Who has upset TT this time?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
markymark
County Player

Who has upset TT this time?

Post by markymark »

Tommy on Real Fanatics wrote:Once again I see people outside of England are stirring the crap again, and trying to spread malicious rumours about the running of our event, rumours, which never happened. Perhaps I would say to these same people, who have only one agenda and are never going to be happy until they have destroyed England., the event in the Isle of Man went brilliantly, so many lovely messages from our regulars and some people attending for the first time, perhaps these rumour mongers who are politically motivated, should remember the saying "People in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones"
ifm
International

Re: Who has upset TT this time?

Post by ifm »

Somebody needs to post "you alright hun? inbox me xxx".
Why do people do that? post stuff then refuse to explain, like all this crap about evidence of bdo interference but don't publish it but still expect sympathy.
Orgs are judged on what they achieve and the EDO are (and should) be judged on theirs which is a huge failure with Japan, stop whining ffs it makes the public perception even worse.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Tommy Thompson
There is a lot which is going to come out in the open in the next few weeks none of it good for our side of darts.

Tommy Thompson
Trouble is I have certain avenues of information which has always proved to be correct, but I am on my honour at the moment, but I am assured that this information will leak out shortly.
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ifm :is tt telling the truth when he says there are folk actively trying to destroy/hinder the edo?

If so what do you think of those folk?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Who has upset TT this time?

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Tommy Thompson
There is a lot which is going to come out in the open in the next few weeks none of it good for our side of darts.

Tommy Thompson
Trouble is I have certain avenues of information which has always proved to be correct, but I am on my honour at the moment, but I am assured that this information will leak out shortly.
Is it the date when WDT tickets will finally go on sale?
Big Jock Knew
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Tommy Thompson
What exactly does he gain by this? Every time I read one of his quotes I think of Frazer in Dad's Army. If it's going to come out anyway then the head of a national darts org should shut the fuk up with the pointless outrage and wait!!
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Addicks Fan wrote:

Tommy Thompson
What exactly does he gain by this? Every time I read one of his quotes I think of Frazer in Dad's Army. If it's going to come out anyway then the head of a national darts org should shut the dang up with the pointless outrage and wait!!
Love the swear filter :)
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

Quite a saga? Seems one scandal after another in BDO land last few year? Get the info leaked and see who's standing after the fallout.TT obviously wants to keep his hands clean?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

Tommy Thompson
What exactly does he gain by this? Every time I read one of his quotes I think of Frazer in Dad's Army. If it's going to come out anyway then the head of a national darts org should shut the dang up with the pointless outrage and wait!!
Love the swear filter :)
Try scumbag :grin:

And just before Ginge replies, this is after the swear filter is applied, not before.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

devosteve wrote:Ifm :is tt telling the truth when he says there are folk actively trying to destroy/hinder the edo?

I don't know, he always comes across as massively paranoid, there's always some conspiracy against the EDO apparently.
I think it's telling that despite years of playing the victim the EDO gets little support, the Japan debacle really forced people to wonder what the point of the EDO is, afterall the counties are pumping money into them not to see the IOM do well but to fund England.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

ifm wrote:
devosteve wrote:Ifm :is tt telling the truth when he says there are folk actively trying to destroy/hinder the edo?

I don't know, he always comes across as massively paranoid, there's always some conspiracy against the EDO apparently.
I think it's telling that despite years of playing the victim the EDO gets little support, the Japan debacle really forced people to wonder what the point of the EDO is, afterall the counties are pumping money into them not to see the IOM do well but to fund England.
I thought that was one of the points of contention that not all counties paid towards the edo there’s an opt out & if said county opted out that counties players weren’t eligible for England, still think there’s to much history between certain individuals at both orgs & it’s time for new brooms all round
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

only85 wrote:
ifm wrote:

I thought that was one of the points of contention that not all counties paid towards the edo there’s an opt out & if said county opted out that counties players weren’t eligible for England, still think there’s to much history between certain individuals at both orgs & it’s time for new brooms all round
Yeah, it's a threat that hangs over the counties.

Madsocks
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

He shouldn't use social media, especially after a few pints.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Black Velvet wrote:He shouldn't use social media, especially after a few pints.
Last time TT had a drink would have been IOM , you will find 100% at present TT will not be drinking during the week , of that you can be assured , whether you choose to believe that is down to you .
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Its time for new blood in both orgs.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

I think most of you are aware of the constant interference throughout the three years we have run the Isle of Man event from inside the BDO board. I have to say it came as no suprise to me although very upsetting that I find out from the bar staff at the Villa Marina, who complemented us for the way we have run the event that they are sorry that we will not be running it next year. So quite astounded by this and further conversation it seems that the Isle of Man Darts Organisation in conjunction with the BDO will be running it in the future. I did explain that our initial contract had come to an end, but as yet the tenders for the future have not been sorted out, although they are in the process of opening up the process perhaps the beginning of April.
I did approach Des to ask him if this was true, to which he didn't commit himself, which I fully understand.

So once again it seems that the BDO are in the middle of actions which could affect the wellbeing of England. Everyone has the right to apply for the tender, but it makes me wonder if there is more to this than just idle chat. We have helped the IOMDO to give them the use of our equipment, darts boards, marker pens etc, to raise funds on their own event, only to have this going on behind our backs. This on top of the BDO telling the IOMDO initially that they should ask England for £1500 (I have this in writing before anyone questioned this), yet no other event in the world has this sanction fee.

This cannot carry on, without consequences where it seems the BDO are supporting a none member country against a member country.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I think most of you are aware of the constant interference throughout the three years we have run the Isle of Man event from inside the BDO board. I have to say it came as no suprise to me although very upsetting that I find out from the bar staff at the Villa Marina, who complemented us for the way we have run the event that they are sorry that we will not be running it next year. So quite astounded by this and further conversation it seems that the Isle of Man Darts Organisation in conjunction with the BDO will be running it in the future. I did explain that our initial contract had come to an end, but as yet the tenders for the future have not been sorted out, although they are in the process of opening up the process perhaps the beginning of April.
I did approach Des to ask him if this was true, to which he didn't commit himself, which I fully understand.

So once again it seems that the BDO are in the middle of actions which could affect the wellbeing of England. Everyone has the right to apply for the tender, but it makes me wonder if there is more to this than just idle chat. We have helped the IOMDO to give them the use of our equipment, darts boards, marker pens etc, to raise funds on their own event, only to have this going on behind our backs. This on top of the BDO telling the IOMDO initially that they should ask England for £1500 (I have this in writing before anyone questioned this), yet no other event in the world has this sanction fee.

This cannot carry on, without consequences where it seems the BDO are supporting a none member country against a member country.
Gazumped by the BDO by the sounds of it.

They'll fek it up Tommy just like they have everything else and the ones looking foolish will be the IOMDO if they dump a successful organisor for the BDO.

That said the rivalry and fighting between the EDO and BDO is utterly pathetic regardless who is to blame. It is holding this side of the darts world back imo.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

One assumes if the tender hasnt been issued then I wouldnt give much stock to the rumours. And anyway, the people instigating it may be getting booted out next month....
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:One assumes if the tender hasnt been issued then I wouldnt give much stock to the rumours. And anyway, the people instigating it may be getting booted out next month....
They'll hang on in there Ginge, teflon.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

I really don't know what England can do to resolve any issue with the BDO, it is them who have an issue with us, I don't know if they fear us, or it just maybe that the board of directors is anti-English full stop. All England has ever done is to try and get on with running events to fund the international teams, we haven't stepped on anyone's toes, don't stop other people running events. So if anyone has the answer, but things like this just add to the drift, and I can assure anyone, the information is not rumours.
The decision will be the Governments and even if we don't secure a further contract, I think we can hold our heads high in developing the event over the last three years, and especially as the Open last year was the first live sporting event on TV from the Isle of Man.