Wolfie on health, "proper darts"

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
markymark
County Player

Wolfie on health, "proper darts"

Post by markymark »

Long piece with Martin Adams on The Guardian site today. Fans of Lakeside being "proper darts" in for a treat.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... cer-health
Ginge
International

Re: Wolfie on health, "proper darts"

Post by Ginge »

Moaning about the ticket prices "over the road", he clearly doesnt know how much Potter is charging these days then....
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Good interview.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Great interview

You can see what Bradders is more bothered about
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Yes: for you to get to a bank by Wednesday.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Wolfie contradicts himself in every interview he does, just comes across as bitter when mentioning PDC darts events.

Nice to see his health is better.
Though tomatoes are easy to grow massive no chance of some good Parsnips for Wolfie....;)
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Wolfie contradicts himself in every interview he does, just comes across as bitter when mentioning PDC darts events.
Oche, another one for you here.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Ginge wrote:
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:Wolfie contradicts himself in every interview he does, just comes across as bitter when mentioning PDC darts events.
Oche, another one for you here.
If he uses his usual vocabulary then the post will be edited :DDD:
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

yes, bitter as hell but quick enough to take the pdc coin when it suited
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

It's a good interview as far as promoting prostate cancer awareness...and that was the point of the interview so fair play there...

As far as the darts comments are concerned..typical Adams shite...just accept he stayed because he was well sponsored and was the biggest name and had a great chance of major titles and a BDO legacy....nothing wrong with that..it's worked out well for him....just keep the PDC bitterness to himself....it's like a Rochdale fan paying a tenner to watch Rochdale saying I don't get why them lot up the road pay fifty quid to watch football at Old Trafford......it's a pointless argument and makes him look a bit stupid
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Wolfie on health, "proper darts"

Post by Ginge »

trotter wrote:It's a good interview as far as promoting prostate cancer awareness...and that was the point of the interview so fair play there...

As far as the darts comments are concerned..typical Adams shite...just accept he stayed because he was well sponsored and was the biggest name and had a great chance of major titles and a BDO legacy....nothing wrong with that..it's worked out well for him....just keep the PDC bitterness to himself....it's like a Rochdale fan paying a tenner to watch Rochdale saying I don't get why them lot up the road pay fifty quid to watch football at Old Trafford......it's a pointless argument and makes him look a bit stupid
Was £20 to get into Rochdale last time I went and that was a bog standard league match against Port Vale ;)
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

2 parts to that interview : the health part. Good honest stuff.

The darts part: he comes over quite pathetic. The true all daters see through all the proper darts stuff he goes on about.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ginge: are you from Rochdale (as rout is)?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:2 parts to that interview : the health part. Good honest stuff.

The darts part: he comes over quite pathetic. The true all daters see through all the proper darts stuff he goes on about.
How can you disagree?
The crowds at PDC events are mostly there for a pissup and as Mardle proved don't even know who's playing.
It fills the coffers so fair enough but his point is correct.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

I agree with the post above
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Wolfie on health, "proper darts"

Post by Ginge »

devosteve wrote:Ginge: are you from Rochdale (as rout is)?
I'm actually from there. Rout merely moved there at some point.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

ifm wrote:

How can you disagree?
The crowds at PDC events are mostly there for a pissup and as Mardle proved don't even know who's playing.
But sport moves on..it's a different era now..not many T20 cricket fans would watch a 4 day match..or probably a Test match...but cricket would be a mess without T20...and a lot of people are there to make snakes from pint glasses and bat beach balls around....not proper cricket fans as the old duffers would say....time moves on...my kids take the mickey out of the BDO darts when it's on because of the crowd and the atmosphere....you've got to appeal to the younger generation now in everything to prosper
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

trotter wrote:
ifm wrote:

How can you disagree?
But sport moves on..it's a different era now..not many T20 cricket fans would watch a 4 day match..or probably a Test match...but cricket would be a mess without T20...and a lot of people are there to make snakes from pint glasses and bat beach balls around....not proper cricket fans as the old duffers would say....time moves on...my kids take the mickey out of the BDO darts when it's on because of the crowd and the atmosphere....you've got to appeal to the younger generation now in everything to prosper
Which has absolutely nothing to do with my post.

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Watching the darts at Lakeside a much more pleasant experience than some of the PDC events I have attended.
Quite a lot of them in fact.
There, I said it....
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Great interview and tbh I see nothing wrong with his comments about ally pally, he's right. As for the greatest well that is a matter of opinion isn't it, he thinks Bristow and it's hard to take players in different eras and compare the although Taylor gets my vote.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am