BBC PDC Tickets Announced

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

BBC PDC Tickets Announced

Post by Ginge »

Announcements like this will never catch on...

TICKETS for the inaugural Champions League of Darts, to be held on September 24-25 at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, will go on Priority Sale on March 30 and on General Sale on April 2.

The Professional Darts Corporation will break new ground in September with its first tournament broadcast live on the BBC, with the Champions League of Darts set to feature the world's top eight players competing across two days in Cardiff.

Play will commence on Saturday September 24 as players compete once in each session on the day in their first two group games, with the eight stars - set to include world number one Michael van Gerwen, World Champion Gary Anderson and the legendary Phil Taylor - split into two groups of four.

Sunday afternoon will see the last group matches played as all eight players return to the stage, before the top two from each group progress to compete in the semi-finals and final on Sunday evening.

Tickets will go on Priority Sale on Wednesday March 30 to http://www.LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscribers who have an active Annual Subscription at 11.59pm on Monday March 28.

Tickets will be available by calling 029 20 22 44 88 or online via Ticketmaster - link will appear here in due course.

Tickets will then go on General Sale on Saturday April 2 from the Motorpoint Arena Box Office.

"Since we announced the Champions League of Darts, there has been huge interest from darts fans across the UK in seeing this unique tournament in September," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"The Motorpoint Arena is a wonderful venue for top-class darts and the two days of the Champions League of Darts promise to be full of great darts and exciting action."

Champions League of Darts Dates
Monday March 28 (11.59pm) - Cut-off to be a LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscriber for Priority Sales Period.
Wednesday March 30 (9am) - Priority Sales Period for LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscribers.
Saturday April 2 (9am) - General Sales commence

Tickets are limited to six per person per session.

A Family Enclosure will also be available in the Tiered Seating, which must include at least one under-16. Please specify this area when booking if required.

2016 Champions League of Darts
Saturday September 24
Afternoon Session (1pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £30
Rear Table Tickets £25
Tiered Seat Tickets £15

Evening Session (6.30pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £35
Rear Table Tickets £30
Tiered Seat Tickets £20

Sunday September 25
Afternoon Session (1pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £30
Rear Table Tickets £25
Tiered Seat Tickets £15

Evening Session (6.30pm)
Semi-Finals & Final
Front Table Tickets £35
Rear Table Tickets £30
Tiered Seat Tickets £20

Tickets may be subject to a booking/transaction fee and are sold subject to standard PDC Terms & Conditions, which can be seen at http://www.pdc.tv/tickets.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1h0quikt ... ts-tickets
Big Jock Knew
T14T11
Pub Champion

Re: BBC PDC Tickets Announced

Post by T14T11 »

What ticket do I need to buy to get the free calendar? And can I pay by PayPal?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

No goody bags or free bar though, which is a shame.
Big Jock Knew
GRAYISALEGEND
County Player

Post by GRAYISALEGEND »

Saturday afternoon again zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I'll be stayng in my armchair for this one as I do all tounrmanets
dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 »

best darts on the beeb
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

what the bet this the same old format best of 19 in round robin and semis final best of 21 hope they change it up
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Glorified exbo?

Same old faces unfortunately
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The pdc are amateurs, fancy announcing all the details months in advance and with everything confirmed.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Basgooner wrote:Glorified exbo?

This is the BBD tournament. Same old faces to us but not the extra 'millions' non SKY BBC watchers.
This is a very important shop window event for the PDC. Of course they are going to put their big names out to bat first.
Its the obvious thing to do.
Personally, then yeah, give me a mixture of old and new faces anytime but this is the right first step. and no, its not a 'glorified' exbo, it's just an exbo.
But a very lucritive one for all concerned!!!
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Think the PDC are just dipping there toe in the water can see the champions league of darts expanding once the BBC fans are blew away with the standard compared to lakeside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

I can think of some players who would kill for such a well-financed exbo, glorified or otherwise. Or any new tournament, really...
foggs3355
International

Post by foggs3355 »

MancheStar wrote:Think the PDC are just dipping there toe in the water can see the champions league of darts expanding once the BBC fans are blew away with the standard compared to lakeside.

yea i would make 3 days top 24 players 8 pools of 3 friday night 1st round of game sat afternoon evening nice and short best of 9 then sunday afternoon quaters but different format so best of 9 sets 3 legs quaters semis with final bets of 13
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

foggs3355 wrote:
MancheStar wrote:Think the PDC are just dipping there toe in the water can see the champions league of darts expanding once the BBC fans are blew away with the standard compared to lakeside.

yea i would make 3 days top 24 players 8 pools of 3 friday night 1st round of game sat afternoon evening nice and short best of 9 then sunday afternoon quaters but different format so best of 9 sets 3 legs quaters semis with final bets of 13
I was thinking it would be good as a ranked event based on the grand slam format top 16 order of merit and top 16 pro tour.

markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Broadcasters want the big names up against each other, and while it may be samey to us who watch everything, there's a brand new audience who, for whatever reason, only watch darts on the BBC, and will be exposed to the PDC product for the first time.

As a promoter, you'd be foolish to invent something full of people a casual fan would never have heard of, or in a format they won't recognise.
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

Basgooner wrote:Glorified exbo?

How many exbos pay £100,000 for the winner?
Dannyboy
International

Post by Dannyboy »

I think this also proves that it was the BBC who wanted early evening sessions. 1830 start - I suppose its a compromise.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Ginge wrote:Announcements like this will never catch on...

TICKETS for the inaugural Champions League of Darts, to be held on September 24-25 at the Motorpoint Arena in Cardiff, will go on Priority Sale on March 30 and on General Sale on April 2.

The Professional Darts Corporation will break new ground in September with its first tournament broadcast live on the BBC, with the Champions League of Darts set to feature the world's top eight players competing across two days in Cardiff.

Play will commence on Saturday September 24 as players compete once in each session on the day in their first two group games, with the eight stars - set to include world number one Michael van Gerwen, World Champion Gary Anderson and the legendary Phil Taylor - split into two groups of four.

Sunday afternoon will see the last group matches played as all eight players return to the stage, before the top two from each group progress to compete in the semi-finals and final on Sunday evening.

Tickets will go on Priority Sale on Wednesday March 30 to http://www.LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscribers who have an active Annual Subscription at 11.59pm on Monday March 28.

Tickets will be available by calling 029 20 22 44 88 or online via Ticketmaster - link will appear here in due course.

Tickets will then go on General Sale on Saturday April 2 from the Motorpoint Arena Box Office.

"Since we announced the Champions League of Darts, there has been huge interest from darts fans across the UK in seeing this unique tournament in September," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.

"The Motorpoint Arena is a wonderful venue for top-class darts and the two days of the Champions League of Darts promise to be full of great darts and exciting action."

Champions League of Darts Dates
Monday March 28 (11.59pm) - Cut-off to be a LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscriber for Priority Sales Period.
Wednesday March 30 (9am) - Priority Sales Period for LIVEPDC.TV Annual Subscribers.
Saturday April 2 (9am) - General Sales commence

Tickets are limited to six per person per session.

A Family Enclosure will also be available in the Tiered Seating, which must include at least one under-16. Please specify this area when booking if required.

2016 Champions League of Darts
Saturday September 24
Afternoon Session (1pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £30
Rear Table Tickets £25
Tiered Seat Tickets £15

Evening Session (6.30pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £35
Rear Table Tickets £30
Tiered Seat Tickets £20

Sunday September 25
Afternoon Session (1pm)
4x Group Games
Front Table Tickets £30
Rear Table Tickets £25
Tiered Seat Tickets £15

Evening Session (6.30pm)
Semi-Finals & Final
Front Table Tickets £35
Rear Table Tickets £30
Tiered Seat Tickets £20

Tickets may be subject to a booking/transaction fee and are sold subject to standard PDC Terms & Conditions, which can be seen at http://www.pdc.tv/tickets.

http://www.pdc.tv/news/article/1h0quikt ... ts-tickets

If those ticket prices were available in Oceania given the same players lining up, it would be a sell out every night. By Dart playing enthusiast's, not English Party drunks.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Tickets go on sale tomorrow for this, I assume they will be struggling to fill the venue so will offer free tickets and travel to the counties first.....
Big Jock Knew
Basgooner
County Player

Post by Basgooner »

Why would they offer to the Counties Ginge?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha