Adie Lewis DRA ban

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Adie Lewis DRA ban

Post by MancheStar »

THE Darts Regulation Authority has issued the following statement on Thursday February 8:

On Wednesday February 7, the DRA Disciplinary Committee heard the case of Adrian Lewis concerning the incidents in his match with Jose Perales on Friday February 2 2018.

Mr Lewis has been suspended since the incident.

He admitted breaching the DRA Rules and received a three month suspension from competing which is suspended for six months.

He was also fined £3,000.
ssjsa
International

Re: Adie Lewis DRA ban

Post by ssjsa »

ADRIAN LEWIS has issued the following statement on Thursday February 8, further to the incident which occurred in Coral UK Open Qualifier One on Friday February 2.

Adrian Lewis said:
I am now in a position to issue a statement as the due process has taken place and the Darts Regulation Authority have had their hearing.

I deeply regret that my frustrations got the better of me as I felt that my opponent was trying to provoke me.

I realise now that I should have reported any problems to Tournament Officials instead of confronting Jose Antonio Justicia Perales after the match.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies to the PDC, the sponsors of the event Coral, my own sponsors who I thank for their loyalty and support, my manager, darts fans and finally my family.

I would like to say a big thank you for all of the kind messages sent to me from all over the World, and now I just want to put this all behind me and concentrate of playing the game I love and trying to make my way back to the top.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

So he plead guilty and still blames Perales?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Cover up, suspended sentence how tragic..........
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Back to the top? Got a long way to go there my son.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

BlueSpark wrote:Back to the top? Got a long way to go there my son.
He was a great player before he started thinking.....
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Shouldnt have been a suspended ban, IMO.
Big Jock Knew
MancheStar
Superleague Player

Post by MancheStar »

Should have been banned for 3 months and lesson still not learnt as no apology to Perales.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

He confronted him during and after the match.

No apology to Perales from Lewis.
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

So does this mean an instant 3 month ban if he's in any further trouble (for any incident) with the dra over the next 6 months?

He's got a bit of a target on his back now, all his opponents have to do is laugh and smile at him.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

why should he apologise to perales if he thinks the guy was out of order? he obviously has told his side to the story to the PDC. he admits he should have gone to the officials not taken the action he did. Would be interesting to hear Perales' side (if he is allowed to?).

For me the punishment seems fair. The fine and suspended sentence is a good balance.

very professional way of doing things by the DRA.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Canuck_bully wrote:So does this mean an instant 3 month ban if he's in any further trouble (for any incident) with the dra over the next 6 months?

He's got a bit of a target on his back now, all his opponents have to do is laugh and smile at him.
Don't think so. darts is a different world these days. If a player tries to wind up Lewis it could back fire on himself if the PDC/DRA become aware of it.

The days of Jocky Wilson kicking Bristow on the shin or blowing smoke in his face have well gone.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:
Canuck_bully wrote:So does this mean an instant 3 month ban if he's in any further trouble (for any incident) with the dra over the next 6 months?

Don't think so. darts is a different world these days. If a player tries to wind up Lewis it could back fire on himself if the PDC/DRA become aware of it.

The days of Jocky Wilson kicking Bristow on the shin or blowing smoke in his face have well gone.
Bloody haven't, look at Mitchell and Pipe only got pulled because of tv though i think Justin is genuine and wouldn't have done that intentionally.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Whatever the punishment dished out, people would moan it was too lenient or not heavy enough.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Just out of curiosity how much extra did he pick up for winning the match?

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

markymark wrote:Whatever the punishment dished out, people would moan it was too lenient or not heavy enough.
Well yeah, there are people on fb comparing it against other dra punishments that have received harsher for seemingly lesser offenses, trouble is those are just lines on a page this people saw and judge the severity themselves with nothing to compare against.

Madsocks
Minty26
Brass Darts

Post by Minty26 »

I think this is a good result for all.
The little bollox was laughing and looking awful smug.
Deserved a few words from Lewis, although he shouldnt have put his hands on him.
I like how Adrian has not bowed to public pressure and not apologised to the player.
Good stuff.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Adie Lewis DRA ban

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:Just out of curiosity how much extra did he pick up for winning the match?
Was on £2000 before the match, and £2500 when he won it. He then lost in the SF.

So he has lost the lot from the day, with an extra £500 to boot (£575 if you want to be pedantic and take the PDPA levy into account)
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Minty26 wrote:I think this is a good result for all.
The little bollox was laughing and looking awful smug.
Deserved a few words from Lewis, although he shouldnt have put his hands on him.
I like how Adrian has not bowed to public pressure and not apologised to the player.
Good stuff.
An apology draws a line under it.

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Joke of a decision.

The issues were clearly around the squeeking floor. Lewis thought that Perales was trying to use gamesmanship.

This truth will be borne out when perales is not fined for gamesmanship.