.
winning Lakeside does not put you in the bracket of best players in the world,

If you are stating it because he won a single event over the weekend then again many players have won one of these events and still never made the top 16 let alone the top 3

Did you even bother to read the bit highlighted?

And do you honestly not think that Bunting is one of the best players in the world and by best that could mean top ten or sixteen or whatever.
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Col wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Murphio wrote:
legend670 wrote:I'd say RVB and Hamilton are both better than Bunting...
I agree. Bunting is a smashing player and he has made a great start but let's see how he fares when he plays
the Wades, - WIN
the Barneys, - WIN
The Taylor's, - LOSE
The MVG's - LOSE
the Andersons - HAHAHA WIN
etc before we go pulling his chain. Top three in the world? Not a chance that can be stated at this juncture.
Amended
That is pure conjecture. He has the game to beat anyone in the world on a one-off basis but at this stage he hasn't done it - yet. Do the players mentioned above have the game to beat Bunting on a one-off basis? Of course they do. Let's see how Bunty fares before making daft, unsubstantiated statements. His win at the weekend was a great start but, even though he took some decent scalps, he won it by beating no one in the top 16. Thus far he has played four players who reside in the PDC top 16 - Wade, Van Gerwen, Wright and Hamilton - and lost all four.
Hes the reigning masters and lakeside champion, that my friend takes talent and courage regardless of what you think of the org he was playing in.
Can you please point out where I have said Bunting is lacking in either talent or courage?
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

I think bunting is a decent player and is no doubt full of confidence at the moment

But he is not a top 3 player in the world, not even close.I have twice already mentioned why I believe so.
Give bunting a couple of months in the PDC where he will get some hammerings alonf the way and see how he responds when that confidence is tested., thats what separates the top players from the midcarders.

winning one weekend event on top of a stagnant bdo Lakeside title dont make any player a top 3 player.
Will he end up in the top 16 ? I think he might be around that mark, but not much higher .

Time will tell and judging him on one weekend in the pdc is too much too soon
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Murphio you seem to be basing your argument on the fact that he has been beaten once by Hamilton and the likes.

Bunting is a quality darts player. You cant base a judgement on a handful of PDC games, which is what you are doing. Or sorry, you are telling us all to wait and see. Well I dont need to wait and see, I already know he is world class based on his already significant achievements.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Justin Credible wrote:I think bunting is a decent player and is no doubt full of confidence at the moment

But he is not a top 3 player in the world, not even close.I have twice already mentioned why I believe so.
Give bunting a couple of months in the PDC where he will get some hammerings alonf the way and see how he responds when that confidence is tested., thats what separates the top players from the midcarders.

winning one weekend event on top of a stagnant bdo Lakeside title dont make any player a top 3 player.
Will he end up in the top 16 ? I think he might be around that mark, but not much higher .

Time will tell and judging him on one weekend in the pdc is too much too soon

So you agree with me then?

Read my posts in full in future please, so we can avoid unnecessary crap.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

only your opinion of course
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Well who bloody elses is it going to be, seeing as it me writing the posts.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is it James Wade?
Big Jock Knew
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

opinion in that , that is all it is, not fact
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

What?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Justin a beaten man. He'll be sloping off to put a pair of tits on a teenage spotter in a minute. To quote an old friend he's "a blusted fush"
UKDA 4 Life
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

I have hit him
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Col wrote:Murphio you seem to be basing your argument on the fact that he has been beaten once by Hamilton and the likes.

Bunting is a quality darts player. You cant base a judgement on a handful of PDC games, which is what you are doing. Or sorry, you are telling us all to wait and see. Well I dont need to wait and see, I already know he is world class based on his already significant achievements.
You are refuting things I never said. I never doubted the man has talent or courage. I also never said he wasnt world class. What I said is simply that there is insufficient evidence thus far to state that Bunting is a top three player in the world. I don't believe that he is - top 16 almost certainly but top three - ridiculous assertion at this stage. In actual fact I don't even believe Bunting is the best player in the organisation he just left.
Last edited by Murphio on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Murphio wrote:
Col wrote:Murphio you seem to be basing your argument on the fact that he has been beaten once by Hamilton and the likes.

You are refuting things I never said. I never doubted the man has talent or courage. I also never said he wasnt world class. What I said is simply that there is insufficient evidence thus far to state that Bunting in a top three player in world. I don't believe that he is - top 16 almost certainly but top three - ridiculous assertion at this stage. In actual fact I don't even believe Bunting is the best player in the organisation he just left.
Wowsers at that point. :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
Murphio
International

Post by Murphio »

Col wrote:
Murphio wrote:

You are refuting things I never said. I never doubted the man has talent or courage. I also never said he wasnt world class. What I said is simply that there is insufficient evidence thus far to state that Bunting in a top three player in world. I don't believe that he is - top 16 almost certainly but top three - ridiculous assertion at this stage. In actual fact I don't even believe Bunting is the best player in the organisation he just left.
Wowsers at that point. :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:
Both at the top of their game I take Scott Waites as a better player than Bunting all day long.