Where are all the boxing fans!?!?

Fergal
Steady Sixties

Re: Where are all the boxing fans!?!?

Post by Fergal »

Impressive performance from Amir, albeit against a hand-picked opponent who couldn't punch a dent into a bowl of mashed potatoes.

But Khan has clearly come a long way since the last time I saw him box on ITV. Roach has done a heck of a job.
Last edited by Fergal on Sun May 16, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

was a cracking performance , and yeah the difference in khans all round game since joinin freddie is amazing tbh - maggalini was hand picked yes but he's no mug . unsettled khan first couple of rounds but khan boxed clever stuck with the plan .... i guess roaches 25 world champion isnt a fluke lol
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Khan looked pretty good albeit against a hand picked opponent.

Be interesting to see him fight Maidana as from what I have seen he can bang a bit.

One thing is clear - Freddie Roach is a superb coach/trainer.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav »

Haye v Harrison..............are they having a laugh? :shock:

So Haye has proved plenty of times that he can talk the talk but after all of his boasts to liven up the heavyweight division we've been fed Valuev, Ruiz and now Audley?

I thought he was going to challenge the Klitschko brothers? He appears to me to be full of crap but i am sure that some misguided people will actually pay to watch this rubbish.

Everyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge knows that this pair should not be fighting for a heavyweight belt.
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

Just shows how bad the heavyweight division is right now when somebody like Harrison is getting a title shot
POWER 15...
Brass Darts

Post by POWER 15... »

Boxing has lost it now good fighters duck eachother all the time thats why I am starting to prefer MMA in the UFC one champion commonly known as the best know bullshit alphabet belt and the fact that MMA is all round such a tough sport you can have the best standup in the world but if you aaint got no ground game your fecked......
Boxing needs someone like this man again Sugar Ray Robinson the G.O.A.T P4P
Dart_talker
Feather Flights

Post by Dart_talker »

POWER 15... wrote:Boxing has lost it now good fighters duck eachother all the time thats why I am starting to prefer MMA in the UFC one champion commonly known as the best know worzel alphabet belt and the fact that MMA is all round such a tough sport you can have the best standup in the world but if you aaint got no ground game your fecked......
Boxing needs someone like this man again Sugar Ray Robinson the G.O.A.T P4P
Thanks for posting that video link. Robinson was one of the all time greats!

Now if only Floyd Mayweather would quit running scared and fight Manny Pacquiao. Don't think the Floyd could stand up to the relentless attack.
Dart_talker
Feather Flights

Post by Dart_talker »

top 10 greatest pound for pound boxers ever

[youtube][/youtube]
POWER 15...
Brass Darts

Post by POWER 15... »

My top four P4P would be 4.Roberto Duran at lightweight never lost almost unbeatable 3.Joe Louis ko power with either hand 2.Muhammed ali for what he has done for the sport to slightly overated but still pure class 1.nno doubt in this one ray robinson hands of louis speed of al granite chin G.O.A.T
Dart_talker
Feather Flights

Post by Dart_talker »

At times I wonder where Ali should be ranked, but never be out of the top 5.
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Dart_talker wrote:At times I wonder where Ali should be ranked, but never be out of the top 5.

Sports biggest icons enough for me.
Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav »

Vladamir Klitschko beating Samuel Peter is another reminder of how insignificant David Haye is. If you want to be a real heavyweight you have to get in there and fight the best. Haye continues to talk the talk and of course duck the best. Haye is smart. He gets people to believe that he is good and part with their hard earned dosh while fighting shot fighters and nobodies. Or is that what boxing is about these days.

Come on Audley. I won't be watching but please knock this bum out :)
Dart_talker
Feather Flights

Post by Dart_talker »

Sat Nav wrote: He gets people to believe that he is good and part with their hard earned dosh while fighting shot fighters and nobodies. Or is that what boxing is about these days.

Floyd Mayweather is working very hard at proving your point.
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Sat Nav wrote:Vladamir Klitschko beating Samuel Peter is another reminder of how insignificant David Haye is. If you want to be a real heavyweight you have to get in there and fight the best. Haye continues to talk the talk and of course duck the best. Haye is smart. He gets people to believe that he is good and part with their hard earned dosh while fighting shot fighters and nobodies. Or is that what boxing is about these days.

Come on Audley. I won't be watching but please knock this bum out :)
Watched the fight last night the Germans turned out in force again- another poor Championship fight the Heavyweight division has to be one of the poorest weights at the moment. Theres not many more fights outthere for the brothers.
nookie
Superleague Player

Post by nookie »

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav »

Sat Nav wrote:Haye v Harrison..............are they having a laugh? :shock:

So Haye has proved plenty of times that he can talk the talk but after all of his boasts to liven up the heavyweight division we've been fed Valuev, Ruiz and now Audley?

I thought he was going to challenge the Klitschko brothers? He appears to me to be full of crap but i am sure that some misguided people will actually pay to watch this rubbish.

Everyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge knows that this pair should not be fighting for a heavyweight belt.
I am not always right but sad to say i was spot on with that post from a couple of months ago. Misguided indeed.