Rileys UK Open Qualifier Nottingham

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

Rileys UK Open Qualifier Nottingham

Post by Maverick »

I WON IT!!!!!

Absolutely chuffed to bits, such a long day just on the way home but i’m At minehead 10 years after being at Bolton!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Skewball
International

Re: Rileys UK Open Qualifier Nottingham

Post by Skewball »

Impressive !!
Well done !
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Maverick wrote:I WON IT!!!!!

Absolutely chuffed to bits, such a long day just on the way home but i’m At minehead 10 years after being at Bolton!!
Top stuff :DDDD: :DDDD:
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Congratulations!! Quite a field to come through as well. Many close matches or did you tear all of your opponents a new one? ;)
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Think it was destined to be first round James Thompson had darts , then cruised through to the semis when Graham Usher missed darts to win then in the final 4-2 down to Daz weaver he had a couple of darts to win 5-3 , but missed and I squared it 4 each, last leg he hit 134 to leave 56 and I took out 126 on the bull to win it.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Well done sir!

This is meant with no disrespect but who are you?
UKDA 4 Life
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Tony Mitchell , I qualified from Batley in 2008. Retired in 2013 after losing my mam then it’s been a long road back to some form, struggled with diabetes and high BP so to be able to qualify again is the best feeling ever.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Maverick wrote:Think it was destined to be first round James Thompson had darts , then cruised through to the semis when Graham Usher missed darts to win then in the final 4-2 down to Daz weaver he had a couple of darts to win 5-3 , but missed and I squared it 4 each, last leg he hit 134 to leave 56 and I took out 126 on the bull to win it.
Sounds like a great day of darts. Hope you do well in Minehead!
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Mgt wrote:
Maverick wrote:Think it was destined to be first round James Thompson had darts , then cruised through to the semis when Graham Usher missed darts to win then in the final 4-2 down to Daz weaver he had a couple of darts to win 5-3 , but missed and I squared it 4 each, last leg he hit 134 to leave 56 and I took out 126 on the bull to win it.
Made round 2 last time , target this time is to try make the money rounds.

But, just gonna enjoy it and see what happens.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

Maverick wrote:
Mgt wrote:
Made round 2 last time , target this time is to try make the money rounds.

But, just gonna enjoy it and see what happens.
I've always found it a bit odd that this is the only mayor where you don't get a payday for qualifying. Hope they change that in the future.
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

Well done, enjoy the FA Cup of darts.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Well done Tony great stuff pal
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

No idea what happens this time, with blue square they paid hotel , loads of freebies and few shirts! I know it’s changed, can any other recent Rileys qualifiers let me know , do I have to stay on site , is accom provided or do I need to book it etc..... thanks n advance.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

nikkiboy wrote:

Thanks mate , it was bloody long day for an ageing diabetic fat guy !
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Thanks mate , it was bloody long day for an ageing diabetic fat guy !
waiting til 11am for my morning coffee is a long day for this ageing diabetic fat guy :)
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Rileys UK Open Qualifier Nottingham

Post by ifm »

Maverick wrote:No idea what happens this time, with blue square they paid hotel , loads of freebies and few shirts! I know it’s changed, can any other recent Rileys qualifiers let me know , do I have to stay on site , is accom provided or do I need to book it etc..... thanks n advance.
Firstly massive congratulations, I genuinely think these are harder to get through than the pro tour ones.
I was there a couple of years ago and you literally get a shirt on the day, that's it, nothing else.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Oh and no need to stay on site.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Maverick wrote:No idea what happens this time, with blue square they paid hotel , loads of freebies and few shirts! I know it’s changed, can any other recent Rileys qualifiers let me know , do I have to stay on site , is accom provided or do I need to book it etc..... thanks n advance.
There is a page on the Rileys website that goes into detail. Have to be there by 11? on the Friday morning, you have to sort your own travel and accommodation out and you can't take anyone under 18 with you. You will also be provided with a shirt.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
There is a page on the Rileys website that goes into detail. Have to be there by 11? on the Friday morning, you have to sort your own travel and accommodation out and you can't take anyone under 18 with you. You will also be provided with a shirt.
You'd think that they would sort out a room for those who qualified via Rileys
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Kind of figured that, the glory days of blue square picking up the tab are gone lol