BDO AGM 02 Aug

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
keendartfan
Brass Darts

Re: Re:

Post by keendartfan »

WCDPA wrote:
Rout wrote:If Sue W hadn't attended she would have been torn to shreds.
was a very late decision to stand and even not being there he only failed by 5 votes , but bizarrely was BDO official of the year, I for one am glad he didn't get on and have told him that, a TT on the Board has to sign a non disclosure document , from the floor he can ask what he wants. Some cynics would say TT standing was a purely tactical move " I couldn't possibly comment on that " .
WTF? Are they not allowed to disclose anything discussed at board level? I can understand NDAs with regard to commercial contracts, but if it covers all board dealings then it stinks to high heaven.
Mark_G
Pub Champion

Post by Mark_G »

keendartfan wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Rout wrote:If Sue W hadn't attended she would have been torn to shreds.
was a very late decision to stand and even not being there he only failed by 5 votes , but bizarrely was BDO official of the year, I for one am glad he didn't get on and have told him that, a TT on the Board has to sign a non disclosure document , from the floor he can ask what he wants. Some cynics would say TT standing was a purely tactical move " I couldn't possibly comment on that " .
WTF? Are they not allowed to disclose anything discussed at board level? I can understand NDAs with regard to commercial contracts, but if it covers all board dealings then it stinks to high heaven.
The "Pro Tour Markers" had to sign a nondisclosure agreement (or something to that effect), even though they aren't employed by the PDC or PDPDA. Just get expenses. Normally you'd have to be paid a lot of money to agree not to disclose anything. Not those Pro Tour markers though.

The PDPA/PDC have some nerve asking people to do that, when they have given up their own time (and in some cases money) in order to do THEM a favour.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Mark_G wrote: The "Pro Tour Markers" had to sign a nondisclosure agreement (or something to that effect), even though they aren't employed by the PDC or PDPDA. Just get expenses. Normally you'd have to be paid a lot of money to agree not to disclose anything. Not those Pro Tour markers though.

The PDPA/PDC have some nerve asking people to do that, when they have given up their own time (and in some cases money) in order to do THEM a favour.
It's all about ego for the love of darts.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Mark_G wrote:The PDPA/PDC have some nerve asking people to do that, when they have given up their own time (and in some cases money) in order to do THEM a favour.
This kind of stuff keeps me awake at night.