BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
WCDPA
International

BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Post by WCDPA »

Well looks like April 29th is decision day in BDO with vote of no confidence in the present regime , seems a shame not heard on April 1st where top players in our system could have had a say , I understand statements from players will be read out as they will be at BDO and Finders double header in Denmark , myself would like to be at meeting but I have paid flight and accomadation in Denmark , I hope delegates say at the meeting what they have been saying in private , each delegate should vote for what's best for their county and the benefit of the BDO .
ifm
International

Re: BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:Well looks like April 29th is decision day in BDO with vote of no confidence in the present regime , seems a shame not heard on April 1st where top players in our system could have had a say , I understand statements from players will be read out as they will be at BDO and Finders double header in Denmark , myself would like to be at meeting but I have paid flight and accomadation in Denmark , I hope delegates say at the meeting what they have been saying in private , each delegate should vote for what's best for their county and the benefit of the BDO .
So any player can have a statement read out?
Could be a long day.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Don't see why the top players need to have statements read out, the BDO is bigger than just the top players and the reps should be voting on behalf of ALL their county players and members.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Ginge wrote:Don't see why the top players need to have statements read out, the BDO is bigger than just the top players and the reps should be voting on behalf of ALL their county players and members.
It's a tricky decision the running of BICC isn't really questioned , its the Enterprises side of the game in question , and this is where it gets confusing , at AGM it was said delegates don't have a vote in what happens in Enterprises , but can vote in or out directors who run Enterprises which is as secretive as the masons !
So as it stands at present you vote in directors almost blind ! As the running of Enterprises enables the board to answer as little as they want under the NDA excuse .
Think it could well be a fiery meet .
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:Well looks like April 29th is decision day in BDO with vote of no confidence in the present regime , seems a shame not heard on April 1st where top players in our system could have had a say , I understand statements from players will be read out as they will be at BDO and Finders double header in Denmark , myself would like to be at meeting but I have paid flight and accomadation in Denmark , I hope delegates say at the meeting what they have been saying in private , each delegate should vote for what's best for their county and the benefit of the BDO .
Could be a long day.
Technically yes , it's whether you are confident of your delegate voting as the majority of your members request , or will the old pals act come into play , I anticipate this being the longest meeting in history .
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
Could be a long day.
Technically yes , it's whether you are confident of your delegate voting as the majority of your members request , or will the old pals act come into play , I anticipate this being the longest meeting in history .
So you are saying some players want to have a statement read out because they don't trust their delegates?
If that's the case they should do something about the delegate and stop whining.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paul just a thought : if you have already paid for flights and accommodation I guess you can't get your money back. So why not go to the meeting anyway? Unless you have paid for your meals as well.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Astonvilla
Superleague Player

Post by Astonvilla »

April 1st would have been the appropriate day for sure.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

devosteve wrote:Paul just a thought : if you have already paid for flights and accommodation I guess you can't get your money back. So why not go to the meeting anyway? Unless you have paid for your meals as well.

Unlike IFM who spouts off on all things BDO yet doesn't do anything constructive ! and he has the IFM 1001 reasons not to attend a meeting , I will probably be at the meeting and lose my hard earned money on flights etc . :fishing
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

ifm wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
ifm wrote:
Could be a long day.
So you are saying some players want to have a statement read out because they don't trust their delegates?
If that's the case they should do something about the delegate and stop whining.
100% agree see you there :)
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

WCDPA wrote:
Ginge wrote:Don't see why the top players need to have statements read out, the BDO is bigger than just the top players and the reps should be voting on behalf of ALL their county players and members.
It's a tricky decision the running of BICC isn't really questioned , its the Enterprises side of the game in question , and this is where it gets confusing , at AGM it was said delegates don't have a vote in what happens in Enterprises , but can vote in or out directors who run Enterprises which is as secretive as the masons !
So as it stands at present you vote in directors almost blind ! As the running of Enterprises enables the board to answer as little as they want under the NDA excuse .
The set up of enterprises needs to be altered to reflect this, as the owners of enterprises the owners of the bdo should be fully aware of all financial details at least.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
The set up of enterprises needs to be altered to reflect this, as the owners of enterprises the owners of the bdo should be fully aware of all financial details at least.
Toatally agree Nikki and anybody who promises this gets my vote .
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: BDO EGM and Delegates meeting

Post by Skewball »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Tricky though taking into account potential confidential sponsorship deals. If all the members saw all the accounts then obviously that's basically putting it in the public domain. Which is not good for potential sponsors and for future negotiations.
But of course hiding behind this to give the Members no details at all is not good either.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
Tricky though taking into account potential confidential sponsorship deals. If all the members saw all the accounts then obviously that's basically putting it in the public domain. Which is not good for potential sponsors and for future negotiations.
But of course hiding behind this to give the Members no details at all is not good either.
No reason not to know who we have deals with , how long they are for etc and without knowing the amounts what % each party gets , more importantly is who we have deals with .....would love to know details of deal we had with Queensbury no doubt that is subject to an NDA , and I wonder what it cost to get out of .
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

WCDPA wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
No reason not to know who we have deals with , how long they are for etc and without knowing the amounts what % each party gets , more importantly is who we have deals with .....would love to know details of deal we had with Queensbury no doubt that is subject to an NDA , and I wonder what it cost to get out of .
TBH your not going to know part without knowing all, its all or nothing.

I can see why they set Enterprises up, sponsorship is completely different from sponsor to sponsor company to company, the NDAs are so everyone cant find out what each other is getting and compare.

and its going to be hard to change that in the BDO, you make it so Enterprises has to be open you could lose out on sponsors that dont want to be open with people.

The problem has (and always will be) is that you have delegates voting for something that doesn't really matter to them (or interest them in the case of some). Never going to happen but if your going to carry on with trying to run a top game you need to really split the BDO in 2.....Enterprises with a fully voted board and members that are accountable to their own meetings and then the BICC for the counties

Or (and this would be much easier) move the counties to the EDO and their respected counties and have the BDO just running opens and majors.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
You don't need to divulge the minute details or anything senitive but imo the BDO counties who own enterprises should have a breakdown of how the company is performing and not be stonewalled with solicitor's letters when they request information on the company THEY OWN.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
You don't need to divulge the minute details or anything senitive but imo the BDO counties who own enterprises should have a breakdown of how the company is performing and not be stonewalled with solicitor's letters when they request information on the company THEY OWN.
:DDDD:
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: You don't need to divulge the minute details or anything senitive but imo the BDO counties who own enterprises should have a breakdown of how the company is performing and not be stonewalled with solicitor's letters when they request information on the company THEY OWN.
I'd rather know how you get selected for England at darts a long time before I worried about the accounts and account keeping of a company that has been in existence for over 40 years which has obviously been trading successfully as it has over 1/2 million as a cash reserve ....

or

Before I aimed criticism at a similar founded company in a similar field as my own I would make sure my own company had traded successfully so it met and fulfilled all of its contracted obligations. What good is claiming to be transparent if you are incompetent at fund raising and budget management ?
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

imo a new broom at both orgs is required, instead of the old timers with there axes to grind plotting against each other trying to undermine each other in a futile point scoring exercise trying to settle old scores from years ago,
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: You don't need to divulge the minute details or anything senitive but imo the BDO counties who own enterprises should have a breakdown of how the company is performing and not be stonewalled with solicitor's letters when they request information on the company THEY OWN.
I'd rather know how you get selected for England at darts a long time before I worried about the accounts and account keeping of a company that has been in existence for over 40 years which has obviously been trading successfully as it has over 1/2 million as a cash reserve ....

or

Before I aimed criticism at a similar founded company in a similar field as my own I would make sure my own company had traded successfully so it met and fulfilled all of its contracted obligations. What good is claiming to be transparent if you are incompetent at fund raising and budget management ?
Traded at a profit albeit small , despite having the most successful darts organisation there has ever been trading the majority of events in our back yard , also the governing body of darts also. Trading virtually all of their events in our country as well .
As well as several other countries who have the same remit as ours we didn't go to Japan , the trip could have placed the company in financial difficulty so our directors as well as Directors from other countries didn't go .
Our AGM the accounts are shown in full and our directors can be opposed .
Personally think if change happens in BDO it will benefit the BDO and England .