Wrong Side????

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Paddy McGinty
International

Wrong Side????

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Why do the callers stand to the right of the oche making it difficult for players walking back after retrieving their darts?
Why don't they stand on the Left well out of the way? and turn the mic down a bit well they're at it.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
foggy
Superleague Player

Re: Wrong Side????

Post by foggy »

Why don’t the players walk down the other side?
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Would continuously block the tv camera
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

billyd wrote:Would continuously block the tv camera
This only applies to PDC events and is NOT currently a problem to any BDO event ;)
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

el_ringo wrote:
This only applies to PDC events and is NOT currently a problem to any BDO event ;)
:DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: Wrong Side????

Post by ifm »

Is the right answer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Paddy if I could put symbols on here I would. But look at your TV remote control (unless you still have a tele were you have to push buttons to change channels and volume). Then look at your instruction Manuel.

You now have 2 options. Look for the mute button or look for the volume button. You can turn the volume down or even have no volume.

Always happy to help my fb chums.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

devosteve wrote:Paddy if I could put symbols on here I would. But look at your TV remote control (unless you still have a tele were you have to push buttons to change channels and volume). Then look at your instruction Manuel.

You now have 2 options. Look for the mute button or look for the volume button. You can turn the volume down or even have no volume.

Ha !
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

devosteve wrote:Paddy if I could put symbols on here I would. But look at your TV remote control (unless you still have a tele were you have to push buttons to change channels and volume). Then look at your instruction Manuel.

No but paddy still wants to hear the crowd singing, so he would have to keep adjusting the volume up and down before and after every call. :grin:
thecat
Steady Sixties

Post by thecat »

Why do they still have markers on stage?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I like to listen to Mason's commentry.

I looked into the camera angle and it would not conflict if the caller switched sides.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Canuck_bully
The Ton Club

Post by Canuck_bully »

thecat wrote:Why do they still have markers on stage?
I guess they dont want to entirely rely on technology for TV matches, if an electronic type of scoreboard goes wrong it will hold the game up (we have seen this happen before at Lakeside when the dfw monitors fecked up). During the UK open they were inputting the scores into dart connect after the game had finished so we had to wait to see the stats there, they should have had someone typing the scores in as they were hit even if they didnt want to use them on the TV stage...but just a minor gripe.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

DartConnect was not in operation on the tv stage.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
In the gap between the semi final and final, Mason and Boulting did a thing on stage with Darts Connect which showed the stats of both finalists throughout the tournement. Showed all 10 matches both finalists were involved in so it must go on there at some stage, as both played at least 3 (?) matches on the TV stage prior to the final.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
In the gap between the semi final and final, Mason and Boulting did a thing on stage with Darts Connect which showed the stats of both finalists throughout the tournement. Showed all 10 matches both finalists were involved in so it must go on there at some stage, as both played at least 3 (?) matches on the TV stage prior to the final.
DartConnect uploaded the tv games on to their system after the completion of each match. It was actually quite funny to see the leg by leg updates on DartConnect even though the matches had already ended.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
They simply put it on a delay and the stage games went on exactly the same as other games but after they had finished.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Canuck_bully wrote:
I guess they dont want to entirely rely on technology for TV matches, if an electronic type of scoreboard goes wrong it will hold the game up (we have seen this happen before at Lakeside when the dfw monitors fecked up). During the UK open they were inputting the scores into dart connect after the game had finished so we had to wait to see the stats there, they should have had someone typing the scores in as they were hit even if they didnt want to use them on the TV stage...but just a minor gripe.
It's just a matter of time before it happens and whole tournies will stop dead.

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One assumes they will have to carry on using live.dartsdata.com until the contract with that company runs out. Seems silly to spread the live games over 2 different sites.
Big Jock Knew
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

It’s actually an interesting point - could the caller not stand on the left and not get in the way of the camera facing the player?? I reckon it’s possible.

Whenever I’ve chalked matches I always find it easier when standing on the left - I think the angle is easier to see where the darts have landed (how many times do you see callers move about to check where the dart has landed when standing on the right??) plus by standing on the left the caller could stand at a better angle to see even better as the players would still walk to the right after retrieving their darts.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

DavidB wrote:It’s actually an interesting point - could the caller not stand on the left and not get in the way of the camera facing the player?? I reckon it’s possible.

Whenever I’ve chalked matches I always find it easier when standing on the left - I think the angle is easier to see where the darts have landed (how many times do you see callers move about to check where the dart has landed when standing on the right??) plus by standing on the left the caller could stand at a better angle to see even better as the players would still walk to the right after retrieving their darts.
Did you notice in one watch the right hand side marker was right handed and the left hand side was left handed, it's awkward for both but ensures the marker doesn't lean across the board.

Madsocks