Q School 2015

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Tony Collins
Feather Flights

Re: Q School 2015

Post by Tony Collins »

Is there any players going to it from the bdo or they waiting until after the lakeside
Underdog180
The Ton Club

Post by Underdog180 »

The more I think about it, the more I think this amendment from the PDC is a masterstroke. No need to try and tempt the top BDO names over in one go, but let them pay their entry fee and have a year on the Challenge Tour. When they see how well the weekends are run, you'd have to assume the majority of players would want more.

Personally, I'd be there like a shot. The only thing stopping me is the fact that I'm absolutely useless at the moment!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

So which current card holders need to go to Q School if they wish to continue in the PDC system?
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

spaceman70 wrote:So which current card holders need to go to Q School if they wish to continue in the PDC system?
I make it 35 players

Ryan de Vreede (can keep his card by reaching the 2nd round of the WC)
Steve West
Andy Jenkins
Peter Hudson
Nigel Heydon
Joe Murnan
James Hubbard
Kevin Dowling
Johnny Haines
Scott Rand
William O'Connor
Mareno Michels
Michael Barnard
Darren Johnson
Josh Payne
Magnus Caris
Gino Vos
Paul Amos
Chris Aubrey
Royden Lam
Jim Walker
Joey Palfreyman
Antonio Alcinas
James Richardson
Kirk Shepherd
Andree Welge
Campbell Jackson
Marc Dewsbury
Ken MacNeil
Dan Russell
Dennis Priestley
Jerry Hendriks
Denis Ovens
Steve Grubb
Martyn Turner

At risk: Colin Osborne (64th), Jarkko Komula (63rd) and Connie Finnan (62nd)

Meulenkamp, Hopp and De Vreede can overtake these three by reaching the 2nd round of the WC.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Many thanks ACF. ;)
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

armchairfan wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:So which current card holders need to go to Q School if they wish to continue in the PDC system?
I make it 35 players

Ryan de Vreede (can keep his card by reaching the 2nd round of the WC)
Steve West
Andy Jenkins
Peter Hudson
Nigel Heydon
Joe Murnan
James Hubbard
Kevin Dowling
Johnny Haines
Scott Rand
William O'Connor
Mareno Michels
Michael Barnard
Darren Johnson
Josh Payne
Magnus Caris
Gino Vos
Paul Amos
Chris Aubrey
Royden Lam
Jim Walker
Joey Palfreyman
Antonio Alcinas
James Richardson
Kirk Shepherd
Andree Welge
Campbell Jackson
Marc Dewsbury
Ken MacNeil
Dan Russell
Dennis Priestley
Jerry Hendriks
Denis Ovens
Steve Grubb
Martyn Turner

At risk: Colin Osborne (64th), Jarkko Komula (63rd) and Connie Finnan (62nd)

Meulenkamp, Hopp and De Vreede can overtake these three by reaching the 2nd round of the WC.
Are you sure joe Murnan should be there
armchairfan
County Player

Post by armchairfan »

Dicie wrote:Are you sure joe Murnan should be there
He won a 1-year card at this year's Q School and won't be in the top 64 after the WC.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

armchairfan wrote:
He won a 1-year card at this year's Q School and won't be in the top 64 after the WC.
Ah right sir, i just recall marking a game of his on the saturday and met him on the sunday in the bar and he said he had secured a card.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Dicie wrote:
armchairfan wrote:
Ah right sir, i just recall marking a game of his on the saturday and met him on the sunday in the bar and he said he had secured a card.

Yes, he was one of those that was at the end of a 2 year card and got another one so kept a full year's earnings on the OOM and took a 1 year card to add another year's earnings to that...they used to wipe all their earnings to zero and totally start from scratch for another 2 years...some gain from that I suppose, some don't.
Bram_1900
County Player

Post by Bram_1900 »

Surprised that Osborne can hold his tourcard. He lost nearly all his first round matches this year.
TheAsset
Feather Flights

Post by TheAsset »

Bram_1900 wrote:Surprised that Osborne can hold his tourcard. He lost nearly all his first round matches this year.
Had a decent 2013, second round at the WGP e.g
Big fan of: Paul Nicholson, Raymond van Barneveld, Vincent van der Voort, Terry Jenkins & Alan Norris
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

TheAsset wrote:
Bram_1900 wrote:Surprised that Osborne can hold his tourcard. He lost nearly all his first round matches this year.
Had a decent 2013, second round at the WGP e.g
That was in 2012.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Keep hearing that Fitton and O'Shea are definitely going to QS.........that would surprise me but it seems to have some legs.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

trotter wrote:Keep hearing that Fitton and O'Shea are definitely going to QS.........that would surprise me but it seems to have some legs.
Why wouldn't they when the combined actions of PDC/BDO have taken the risks out of it? If they go and qualify then fully in PDC, if the play but fail to qualify then Challenge Tour, UK Open qualifiers, potentially some PC weekends, and BDO tour. And if they just enter but don't play then Challenger Tour and BDO. If the counties approve the proposal, and it only restricts Tour Card holder, then happy days!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

trotter wrote:Keep hearing that Fitton and O'Shea are definitely going to QS.........that would surprise me but it seems to have some legs.
Why wouldn't they when the combined actions of PDC/BDO have taken the risks out of it? If they go and qualify then fully in PDC, if the play but fail to qualify then Challenge Tour, UK Open qualifiers, potentially some PC weekends, and BDO tour. And if they just enter but don't play then Challenger Tour and BDO. If the counties approve the proposal, and it only restricts Tour Card holder, then happy days!
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

So everyone that doesnt get a card is able to play in the following events:

All uk open qualys
All euro comp qualys
All challenge tour events
GSOD and Worlds Qualys

Thats a quite a few events is it not?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Addicks Fan wrote:

It's just that they have had chances to move and never did it, even when they were at their peak and the PDC wasn't as strong as today...they could have done it before QS.....neither are anti PDC though like a few top BDO players so politics definitely wouldn't stop them.
I think at their stage it would be a good move, regardless of the PDC/BDO actions ..both have good careers in exhibitions and that isn't going to be affected and both can still throw well and are more than capable of qualifying for Ally Pally and the UK Open at minimum and the pro tour format could suit both to be honest.
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Col wrote:So everyone that doesnt get a card is able to play in the following events:

All uk open qualys
All euro comp qualys
All challenge tour events
GSOD and Worlds Qualys

Thats a quite a few events is it not?
Plus if you're high enough on the missed out list you should be able to,play most, if not all main pro tour events..
When are the BDO deciding on this officially?.....Ross Montgomery is not happy about it at all and definitely sees it as an attack on the loyalty of top BDO players
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I hope they do go though with it
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

trotter wrote:Ross Montgomery is not happy about it at all and definitely sees it as an attack on the loyalty of top BDO players
Why is it? Surely the top players would still be at the top, regardless of their opposition, or don't they back themselves? Outside the bubble, does the viewer tuning in for the Lakeside once a year care of Joe Boggs turns up at every county fixture or whatever?