TURKEY DARTS OPEN 2014

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

Re: TURKEY DARTS OPEN 2014

Post by WCDPA »

ChrisW wrote:Sounds like some fun was had in Turkey.
No Eurosport either, 77 men (17swedes) 23 ladies only paula,zoe and Rachel from top 20.
Minimum £500per person to attend this as must stay in venue hotel.
Personally I don't think A cats should be given where you have to stay at venue, but with only 100 attending and paying out 10k in singles ,I suppose you need hotel to sponsor prizefund .
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

ifm wrote:
Misbehaviour on the oche, i've seen it loads of times but appaerently there was some violence against Sam, not good at all.
Sam?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

WCDPA wrote:Just had email from Turkish darts org that this year's open will be an A cat event ! Great effort and better still finals day will be shown live on Eurpsport , well done Ali Bagci your hard work rewarded ;)
So what does your mate have to say about this?

Just as well it wasn't on Eurosport.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

MancheStar wrote:
ifm wrote:
Misbehaviour on the oche, i've seen it loads of times but appaerently there was some violence against Sam, not good at all.
Sam?

Sam Hewson

Was apparently verbally assaulted in the quarters and then physically in the semis , both by Turkish players and abused by the Turkish crowd...
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

trotter wrote:
MancheStar wrote:
ifm wrote:
Sam?

Sam Hewson

Was apparently verbally assaulted in the quarters and then physically in the semis , both by Turkish players and abused by the Turkish crowd...
That is disgusting what do you mean by physically abused in the semis? Walking into Sam etc?

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

From facebook and written by the Scropain apparently. Sounds a bit exaggerated to my ears.

It's now 00.45 in Kemer Turkey, we have just played the singles, Sam Sam Hewson played in the last 16, an absolute wonderful man who tried to cheat at every opportunity, every antic he cud do , he did, including actually talking to Sam while he was throwing, Sam eventually won, and the room full of Turkish was in uproar, they put in a complaint about Sam, and said he was a cheat, but cud not say how he cheated. About 30 mins later Sam had to play another Turkish man in the semi final, it was obvious from the start that this man was after SAMs blood, quite literally, after each and every time the Turkish guy took his darts out the board, he walked up the oche and actually shoulder barged Sam several times, and all the time he did this he was calling Sam disgusting names in Brocken English, at one point the man stepped back from the ache saveral paces until he found Sam's foot, then stamped on it, Sam pushed the guy off him, the guy then turned around and shoved Sam so hard he flew past the next boards oche, at that, every Turkish man in the place surround Sam, at the time I was supporting Paula playing her quarter finals, I rushed over to Sam as he left the building, lots of things happened over the next 30 mins, including a telephone call from myself to sue and Wayne Williams to complain about the way the category A Turkish open was being run, I told the organisers that this Turkish man should be disqualified from the event, but all the organiser ( john Williams ) would say was, Sam has to play or forfeit the last 8, even after Boeing assaulted twice on the oche,Those of you who know Sam, know that this severely upset him, and a win at this point was unlikely, Sam agreed to play under duress and the inevitable happened, Sam lost 4-2, the wonderful smelly Turkish man was then mobbed by every Turk in the room, it was like watching the final scene in rocky where they all get into the ring and lift rocky up above their heads, I really don't think I have witnesses anything as wonderful in my entire life, it's completely ruined a fantastic week, I will be putting a letter of complaint into the BDO and WDF first thing Monday morning, the entire incident was handled totally wrong. Des
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

If true that is shocking but I agree with Col it sounds really exaggerated.

masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman »

trotter wrote:
MancheStar wrote:
ifm wrote:
Sam?

Sam Hewson

Darts for all in the bdo family :D :omg:
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Just had email from Turkish darts org that this year's open will be an A cat event ! Great effort and better still finals day will be shown live on Eurpsport , well done Ali Bagci your hard work rewarded ;)
So what does your mate have to say about this?

Just as well it wasn't on Eurosport.

Haven't heard from Ali yet Dave but you know these Turks can be a tad temperamental at times ;)
If reports true weren't the only place where there was a bit of edge on the oche.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

How come is MF getting in on the game when things like this happen Paul?
Is he representing Sam?
Is Sam Hewson a member of IDPA?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

^^^^ what's this
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ChrisW wrote:How come is MF getting in on the game when things like this happen Paul?
Is he representing Sam?
Who knows who is a member of the IDPA ? Or who is on their unelected boar, perhaps the Turkish lad is a member or an invitee!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ChrisW wrote:How come is MF getting in on the game when things like this happen Paul?
Is he representing Sam?
Who knows who is a member of the IDPA ? Or who is on their unelected boar, perhaps the Turkish lad is a member or an invitee!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
Is he representing Sam?
Players need representation but one must ask if MF has enough respect/kudos left to be an effective advocate.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Is he representing Sam?
Players need representation but one must ask if MF has enough respect/kudos left to be an effective advocate.
He readily admits that he spends hours scanning social media and forums looking for naughty people lol.
Surely as CEO of the IDPA he shouldn't be commentating on social media to he has asked the Turks and organisers for their version of events.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Who is he edging back into BDO Darts again? the man is a fossil and the sooner he departs from darts the better it is for everyone including the IDPA
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

TURKISH OPEN 2014
SEMI-FINALS/FINALS ORDER OF PLAY

WOMEN'S PAIRS SEMI -FINALS
10.00am - Rachel Brooks/Paula Jacklin(22.77)4 v1 (17.12)Sennur Yasli/Ayca Ozmen
10.20am - Hanne Johnsen/Gaynor Williams(14.91)1 v4(22.77) Zoe Jones/Dawn Phillips

MEN'S PAIRS SEMI -FINALS
10.45am - M.Dacey/W.Davies(25.04)1 v5(27.46) M.Stocks/M.Phillips
11.10am - Cemal Gingi/Mgur Barani(22.69)3 v5(24.77) S.Hewson/W.Mandigers

WOMEN'S SINGLES SEMI -FINALS
11.30am Zoe Jones (England)(22.60) 4 - 1 Gaynor Williams (Wales) (21.63)
11.50am Paula Jacklin (England) (19.33) 0 - 4 Rachel Brooks (England) (20.88)

MEN'S SINGLES SEMI -FINALS
12.10pm Martin Phillips (Wales)(26.59) 5 - 2 Anders Astrom (Sweden) (22.73)
12.30pm Willem Mandigers (Netherlands) (23.78) 5 - 1 Umit Hygunsozlu (Turkey) (22.61)
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Perhaps for the better that those matches weren't televised...
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

14.91 average? Seriously???