Bad etiquette

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Maverick
Superleague Player

Bad etiquette

Post by Maverick »

Encountered this on Monday in the final of a knockout , 3-1 up best of 7 legs, hit 100,180,171 to leave 50! My opponent some distance behind and a good friend , had no hesitation I went straight for the bull to try for the 10 dart leg, wired it then cleaned it up for a 12 and the win. Shook my mates hand and with a smile he called me a lousy cunt . I’ve always felt it acceptable to go straight at the bull for a 10 darter , but at any other time I wouldn’t do it.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Maverick on Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Ginge
International

Re: Bad etiquette

Post by Ginge »

Board is there to be hit, sod 'im.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Maverick wrote:Encountered this on Monday in the final of a knockout , 3-1 up best of 7 legs, hit 200,180,171 to leave 50! My opponent some distance behind and a good friend , had no hesitation I went straight for the bull to try for the 10 dart leg, wired it then cleaned it up for a 12 and the win. Shook my mates hand and with a smile he called me a lousy fraggle . I’ve always felt it acceptable to go straight at the bull for a 10 darter , but at any other time I wouldn’t do it.

Thoughts?
You busted 200,180,171 leaves 50 :DDD:
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Was this on a Quadro?
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Maybe had nothing to do with the attempt at bull out? I've been known to laugh and call a good friend an arsehole when they've beaten me badly :)
Personally think a player can take whatever shot they want.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Who cares. It's a pub game ffs.
Its there to be hit.
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

It's not the best thing to do, but dunno why anyone would get annoyed about it.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Maverick wrote:Encountered this on Monday in the final of a knockout , 3-1 up best of 7 legs, hit 200,180,171 to leave 50! My opponent some distance behind and a good friend , had no hesitation I went straight for the bull to try for the 10 dart leg, wired it then cleaned it up for a 12 and the win. Shook my mates hand and with a smile he called me a lousy fraggle . I’ve always felt it acceptable to go straight at the bull for a 10 darter , but at any other time I wouldn’t do it.

Thoughts?
He probably thought you were taking the piss out of him, maybe work on that smile a bit :)

I have no issue with someone going for the bull with three darts in their hand, it's a double after all and it's not like he had 60 left and went for a ten to leave bull, that would annoy me slightly.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Thoughts?
How good do you want to be?

If you aim to do MVG levels of darts throwing, these thoughts seem to deter you.
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

If you've 50 left m8 then you're bound to go for the bull but I've never heard of anyone hitting 200 with three darts unless you were playing on a quadro board
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

I cant see anything wrong with it myself, your obviously good enough to hit it for a 10 dart leg, however some will see it as cocky especially if it was ain a pub league, i would of done the same 3 darts in hand especially if my opponent was some way behind.
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

WCDPA wrote:

Thoughts?
You busted 200,180,171 leaves 50 :DDD:
Apologies for the typo lol have edited op
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

jameshope wrote:If you've 50 left m8 then you're bound to go for the bull but I've never heard of anyone hitting 200 with three darts unless you were playing on a quadro board
Typo mate was a 100 lol
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

Case wrote:

Thoughts?
How good do you want to be?

If you aim to do MVG levels of darts throwing, these thoughts seem to deter you.

I was just curious for other people’s opinion , doesn’t deter me i’ve been called worse lol
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Would go for the 10 darter every time!
madness not to (unless the guy threw first and is waiting on a finish as well!! )
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Skewball wrote:Would go for the 10 darter every time!
madness not to (unless the guy threw first and is waiting on a finish as well!! )
In the hugely unlikely event I was ever left on 50 after 9 darts, I would go for it as well. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Nothing wrong with going for the bull even if it wasn’t for a 10 darter.

The object of the game is to hit a double first, plus it’s always a bonus if you can get under the skin of an opponent.

I don’t really care if the opponents feeling are hurt, I go double double a lot when I know it will piss off the opponent.

Always have a laugh before and after the game.

Going double double still annoys a lot of people,
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

Times have changed..it was always considered bad etiquette to finish double double...many words were had over that...now everybody does it....I don't think people bother anymore do they...the board is the board and all doubles count....certainly going for a 10 darter in that instance with the opponent way back is perfectly normal and acceptable
Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick »

I agree , he’s still talking to me anyway lol
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

If someone had 50 left and hit the bull they would get a clap from me.
Fair play.
Sour grapes otherwise.