The death of a forum

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:
Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:Has he been back to the forum since his epic tantrum?
A brief visit yesterday morning. No posts though :grin:
Probably just nipped in to see his haul.

Nobody actually believes him, surely. All a bit fishing exercise.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by devosteve »

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote:
ifm wrote:OK, we have all watched this place descend from a balanced, interesting, topical forum which actually included as posters many of the best darters in the world to a bdo hatchet job, that's fine btw, if that is what is required to keep this place afloat then ok i will live with that (providing i can offer some recourse which is getting harder as the mods become more anti bdo).But, lets look at the way it has actually gone, the anti BDO brigade have totally taken over, this place is actually now known throughout darts as a place you are more than welcome as long as you abuse the bdo, note i don't say favour the pdc as that is rarely the case.
The only posts on here since 3.43 this afternoon have been to troll the bdo.
Right now we have three active mods, Nik who is so traumatised by a pensioner asking him why he allows abuse towards his wife he has completely distanced himself (run away and hid under a table) from trying to be balanced (he was once honest).
One who is so convinced he actually now has power he does nothing but copy n paste graphs literally nobody is interested in and deletes any kind of reasonable comment on any pdc thread while letting anything go on bdo ones.
One who just sit's on Whinges lap jumping to any command by the master.

The point is, this place has been slowly dying, the players have all left and the genuine intelligent discourse has gone too, this entire forum is now purely a hate platform for those who loath the BDO, no need to take my word for it just look at any thread, they all descend (or begin as) into BDO hatred.
It's sad, RIP.
That's an interesting position to take considering you spent yesterday begging Egerton to ban Devo and Sparky for having the temerity to disagree with you
I actually found it quite sad he asked for folk to be banned. It's only a forum/fb page!

And btw the issue with low ticket sales was avoided or side stepped!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Of course it was side stepped. All gearing up to make 30 times the posts to slurp up to the Farmer for winning an event today.
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

WCDPA wrote:
trotter wrote:Never Mind The Bollox ..Here's IFM

All hail the BDO and all who sail in her...let's ignore facts and bury our heads in the sands and just praise the BDO to the hills ..everything's rosy in the garden and woe betide anybody who dares to suggest otherwise ....
We all know the BDO is in dire straits so why the constant need to highlight that , no constructive debate on how they can improve , used to enjoy the debates on here ....but that is a rarity nowadays as debates rarely occur .
poor ticket sales brought up for the wdt and even the most fanstical BDO supporters seem to have little idea how to improve that.

And I would understand if all folks talked about was the new era fiasco how that would be a bit dull to constantly highlight it, but it's recent events as well that surely must be debated and highlighted?
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

pauly wants ye all to stop discussing darts in the darts discussion forum
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

Well im shocked at the opening post, i have seen Ian at a number of comps over the years and a steady player he is however he needs to concentrate on playing and wind his neck in and stop letting little things influence his posting, ffs if he dont like what he reads on the forum its simple, feck off.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

I’m sure there is a ‘this forum is dead’ thread every couple of months!

This forum (or ANY forum for that matter) will never be like the ‘good old days’ (when we first started TSOD, after the abrupt demise of The Stars of Darts)

Social Media is now the ‘go to’ medium for instant results, gossip and information – this wasn’t the case back in the supposed ‘good old days’.

Forums still have a place (clearly, as you are reading this) but they aren’t the places they once were.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Forums in general on any subject are in decline as Lee mentions. Other mediums of communication are taking over.
But to say that it is dead is far from the truth. Still seems pretty active if you look at the stats.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Looks like he aint coming back. Maybe he was serious and it wasn't actually a fishing exercise.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Have I missed another IFM breakdown.

Bugger, I need to check in more often again, I would be gutted to have missed his final fall from grace.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Could be that merging forums could be the way forward??

I am not a fan of df for two main reasons , firstly it was just too full of crap , puerile one liners that makes threads impossible to follow and unless you followed them religiously or have exactly the same sense of humour then the threads are impossible to keep up with.
Secondly the formatting, pictures etc made it impossible for me to look in at work.

And the language, I mean really? how old are these posters!

Anyway, if there could be proper sections and attempts by mods to keep certain threads as 'df' type threads slightly seperate/ or obviously identifiable then perhaps it is needed for the future of Darts Forums?..

I'm lost whether this is the thread the subject came up on!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:Could be that merging forums could be the way forward??

I am not a fan of df for two main reasons , firstly it was just too full of crap , puerile one liners that makes threads impossible to follow and unless you followed them religiously or have exactly the same sense of humour then the threads are impossible to keep up with.
Secondly the formatting, pictures etc made it impossible for me to look in at work.

Anyway, if there could be proper sections and attempts by mods to keep certain threads as 'df' type threads slightly seperate/ or obviously identifiable then perhaps it is needed for the future of Darts Forums?..

Have you ever tasted your own spunnk?
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Perceptive
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

+1
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Something about lepers and apostles
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

The darts threads are unreadable, total bollocks.
It would never work, it's a ridiculous idea.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

No merge. df has it's place but nothing really darts related chat. Mainly pi55 taking, insulting people with disabilities, bullying (although I think that could be in house banter).

I dont judge and it doesn't bother me what goes on there and I do pop in to read.

However it would be like a Catholic marrying a Muslim if the forums joined forces.
Thinking of one.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:Have I missed another IFM breakdown.

Bugger, I need to check in more often again, I would be gutted to have missed his final fall from grace.
It's not a breakdown you wally........it's called making a stand.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:

Have you ever tasted your own spunnk?
I mean, its funny once or twice but I have real concerns for their IQ!
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

The Crusader wrote:No merge. df has it's place but nothing really darts related chat. Mainly pi55 taking, insulting people with disabilities, bullying (although I think that could be in house banter).

I dont judge and it doesn't bother me what goes on there and I do pop in to read.

However it would be like a Catholic marrying a Muslim if the forums joined forces.
Correct.