Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:So looks like he is seriously looking to qualify for Lakeside, would be a great story.
Not a lover of the gurning stokey but it would be an interesting dilemma should he have a good season and lakeside.
Will it even be at Lakeside?
Hope so. Will you be going again if it is?
Absolutely, hopefully we can get a few more normal people from this forum to go, hanging out with the df boys is great but everyone kept asking me if I were their carer.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
ChrisW wrote:So looks like he is seriously looking to qualify for Lakeside, would be a great story.
Not a lover of the gurning stokey but it would be an interesting dilemma should he have a good season and lakeside.
Absolutely, hopefully we can get a few more normal people from this forum to go, hanging out with the df boys is great but everyone kept asking me if I were their carer.
Would be great to have some of the other forum members there aswell.
Also, just found out my brother in law has bought a house in Farnborough. Happy days for kipping there :grin:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Would be great to have some of the other forum members there aswell.
Also, just found out my brother in law has bought a house in Farnborough. Happy days for kipping there :grin:
Can he fit all 25 of us in?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

The rumour mill suggests it’s going to be at Lakeside and the C4 deal will be done soon. 2 places in the mix for Rotherham
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

I was sworn to secrecy on what I had heard over the weekend.
UKDA 4 Life
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

oche balboa wrote:The rumour mill suggests it’s going to be at Lakeside and the C4 deal will be done soon. 2 places in the mix for Rotherham
The counties were told the c4 deal was supposably to be concluded by March but there has been no update since

If c4 wasn’t interested in plugging it until November last year and there was no deal done after lakeside there is no way they would even look at a deal until the end of year now.

Same with the venue, counties were told there was no guarantee it would be at lakeside and lakeside seem happy to plug their exhibitions on throughout the year at the minute
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

WCDPA wrote:
Robson wrote:Met Andy years ago - Hes a confidence player - If he gets his confidence back he will be a match for almost anyone - Durrant best keep his eyes peeled if Andy gets into his groove -

Robson
very approachable to other players and well wishers , signs autographs and has pics all the time and been popular everywhere he's gone ! and even better he posts on the Real Fanatics site .
Always has been.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

phil davies wrote:what were the viewing figures for it last year?
Final got 1.13, Semi 900K

For comparison the last year it was on the BBC it got 1.63 million, 5 years back in got 2.2 million, 10 years back 3 million.

For caparison the PDC hit around a million- 1.1 which I think was the highest it has reached
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

More competition today Zapp - Less people watching TV - Lakesides viewing figures are good for the time we live in - Their product is good - The only problem the BDO has is promotion - They need to come into the Facebook/Twitter/Instagram age - Let people know they are still about - But also stay true to the grassroots of the game - Dont try and be like the PDC - The PDC do a great job at doing that -

Robson
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
oche balboa wrote:The rumour mill suggests it’s going to be at Lakeside and the C4 deal will be done soon. 2 places in the mix for Rotherham
The counties were told the c4 deal was supposably to be concluded by March but there has been no update since

If c4 wasn’t interested in plugging it until November last year and there was no deal done after lakeside there is no way they would even look at a deal until the end of year now.

Same with the venue, counties were told there was no guarantee it would be at lakeside and lakeside seem happy to plug their exhibitions on throughout the year at the minute
The lakeside web page would indicate tickets will go on sale in the summer for the 2019 edition
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

The lakeside web page would indicate tickets will go on sale in the summer for the 2019 edition
Its said that since the end of the last one
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

phil davies wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

For comparison the last year it was on the BBC it got 1.63 million, 5 years back in got 2.2 million, 10 years back 3 million.

For caparison the PDC hit around a million- 1.1 which I think was the highest it has reached
Hmm I guess it depends a lot on what other programmes 4 would broadcast around that time usually draw. If they don't take it up then they are in a real pickle as I don't see any of the other big broadcasters taking it. ITV and Sky are obviously with the PDC and BT seems to have given up on darts. That leaves them with what maybe Eurosport or possibly but unlikely someone like Dave. If not your left with no TV or a shambolic streaming Chanel like freesports.
C4 have signed a deal to show European rugby. 2018 had a clash with the first weekend of lakeside. Obviously they can avoid clashes with the darts depending on what sessions they show.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

The Jolly Man wrote:
phil davies wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Hmm I guess it depends a lot on what other programmes 4 would broadcast around that time usually draw. If they don't take it up then they are in a real pickle as I don't see any of the other big broadcasters taking it. ITV and Sky are obviously with the PDC and BT seems to have given up on darts. That leaves them with what maybe Eurosport or possibly but unlikely someone like Dave. If not your left with no TV or a shambolic streaming Chanel like freesports.
C4 have signed a deal to show European rugby. 2018 had a clash with the first weekend of lakeside. Obviously they can avoid clashes with the darts depending on what sessions they show.
Just seen that, would clash directly with the Semi Final and Final.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They could always pick the Friday night match that weekend.

Then again, they probably wouldnt.
Big Jock Knew
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:They could always pick the Friday night match that weekend.

Then you could end up with BT showing clashes between darts and rugby. Not sure if it happened last year or not.
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Andy Hamilton to the BDO

Post by Ginge »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Ginge wrote:They could always pick the Friday night match that weekend.

Then you could end up with BT showing clashes between darts and rugby. Not sure if it happened last year or not.
May have done. They have more than one channel. If the same happens on C4 the one they deem the least important will be shunted down the EPG to one of the less important channels.

Can't see them having rugby on the main channel in the evening. But you never know.
Big Jock Knew
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

I'd have thought the deal for the rugby would mean it has to be on the main channel. No reason to give games to a FTA channel if shoving it out of sight.
DavidB
International

Post by DavidB »

markymark wrote:I'd have thought the deal for the rugby would mean it has to be on the main channel. No reason to give games to a FTA channel if shoving it out of sight.

Hasn’t Film4 and/or More4 shown live sport in the past? Certainly remember test matches going on Film4 for a bit when they had horse racing on Saturday afternoons.