Mayweather vs McGregor

ssjsa
International

Mayweather vs McGregor

Post by ssjsa »

Is there anybody on the forum who will be paying £19.95 to watch this?

I wouldn't buy this for £4.99, and reading on Twitter that there are people out there who think Floyd can lose this fight.

For me this is a total mismatch, and when you have had some of the pound for pound best boxers on the planet being completely outclassed by Mayweather, how can anyone believe that Conor has a hope in hell.

Think this will be a 1 round match and McGregor will be knocked sparked out the first time Floyd lands a punch.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
The Crusader
International

Re: Mayweather vs McGregor

Post by The Crusader »

No I wont pay. Dont really care about it tbh. It's like Man Utd playing St Helens rugby team.

Simply a huge pay day for both.
Thinking of one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Crusader wrote:No I wont pay. Dont really care about it tbh. It's like Man Utd playing St Helens rugby team.

Simply a huge pay day for both.
Pretty good analogy Carl. :grin:

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I don't care either. Its just like when Taylor didn't care when said he was going to donate his nine dart money to charity in 2002 and then he never bothered.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Mayweather wins on points. McGregor loses no credibility because he's took the best boxer of a generation to points and he's not even a boxer. Lots of people make lots of money from morons.

I'll watch it but the "hype" is embarrasing and it shows how grim the state of one of my favourite sports is.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Mayweather vs McGregor

Post by Skewball »

Rout wrote:Mayweather wins on points. McGregor loses no credibility because he's took the best boxer of a generation to points and he's not even a boxer. Lots of people make lots of money from morons.

I'll watch it but the "hype" is embarrasing and it shows how grim the state of one of my favourite sports is.
Whilst sadly I agree that this outcome would suit every one and I would not put it past them to quietly agree to do this, it would ultimately be dangerous for Mayweather to let the fight to on long as Conor will always have a punchers chance, even if it's very unlikely he could get past the Mayweather legendary defence.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Skewball wrote:
Rout wrote:Mayweather wins on points. McGregor loses no credibility because he's took the best boxer of a generation to points and he's not even a boxer. Lots of people make lots of money from morons.

Whilst sadly I agree that this outcome would suit every one and I would not put it past them to quietly agree to do this, it would ultimately be dangerous for Mayweather to let the fight to on long as Conor will always have a punchers chance, even if it's very unlikely he could get past the Mayweather legendary defence.
Boxing will eventually end up in a worse state than FIFA currently is. At some point in the future, all the corruption and greed will eventually out and it will trigger criminal investigations etc. . . .

Can't come soon enough.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Flagellum Dei
Steady Sixties

Post by Flagellum Dei »

I know he won't win, but I do hope that McGreggor nails Mayrunner
FW 180
Feather Flights

Post by FW 180 »

McGreggor isn't good enough to win a British Area title never mind the best pound for pound boxer of a generation.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

FW 180 wrote:McGreggor isn't good enough to win a British Area title never mind the best pound for pound boxer of a generation.
Is that you furious?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
FW 180
Feather Flights

Post by FW 180 »

Rout wrote:
FW 180 wrote:McGreggor isn't good enough to win a British Area title never mind the best pound for pound boxer of a generation.
Is that you furious?
Aye mate...
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Hope you are well
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
FW 180
Feather Flights

Post by FW 180 »

Rout wrote:Hope you are well
All good here, same to you.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Flagellum Dei wrote:I know he won't win, but I do hope that McGreggor nails Mayrunner
Just hope that Mayweather doesn't carry McGregor for value purposes. Personally think if Mayweather decides to go after McGregor it will be over in Round 1.