Visa issues Cadby

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by nikkiboy »

The Crusader wrote:No sympathy from me. Criminal who's played the system using wrong visa probably, been found out and is paying the price.

Only himself to blame.
To be fair the PDPA website advise the players to do this:
If you are a player coming to the UK to play in UK Q-School you should come on a visitor visa. If you then obtains a tour card you can go through the proces to obtain a Tier 2 visa when your visitor visa expires.
Not sure of the full details of his case just pointing it out.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

I hope the mistake(s) he made in the past dont appear as an insuperable barrier for his career now. I just cant believe he´s stupid enough to wait to the last moment to sort this out. You would think he dealed with this BEFORE moving... :banghead:
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Rotwein wrote:I hope the mistake(s) he made in the past dont appear as an insuperable barrier for his career now. I just cant believe he´s stupid enough to wait to the last moment to sort this out. You would think he dealed with this BEFORE moving... :banghead:
Convicted criminals aren't the sharpest tools in the box mate.
He wouldn't have been busted otherwise
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by Ginge »

nikkiboy wrote:
The Crusader wrote:No sympathy from me. Criminal who's played the system using wrong visa probably, been found out and is paying the price.

Only himself to blame.
If you are a player coming to the UK to play in UK Q-School you should come on a visitor visa. If you then obtains a tour card you can go through the proces to obtain a Tier 2 visa when your visitor visa expires.
That's all fair enough but how many visitor visas has he come over here on?

If it's more than just 1, my sympathy is limited.
Big Jock Knew
The Crusader
International

Re: RE: Re: Visa issues Cadby

Post by The Crusader »

Yeah but it does say once you have tour card or competing regulary to change. Pdpa even do the donkey work by the looks of it.
nikkiboy wrote:

Only himself to blame.
Thinking of one.
Rotwein
Brass Darts

Post by Rotwein »

BlueSpark wrote:
Rotwein wrote:I hope the mistake(s) he made in the past dont appear as an insuperable barrier for his career now. I just cant believe he´s stupid enough to wait to the last moment to sort this out. You would think he dealed with this BEFORE moving... :banghead:
oh well... yes... :DDD:
all the worse if he hack up this chance in life now...
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rotwein wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Everyone deserves a second chance definately but he may well have to wait a few more years before he gets his, in the eyes of UK immigration at least.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rotwein wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Everyone deserves a second chance definately but he may well have to wait a few more years before he gets his, in the eyes of UK immigration at least.

do they ?

What constitutes a second chance when cadby had MULTIPLE charges against him....one you might forgive, but multiple., no way deserves multiple chances

And why should some people get a second chance at all ?, should Tony Eccles, or a murderer who was only caught the one time be entitled to a second chance.
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

Garry Murphy wrote:
And why should some people get a second chance at all ?, should Tony Eccles, or a murderer who was only caught the one time be entitled to a second chance.

Well if they are British then they would be able , technically, to enter QS school and any UK based ( and at present any EEC country if their travel hasn't been restricted by a subsequent order) PDC competitions if they were successful in the various qualifying.

The PDC don't seem to care or restrict people convicted of serious crimes so you could in effect be naughty in the UK and still play within their system so perhaps this is another stick to beat the PDC with how they are unfair or biased to foreign criminals ?

I don;t see what the problem is moaning about an Aussie with a criminal record it wasn't too long ago it was mandatory to have one if you wanted to go to Australia ;)
mac
Feather Flights

Post by mac »

Just to clear things up (especially DannyBoy) who it seems i really piss off yet he or most people don't know the facts ....

Corey could NOT apply for a visa until he secured a tour card, as soon as he won his tour card we jointly decided that he would stay and play until 5th March as he was going home then to get married that month.

Corey can enter the UK for up to 6 months a year on a visitor visa and be allowed to play darts as he does not get a guarenteed wage he can only receive prize money i.e..Winnings.

We applied for the Visa and Corey had his visa interview in March back in Melbourne,this is now being processed, he has not been told been refused anything as we speak but it seems that a lot of people know more than Corey and myself.

When you apply for a visa you have to hand your passport in, so at the moment until the decision is made, Corey can not travel to the UK, he will 100% be back for the second half of the year either way.

I hope this clears things up but I'm sure people will still put silly comments up, Unfortunatly for me DannyBoy, while Corey is earning money back home he gets to keep every penny of it as he has a young family to keep leaving me no alternative to do me "creaming" somewhere else :P
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

mac wrote:Just to clear things up (especially DannyBoy) who it seems i really piss off yet he or most people don't know the facts ....

Corey could NOT apply for a visa until he secured a tour card, as soon as he won his tour card we jointly decided that he would stay and play until 5th March as he was going home then to get married that month.

Corey can enter the UK for up to 6 months a year on a visitor visa and be allowed to play darts as he does not get a guarenteed wage he can only receive prize money i.e..Winnings.

We applied for the Visa and Corey had his visa interview in March back in Melbourne,this is now being processed, he has not been told been refused anything as we speak but it seems that a lot of people know more than Corey and myself.

When you apply for a visa you have to hand your passport in, so at the moment until the decision is made, Corey can not travel to the UK, he will 100% be back for the second half of the year either way.

I hope this clears things up but I'm sure people will still put silly comments up, Unfortunatly for me DannyBoy, while Corey is earning money back home he gets to keep every penny of it as he has a young family to keep leaving me no alternative to do me "creaming" somewhere else :P
Mac, is the delay in granting him a visa down to his past?
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Garry Murphy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Rotwein wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:

do they ?

What constitutes a second chance when cadby had MULTIPLE charges against him....one you might forgive, but multiple., no way deserves multiple chances

I would say thieving and some other minor charges deserve a second chance. However he failed to appear in court which is only his own fault, so he'll get what he bargained for.

I for myself hope he gets back to the UK as I don't think of him as a criminal, but to be fair a few months of visa delay is the least he could have hoped for. I
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

I can’t believe we will ever see Tony Eccles back playing darts!
26scored
Pub Champion

Post by 26scored »

Lee Taylor wrote:I can’t believe we will ever see Tony Eccles back playing darts!
Well not too likely as he's serving 16 years in prison
Not sure you can play darts in there
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

26scored wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:I can’t believe we will ever see Tony Eccles back playing darts!
That is exactly my point!

Best place for him too.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

26scored wrote:
No no no no he was getting released at the start of the year as it was a miscarriage of justice, Oche said so.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
26scored wrote:
No no no no he was getting released at the start of the year as it was a miscarriage of justice, Oche said so.
It would have been better if Oche had not pressed charges in the first place
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rotwein wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
Peter Sutcliffe. Ian Huntly, etc etc etc, nah not everyone.
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

mac wrote:Just to clear things up (especially DannyBoy) who it seems i really piss off yet he or most people don't know the facts ....

Excellent news. Looking forward to see him back on the main tour soon.
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Im pretty sure you do ok without contribution's from Cadby :grin: