Wayne Williams

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
The Cat
International

Re: Wayne Williams

Post by The Cat »

I think people don't realise just how thick skinned/not bothered those who run BDO darts are.

I doubt this will cause a ripple nevermind a tidal wave.
dartsfacts
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfacts »

NewEra wrote:Wayne W and Sue G have to go!!! Resign, step down..
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

They won't resign, yet some people are backing them, because of the silly idea that Forums are wonderful
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

oche balboa wrote:They won't resign, yet some people are backing them, because of the silly idea that Forums are wonderful
I think they prefer back slapping to criticism. There's plenty of constructive criticism on forums, amongst the abuse and such, but even if it is constructive, they see it as an attack.
NewEra
Feather Flights

Post by NewEra »

It's Obvious the BDO wouldn't like forums, don't like the Internet full stop or anything that's modern technology.

Pen and paper, fax etc..

There's no school, like old school.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

The Cat wrote:I think people don't realise just how thick skinned/not bothered those who run BDO darts are.

If this were true they wouldn't be going round to forum admins doors and making threats.
TDSS
Steady Sixties

Post by TDSS »

oche balboa wrote:They won't resign, yet some people are backing them, because of the silly idea that Forums are wonderful
It's not that silly an idea as this thread is proving, but it's not an issue unique to darts forums. Some people abuse anonymity or think the internet is a place you can say absolutely anything and not suffer any consequences; and if they offend anyone they just say they're too sensitive or claim political correctness (anyone who complains about political correctness actually means they want to abuse anyone in anyway and get away with it)

WW, regardless of how understandable his actions were, simply cannot go around people's houses and not expect consequences, especially as the chairman of a business. But the BDO have never been one to worry about PR and the fact it's only on forums means nothing will come of this due to the siege mentality against forums currently in place. Plus the fact it's descended into forum rivalry with some wounds being reopened won't help.

Yes it's all very funny to mock MH but I was in his position once with a random stranger hammering on my door demanding me to open up. Surprisingly I didn't and simply called the police because the last time I did open the door to a stranger, turned out they had a knife and forced their way in!
Nothing to see here.....
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Rout wrote:This is all very intersting. A few observations from little old me. . .

1. My name has been mentioned a few times here in relation to comparing how the PDC/Hearn would never make threats as a result of stuff posted on forums and using me as an example as probably the biggest anti-PDC guy on these places. Well, on more than one occasion I have received threats from the PDC camp as a result of doublefinish or my comments. Theses might not have been on my front garden but to be honest I would have prefered that to what I got. Tommy Cox issued a not so thinly veiled threat from his little black control box at a floor event a number of years ago direct to my face. Telling me no matter what i believe, Hearn has the legal and financial power to beat any of us and we should remember that and consider what I post or allow to be posted. This was not the only occasion PDC bigwigs have threatened me with repurcussions of my own posts or posts on doublefinish.

2. The way peoples moral compasses change depending on the people involved is incredible. Some people involved in, or commenting on this, have reveled in the death of forum member(s) they have met and been civil to. They have posted addresses and even photographs of other peoples houses and shared them around like currency. They have talked about skull f*king other forum members dead grandmas. The list is endless. Yet when someone gets a bit irked by extreme content and challenges it face to face, they suddenly act like butter wouldn't melt. Absolutely unreal to read.

3. MH is a proven thief and a proven habitual liar. Well known for using this sort of material to (attempt to) increase traffic to his total sh1thole of a "forum", which was built on theft and lies and most of those he has conned through forums over the years have seen right through his bull. The thought of him cowering away in his house while an aged man awaits outside, after all his bravado over the years, is quite frankly, the funniest thing I have ever read on forums.

4. People clambering for resignations like angry season ticket holders who attend every home match, yet have little or no interest in the BDO, its players or its causes do make me chuckle.

5. None of the above means I believe WW has done the right thing by visiting forum owners houses. Ive never really thought the Williams are the right people for the job and the deluxe thing, with this and everything else only confirms this. However, I think it should be remembered that Nikki has stated at no point was there any physical threat perceived or physical threat made. So some of the hyperbole about the visits is a bit out of context. The way some are going on you'd think he had people strapped to a chair while he was phoning in demands. But again, this does not defend or justify the visit(s) or threat to Nikkis wifes business. Thats over the mark without doubt. But perhaps those who frequently overstep the mark on forums should put their hypocrisy away for a wee while.
I'm sure your usual four-word epithet would have saved me the time from reading that.
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Col wrote:
The Cat wrote:I think people don't realise just how thick skinned/not bothered those who run BDO darts are.

If this were true they wouldn't be going round to forum admins doors and making threats.
I mean the rest of the board/delegates.

Simply won't cause a ripple.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Nope DBG has even supported WW
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Cat wrote:
Col wrote:

I mean the rest of the board/delegates.

Simply won't cause a ripple.
Especially now they've played the abuse card.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Major C Fortescue wrote:WW is a Porth boy anyway - his address is freely available as a director using Google if anyone wants to return the visit
Is he? My mother lives there.

True story.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

From what I have been told. Legal actions will be taken against individuals.

Don't know whether to believe that or not or whether genuine stuff that has been posted is worthy of prosecution.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Well that's the first worried pm recieved :grin:
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

davcol wrote:Its obvious that the Williams couple are trying to shift the blame for the recent broken promises from themselves onto internet trolls. Thats their agenda. I doubt they really believe that a few unemployed alchoholics can scupper their new era pony but it suits their position to lay the blame there.
^^^^^

This.

They got into bed with the charlatan Warren Brown and despite it being obvious early on that these events were falling around their ears they persisted in dealing with him.

Two events went down the khazi and a 3rd switched venues at the last minute and confidence is so low in the BDO board and their ability to organise events that they may sell virtually no tickets for the WDT.

They then blamed about 150 people on darts forums for their own ineptitude and incompetence then compounded the situation by visiting forum mods in person and making veiled threats.

You could not make it up.

I know hundreds of people involved in darts on both sides of the divide. Aside from the those I've met through these forums I know 2 people who actually read and contribute to darts forums. In the great scheme of things darts forums are insignificant to the mass audience. The PDC know this and whilst they might not like some of the things posted, they know it won't affect the number of tickets they sell in Blackpool each year. Not one iota.

For the Williams's to blame forums is not just deflection, it's a downright untruth. Another excuse for their own incompetence and complete inability to admit that any of this debacle could be possibly down to them, when in fact they are completely to blame.

They need to go. Now.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

"My fecking eyes" etc.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

You wont catch too many with such poor bait.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

dartsfacts wrote:Des Paula Jacklin

You can only take so much , I've had about 20 screen shots from my mate, (taken of tsod), I cannot believe the grown men on there are as outraged as they seem to be, it's cowardly to 'gob off' as they do, and then 'cry' about it when someone's had enough, and takes action, they are all mouth and no action and this just proves it, I for one agree with what's happened, and it should happen more often, the only way to deal with these winkers, is 'head on'. So he's a BDO board official , that means it's open season all year round on him and his Mrs? Bollocks. 'Good on him' Des .
Well, there's a shock. The Jacklin corporation endorsing unacceptable behaviour and veiled threats
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

DavidOwen67 wrote:"My fecking eyes" etc.
Oh so you blame your eyes everytime you play darts crap , ive met many of your types in the distant past

and their excuses for playing poor as they aren't good wears thin after time :)
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

Astonvilla wrote:You wont catch me going back to Villa
How did yer team do this season then :grin:
Last edited by THE ONE AND ONLY on Mon May 02, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.