The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ifm
International

The death of a forum

Post by ifm »

OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).
But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
The only posts on here since 3.43 this afternoon have been to troll the bdo.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.
One who just sit's on Whinges lap jumping to any command by the master.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
oche balboa
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by oche balboa »

Nikkiboy let it happen

He is powerless. Bluespark runs the forum now with Bradders, Zapp, Skewball and a few others.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Never Mind The Bollox ..Here's IFM

All hail the BDO and all who sail in her...let's ignore facts and bury our heads in the sands and just praise the BDO to the hills ..everything's rosy in the garden and woe betide anybody who dares to suggest otherwise ....
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

trotter wrote:Never Mind The Bollox ..Here's IFM

All hail the BDO and all who sail in her...let's ignore facts and bury our heads in the sands and just praise the BDO to the hills ..everything's rosy in the garden and woe betide anybody who dares to suggest otherwise ....
We all know the BDO is in dire straits so why the constant need to highlight that , no constructive debate on how they can improve , used to enjoy the debates on here ....but that is a rarity nowadays as debates rarely occur .
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Wow

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

ifm wrote:OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
That's an interesting position to take considering you spent yesterday begging Egerton to ban Devo and Sparky for having the temerity to disagree with you
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

There is one reason many dont bother anymore.
Thinking of one.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by Ginge »

The Crusader wrote:There is one reason many dont bother anymore.
What is that then, mate?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ha, the breakdown continues unabated.
Comedy gold.
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by The Crusader »

Ginge wrote:
What is that then, mate?
Haha, I have said many times why I dont post as much. Others have said the same and you know what that is.

I am here everday checking in catching up but it's the same old.
Thinking of one.
BlueSpark
International

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by BlueSpark »

Ginge wrote:
What is that then, mate?
Hmmm....what could he mean....
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

So it seems that I wasn't the only one out on the piss last night :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

WCDPA wrote:We all know the BDO is in dire straits so why the constant need to highlight that, no constructive debate on how they can improve, used to enjoy the debates on here ....but that is a rarity nowadays as debates rarely occur.
Not highlighting it was what allowed the Williams' to get away with it for years. They relied on the apathy and the head-burying to allow their incompetence to go unquestioned.

Let's go back to those good old days, eh ?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: The death of a forum

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

ifm wrote:OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).
But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.

It's sad, RIP.
Help me Moongoose Kenobi you're our only hope
UKDA 4 Life
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:We all know the BDO is in dire straits so why the constant need to highlight that, no constructive debate on how they can improve, used to enjoy the debates on here ....but that is a rarity nowadays as debates rarely occur.
Not highlighting it was what allowed the Williams' to get away with it for years. They relied on the apathy and the head-burying to allow their incompetence to go unquestioned.

Let's go back to those good old days, eh ?
:DDDD: :DDDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

I wish people would stop going on about how bad Pol Pot was, yes we know he killed millions of his own citizens but do we really need to bring it up again?
Big Jock Knew
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

I have big plans for a df merger.
UKDA 4 Life
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I have big plans for a df merger.
Will 'the forger' agree though? :)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:I have big plans for a df merger.
Will 'the forger' agree though? :)
:DDD: