Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Re: The death of a forum

Post by ChrisW »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Murphio wrote:This forum was being killed by just one poster and it was being done deliberately to feed his own massive ego and
narcissism. The mods, who are all good guys, knew it was happening and yet did very little to stop it. I couldn't be bothered reading it any more let alone contributing. If he has gone he won't be missed. And I for one will be back posting again. Life is too short to be bothered arguing the toss with the likes of him.

I do not give a toss about being on premod, but consider why I was put on it,
Then look at IFM who can abuse people, spam and troll non stop, even to the point where his posts are constantly edited by mods, yet the same mods who IFM cries about allow IFM to carry on without any action against him.
Likewise with Oche who has posts constantly edited

None of these get put on premod, and they are the same people crying about the mods who have given them far more leeway.

It is what it is, don’t lose any sleep over it.
I can assure you I never lose sleep over anything in darts let alone this forum that has seen members publicly state they are leaving or that they wont post anymore over IFM, mods etc.

You dont post for months on end, then show up, spam a load of threads , involve yourself in threads about the forum being quiet, then disappear for months yourself.
]You are now back again, will probably last til the weekend and be gone for months, and you are one of the mods.
It is what it is.
Perhaps he has a life outside darts forums?
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Murphio wrote:This forum was being killed by just one poster and it was being done deliberately to feed his own massive ego and
narcissism. The mods, who are all good guys, knew it was happening and yet did very little to stop it. I couldn't be bothered reading it any more let alone contributing. If he has gone he won't be missed. And I for one will be back posting again. Life is too short to be bothered arguing the toss with the likes of him.

Then look at IFM who can abuse people, spam and troll non stop, even to the point where his posts are constantly edited by mods, yet the same mods who IFM cries about allow IFM to carry on without any action against him.

None of these get put on premod, and they are the same people crying about the mods who have given them far more leeway.

I can assure you I never lose sleep over anything in darts let alone this forum that has seen members publicly state they are leaving or that they wont post anymore over IFM, mods etc.

You dont post for months on end, then show up, spam a load of threads , involve yourself in threads about the forum being quiet, then disappear for months yourself.
]You are now back again, will probably last til the weekend and be gone for months, and you are one of the mods.
It is what it is.

That’s the spirit.

Yep, I dip in and out of forum life these days. Quieter time of year in the business, and kids all settled into school, so actually have a bit of time to myself at the moment. As you say, as that changes, I won’t be here posting regularly. I can’t believe people constantly sit in front of the forums day in day out, week in week out, month in month out? Do they?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

It is what it is.

That’s the spirit.

Yep, I dip in and out of forum life these days. Quieter time of year in the business, and kids all settled into school, so actually have a bit of time to myself at the moment. As you say, as that changes, I won’t be here posting regularly. I can’t believe people constantly sit in front of the forums day in day out, week in week out, month in month out? Do they?
You don't Lee as a Mod but the rest do. :)
We could all learn from your relaxed attitude to forum use.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

ChrisW wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

It is what it is.

That’s the spirit.

Thanks (I think!)

To be honest, I am surprised that the guys have kept me as a Moderator as I visit here so infrequently these days.

But, in fairness, I was there as part of the original group that set this place up – so maybe it’s that.

Forums are funny places – some people can come across as real basket cases, and others come across very aggressive, but I have met dozens of the guys from here over the years and I can’t say there has been a bad person amongst them.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Lee Taylor wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:

It is what it is.

That’s the spirit.

Thanks (I think!)

To be honest, I am surprised that the guys have kept me as a Moderator as I visit here so infrequently these days.

But, in fairness, I was there as part of the original group that set this place up – so maybe it’s that.

Forums are funny places – some people can come across as real basket cases, and others come across very aggressive, but I have met dozens of the guys from here over the years and I can’t say there has been a bad person amongst them.
You may not be a frequent visitor. But have set up financial benefits for the forum.
Which I always thought was an important part. It is after all not all about posting or editing/moving/deleting posts.
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties

Post by Sawley Al »

Having been a not so frequent poster on the forum, but since November a sponsor of a current player on the CT, I feel somewhat free to a degree to be able to post on here again without redress from a seemingly inflated ego. Yes, I have sailed close to the wind in my comments, on this forum in the past, to those who run (ahem) the BDO, Des, etc... Nice to be back!
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Sawley Al wrote:Having been a not so frequent poster on the forum, but since November a sponsor of a current player on the CT, I feel somewhat free to a degree to be able to post on here again without redress from a seemingly inflated ego. Yes, I have sailed close to the wind in my comments, on this forum in the past, to those who run (ahem) the BDO, Des, etc... Nice to be back!
Good to have you back.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Sawley Al wrote:Having been a not so frequent poster on the forum, but since November a sponsor of a current player on the CT, I feel somewhat free to a degree to be able to post on here again without redress from a seemingly inflated ego. Yes, I have sailed close to the wind in my comments, on this forum in the past, to those who run (ahem) the BDO, Des, etc... Nice to be back!

Welcome back Sir!
cannibal
Superleague Player

Post by cannibal »

Seems more alive than ever. Thanks to a certain individual or 2 who have left. Lets hope it stays that way.
Proud member of dart forums....
Scuppering darting business deals since 2015
Proud recipient of the first entry on Fartoids Bullshit-o-meter. Total entries: 7 and counting.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

cannibal wrote:Seems more alive than ever. Thanks to a certain individual or 2 who have left. Lets hope it stays that way.

From a personal perspective I am back posting (for no other reason than I seem to have a bit of ‘me time’ whilst business is quiet and the children are growing up) and it seems to be a nicer atmosphere than the last time I was here.

There are always going to be ‘keyboard warriors’ and negative posters, like there are in all walks of lives, but for me it is still the best DARTS forum on the net, and long may that continue.

I don’t think the ‘glory days’ will ever return, but again, that’s just the way life is with social media etc.

Facebook and Twitter will always have the very latest news and results first, but I think there is still a place for a forum like this; competitions, q&a, extended discussions etc.

The fact that you are reading this now shows there is still a place for us on the Internet!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Strange how posters are coming back whilst IFM is in mid-flounce.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: The death of a forum

Post by Ginge »

BlueSpark wrote:Strange how posters are coming back whilst IFM is in mid-flounce.
Odd, ain't it?
Big Jock Knew
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:Strange how posters are coming back whilst IFM is in mid-flounce.
:grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

The forum hasn't been like this in years - just two persons "gone" and no longer 15 times "$person who is currently on your ignore list, made this post." on every page.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Duterprat wrote:The forum hasn't been like this in years - just two persons "gone" and no longer 15 times "$person who is currently on your ignore list, made this post." on every page.
I think I said earlier today, I am back posting after a long sabbatical and it does seem to have a nice atmosphere about the place at the moment?

I haven’t been around in months, so don’t know what it has been like, but people definitely seem upbeat about the place again?
Little Lonely Garry
International

For Spaceman

Garry Murphy wrote:
ifm wrote: a bdo hatchet job,
anti bdo
the anti BDO brigade
troll the bdo.
a hate platform for those who loath the BDO
BDO hatred.
anyone else sensing a pattern to the crying ? :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Garry Murphy wrote:For Spaceman

Garry Murphy wrote:
ifm wrote: a bdo hatchet job,
anti bdo
the anti BDO brigade
troll the bdo.
a hate platform for those who loath the BDO
BDO hatred.
anyone else sensing a pattern to the crying ? :DDD:
Oh dear :)
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Can't wait for IFM's return tbh. Too many graphs and charts for my tastes
UKDA 4 Life
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Is he not posting on your place? Would've thought it'd suit him (no malice intended).
Little Lonely Garry
International

Black Velvet wrote:Is he not posting on your place? Would've thought it'd suit him (no malice intended).
hardly, jIFM would be ripped to pieces and would spend his entire day reporting posts and crying and playing the victim