The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game!

This thread will be updated with the current tables and rules etc.

Prizes

The Top 3 will have the option of selecting a set of darts of their choosing from the Unicorn catalogue -(click here) :DDDD: :DDDD:
Thanks as always go to Unicorn for their generosity.

In addition, a randomly selected entry from the First Round thread, as long as they have predicted in all five rounds, or one of the three winners if they dont want a set of darts, will win a Unicorn Eclipse Pro dartboard - the true choice of the professional :DDDD: :DDDD:

The three winners will be given the option of what prize they want (either darts or a dartboard) and the Random Winner will win whatever prize is left!

What to do

Before each round I shall start a thread where I shall ask you to predict the SCORE of each match, as well as a few bonuses to mix it up a bit.

Scoring is as follows:

First Round - 2 points for correct result, 5 points for correct result AND score.
Second Round - 3 points for correct result, 7 points for correct result AND score
QF's - 6 points for correct result, 13 points for correct result AND score
SF's - 8 points for correct result, 17 points for correct result AND score
Final - 10 points for correct result, 21 points for correct result AND score

Bonuses will generally be 5 points each, although this will differ for the Final.

Be aware there is a short turnaround between each round ending and the next starting - so be aware of this when entering!!

In your prediction for the FIRST ROUND I shall ask you to specify a set of darts of your choosing from the Unicorn catalogue - (click here). Entries without this vital information may be ignored!!!

A template will follow soon.

Good luck!

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES - Start of play on the first Saturday (around ten minutes into the Sky broadcast)

Smallprint

The highest three scores will win the darts or the dartboard (their choice however only one dartboard is available), the prizes will be offered starting with the player in 1st place, then 2nd place, then 3rd place, and the Random Winner will win what is left.

If a tie, then bonuses will be disregarded and the player with the highest aggregate score across all five round excluding bonuses shall win. If still tied, the player(s) with the highest Finals Night score will win in the tie.
If still tied after this, then countback will take place, looking at who had the highest Semi Final night score, highest Quarter Final night score etc, until a tie can be split. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, a mini-prediction game involving The Pro Tour event on the Saturday after the final will be used to split it.

All entries need to have a dart code and weight as published on the Unicorn website. If an entry does not have this information than the prize will revert to fourth place and so on.

The decision of myself and the site moderators are final. I myself will not be claiming any prize, if I win a prize then it will revert to the next player in the table, or the random draw will be repeated.

The random draw will use the thread for the First Round and as a loyalty this can only be won by someone who has predicted in all five rounds. For the random draw, a password-protected spreadsheet shall be used (see post below). The same user cannot win the random draw and a prize by finishing in the top three. If the random draw selects them, it will be redrawn. The random winner will win whatever prize is remaining after the three winners have claimed their prize.

Entries made after the published deadline in each round may be accepted at my discretion, minus the bonuses and matches that have been played already.

All entries made by duplicate accounts, Stevie the Poet and Fluff will be disregarded.
Ginge
International

Re: The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

The Random Draw

The spreadsheet attached to this post has the numbers 1 through 200 in a random order (randomised by using the =RAND function), and is PASSWORD PROTECTED

I have attached it here and this post will not be edited from this point on (Thursday morning on the 13th July) as will be proven by the timestamp on this post.

The first valid number on the list that relates to an eligible entry in this thread will win whatever prize is left after the three winners have claimed their prize.

When I do the results I shall issue the password for this spreadsheet so it can be proven this has been performed fairly[/quote]
Attachments
Matchplay 2017 Random Number Spreadsheet.xlsx
(16.46 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Spreadsheet for the random draw now added.

I hasten to add I havent actually checked what prizes we have this year. If the opening post is incorrect may one of the Admin speak now.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Round 1 thread is up:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16958

There is no shame in predicting first....
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ive just been told via PM that apparently the "catalogue" I linked to on the Unicorn website is not up to date.

Therefore, you can provide the name of ANY set of darts on the Unicorn website, as long as the darts are still being made and there is a 5 digit product code to go along with it.

Cheers.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:Ive just been told via PM that apparently the "catalogue" I linked to on the Unicorn website is not up to date.

Therefore, you can provide the name of ANY set of darts on the Unicorn website, as long as the darts are still being made and there is a 5 digit product code to go along with it.

Cheers.
Updated the link for you Ginge, link is here: https://www.playwiththebest.com/darts/s ... darts.html

I noticed some products no longer carry a number code so I would imagine that just the item and weight would suffice
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Okey doke, ive updated the blurb as well.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Wonder if any winners will be emailing Unicorn this year in an attempt to swap them :DDD:
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Seeing as Ginge is running this I will enter him/it.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:
Ginge wrote:Ive just been told via PM that apparently the "catalogue" I linked to on the Unicorn website is not up to date.

Cheers.
Updated the link for you Ginge, link is here: https://www.playwiththebest.com/darts/s ... darts.html

I noticed some products no longer carry a number code so I would imagine that just the item and weight would suffice
Oh mY Fucking God. The price of (branded) Darts now is unbelievable!!!!!
I almost had a heart attack.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Cheers.

Oh mY fekkin God. The price of (branded) Darts now is unbelievable!!!!!
I almost had a heart attack.
You need to get out more :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Edward Lowy
Steady Sixties

Post by Edward Lowy »

nikkiboy wrote:

Cheers.

Thanks Nikki, all our websites - Unicorn Darts, Gunn & Moore Cricket, PowerGlide Cues, Molten balls - moving onto a new unified platform under a new umbrella portal http://www.playwiththebest.com

Kind regards

Edward
Managing Director
Unicorn Products Ltd
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Posted a tweet to promote the competition on our Twitter account. Hopefully will attract a few extra entries.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Ginge wrote:Round 1 thread is up:

Can't enter in the link.... Any idea how to do so please?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by Ginge »

BeppeBergomi wrote:

Oh for gods sake.
Big Jock Knew
BeppeBergomi
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Unicorn 2017 World Matchplay Prediction Game - HOMEPAGE

Post by BeppeBergomi »

Ginge wrote:
BeppeBergomi wrote:

Oh for gods sake.
Ok found it thanks

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well your entry is void anyway until you do it properly.
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Some people are truly thick.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Less than 40 entries so far, very disappointing.

Please remember to enter!

Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Reading the few posts before the last one, it's a real mystery as to why people aren't flocking to enter
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.