Steve Maish jailed for 2 years

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: Steve Maish jailed for 2 years

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Looks like it's tied to a company called IPP Properties(Bootle) Limited who do management of real estate on a fee or contract basis.

http://www.ukcompanieslegal.com/ipp-pro ... ited-kzsz/
Had noticed that pop up on Google, I think the case law database thing at the bottom isnt linked to the company name at the top. None of the defendants have ever been a director of IPP.

What I have been told is that all defendants except one pleaded guilty including Maish, although how true that is I dont know.

Given the number of people involved and the sentences, wouldnt be surprised if it ends up on here once the trial of the one who pleaded not guilty has been dealt with:

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/uk/hm-revenue ... atest_news
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Just to clarify (and if I've missed the explanation, I apologise) - a no costs order means that the defendant won't have to pay any of the costs in relation to the prosecution's legal fees (solicitor costs, barrister fees and other disbursements for example).
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Si Robin wrote:Just to clarify (and if I've missed the explanation, I apologise) - a no costs order means that the defendant won't have to pay any of the costs in relation to the prosecution's legal fees (solicitor costs, barrister fees and other disbursements for example).
Why would this be done? He received a custodial sentence and pleaded guilty (awaiting 100% confirmation of that final bit though), would it be because they have assessed his finances and decided he cant afford it?
Big Jock Knew
Si Robin
Pub Champion

Post by Si Robin »

Sometimes it's just a judge's decision.

I only really know it from a civil matter as I work in insurance fraud., and that tends to be dealt with on the balance of probabilities rather than having to prove beyond reasonable doubt. The majority of the time in my cases, costs aren't awarded because whilst one person is more likely to be found against, there's not enough to make them pay the costs.

Things such as financial position are taken into account, but usually only by those awarded in favour of - I've got a current case where we are looking to apply for a costs order, but more to stop the guy committing fraud again in future than with any actual hope of getting any money out of him.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Hey Whinge, you have stated this was for VAT fraud, is that confirmed?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:Hey Whinge, you have stated this was for VAT fraud, is that confirmed?
Not yet, the only bit I havent managed to get 100% confirmation on. Surprised with the sentences being as long as they are it hasnt made the news anywhere yet.

Spacey seemed to know about it from 6 years back, he would have pooh-poohed the suggestion it was VAT fraud if it was wrong, surely?
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ifm wrote:Hey Whinge, you have stated this was for VAT fraud, is that confirmed?
Not yet, the only bit I havent managed to get 100% confirmation on. Surprised with the sentences being as long as they are it hasnt made the news anywhere yet.

Spacey seemed to know about it from 6 years back, he would have pooh-poohed the suggestion it was VAT fraud if it was wrong, surely?
I wonder if this is the reason you can't pay your money and just play challenge tour anymore.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Danny Weidner was his sponsor BTW.

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:Danny Weidner was his sponsor BTW.
It's not beyond the realms of possibility that part of his sponsorship were shares in the company and then as a shareholder he'd be on the hook.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:Danny Weidner was his sponsor BTW.
Judging by a post I found on here, he was also a manager of the Southend Superleague team or had some involvement with them, when Maish was playing for them.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I see Steves offspring on df giving the members some stick.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:I see Steves offspring on df giving the members some stick.
She did not like that a dart forum should mention a dart player that has appeared on tv has got prison.
Seems mentioning he was locked up means people are internet warriors who dont know the facts.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Yes and Garry calls her a c***, maybe he meant the BDO.....

Madsocks
Little Lonely Garry
International

ifm wrote:

more lies from the king of lies and delusion.

show me where i called her that
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

ifm wrote:
Did this happen?
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Garry Murphy wrote:
ifm wrote:

I have no idea nor do I care.

I am referring to the c*** who says lies were spouted.
It was a fact he was in court, charged and found guilty by the court.
These things happened.

If he is eventually found to be innocent and released that then will be a fact. I am still waiting to hear what said on here is not fact

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

BlueSpark wrote:
ifm wrote:
Did this happen?
He will claim he meant someone else though.

Madsocks
Little Lonely Garry
International

ifm wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
ifm wrote:

I have no idea nor do I care.

I am referring to the c*** who says lies were spouted.
It was a fact he was in court, charged and found guilty by the court.
These things happened.

If he is eventually found to be innocent and released that then will be a fact. I am still waiting to hear what said on here is not fact

ha !. Guess I use that word too often. :DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

The funniest part was her saying because he was someones dad grandad etc it meant we could not comment on him going to prison.

If we stopped talking about everyone that was a father, grandparent, brother etc, we would have no one to speak about