Premier League

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Premier League

Post by CARIAD »

Poisoned Chalice

Listening to Mason & Warriner discussing the demise in Cross game they feel is due to the PL

Can there know be a thought that the "wild cards" are just fodder to the big boys in the game and the casualties are those chosen ...........maybe a time when the wild cards soon choose not to be involved ???
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: Premier League

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

phil davies wrote:Well for a start he wasn’t a wild card

:DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

The post wasn't aimed specifically at Cross take Gerwyn Price for example he must find it very difficult to get any positives from his involvement.
The old he's on TV every week comment doesn't make sense he's hardly gonna pick up fans when they watch him get battered every week
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

CARIAD wrote:The post wasn't aimed specifically at Cross take Gerwyn Price for example he must find it very difficult to get any positives from his involvement.
The old he's on TV every week comment doesn't make sense he's hardly gonna pick up fans when they watch him get battered every week
The OP was aimed at Cross cause Price wasn't mentioned.

But being on that stage week in week out is obvious lay a big step up. But every players ambition is to be the best. Should Smith have not been in the PL? Hopefully his performances will kick start a flurry of great ranking tv tournaments for him. Plus the players on the PL are often the best form players at the time as well. And most would still be in if you went straight top 10 in rankings. Think the PL just shows off who is the best and the best consistently.

Different event but was a wild card, should Dimi have been at the German Masters? I didn't think he should have but his run to the final was phenomenal.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

No doubt it wrecked Webby's confidence, maybe they should approach it as a meaningless exhibition.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

nikkiboy wrote:No doubt it wrecked Webby's confidence, maybe they should approach it as a meaningless exhibition.
It is.
Why do they think otherwise.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

BlueSpark wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:No doubt it wrecked Webby's confidence, maybe they should approach it as a meaningless exhibition.
It is.
TV, prize money etc. make them believe that it is more important than it really is but it can ruin your career. In the tournaments they will have at least one game against a lesser player to get going whereas in this it's straight on against the most rurthless darters in the world and bang you've lost 6-1. They then produce league tables which show you at the bottom and you don't make the knockout stages. It's no wonder some struggle.
CARIAD
Brass Darts

Post by CARIAD »

nikkiboy wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
It is.
TV, prize money etc. make them believe that it is more important than it really is but it can ruin your career. In the tournaments they will have at least one game against a lesser player to get going whereas in this it's straight on against the most rurthless darters in the world and bang you've lost 6-1. They then produce league tables which show you at the bottom and you don't make the knockout stages. It's no wonder some struggle.
Exactly
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

If I had a magic wand - I would make it so the PDC Premier League didnt exist - I dont enjoy it and it ruins a lot of players confidence - Im not a PDC stockholder so I dont care if it makes money - Give me the Grand Prix or Wimnau Masters over it any day of the week -

Robson
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: Premier League

Post by Skewball »

Robson wrote:If I had a magic wand - I would make it so the PDC Premier League didnt exist - I dont enjoy it and it ruins a lot of players confidence - Im not a PDC stockholder so I dont care if it makes money - Give me the Grand Prix or Wimnau Masters over it any day of the week -

Robson
Why would you wish something away that effectively pays for for the Pro Tour. Madness. I don't watch it but it is vital to the PDC's success.
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

I've said it earlier this year, Cross is on course to be one of the least dominating world champions after the respecitve last titles of Part and Lewis. I do not think that the PL with its 1-2 weekly games took a lot out of him, it was more like a regression to the mean as he did not win much on TV before his WC title, either.

Vermin Price and Caroline Gurney were more victims of their own arrogance. They thought that them regularly beating up the players outside the top 16, having deep runs avoiding the big names in floor comps and the odd win "on their day" against one of the big guns makes them elite players. They just had to learn that they can emulate MvGs spastic gurning and fist kissing all day long, they are at best "2nd tier PDC elite". If they did not have such a distorted perception of their respective places in the pack, none of the megalomaniacs could have expected a better outcome in this PL campaign.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Duterprat wrote:I've said it earlier this year, Cross is on course to be one of the least dominating world champions after the respecitve last titles of Part and Lewis. I do not think that the PL with its 1-2 weekly games took a lot out of him, it was more like a regression to the mean as he did not win much on TV before his WC title, either.

Vermin Price and Caroline Gurney were more victims of their own arrogance. They thought that them regularly beating up the players outside the top 16, having deep runs avoiding the big names in floor comps and the odd win "on their day" against one of the big guns makes them elite players. They just had to learn that they can emulate MvGs spastic gurning and fist kissing all day long, they are at best "2nd tier PDC elite". If they did not have such a distorted perception of their respective places in the pack, none of the megalomaniacs could have expected a better outcome in this PL campaign.
Ouch!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:
Duterprat wrote:I've said it earlier this year, Cross is on course to be one of the least dominating world champions after the respecitve last titles of Part and Lewis. I do not think that the PL with its 1-2 weekly games took a lot out of him, it was more like a regression to the mean as he did not win much on TV before his WC title, either.

Ouch!
But not wrong
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: Premier League

Post by Robson »

Skewball wrote:
Robson wrote:If I had a magic wand - I would make it so the PDC Premier League didnt exist - I dont enjoy it and it ruins a lot of players confidence - Im not a PDC stockholder so I dont care if it makes money - Give me the Grand Prix or Wimnau Masters over it any day of the week -

Robson
Why would you wish something away that effectively pays for for the Pro Tour. Madness. I don't watch it but it is vital to the PDC's success.
Again bud Im not a PDC stockholder - I dont like the ProTour - No heart to it - As a darts fan - I would be happy with Lakeside Masters and a few more BDO tournament a year - To go along with the Matchplay Grand Prix World Cup for the PDC - Maybe a few more PDC tourneys to go along with them - I used to love the PDC World Championships until it became a student night out - Just my preferences bud -

Robson
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Robson
It's not either/or. You get all these tournaments. You're possibly a grown up, so you don't have watch if you don't like it.
Also, your username appears at the top of every post you make, so there's no need to type it again at the bottom of every post. It makes you look even more stupid than your posts do.

DavidOwen67

See?
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Premier League

Post by Skewball »

Robson wrote:
Skewball wrote:

Robson
Again bud Im not a PDC stockholder - I dont like the ProTour - No heart to it - As a darts fan - I would be happy with Lakeside Masters and a few more BDO tournament a year - To go along with the Matchplay Grand Prix World Cup for the PDC - Maybe a few more PDC tourneys to go along with them - I used to love the PDC World Championships until it became a student night out - Just my preferences bud -

Robson
Well you can do exactly that, just turn the channel over on the others.
But the pdc would not survive just showing 2 or 3 so wishing them away is odd. Just don't watch them. Anyway , I try not to debate with multiples.
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Premier League

Post by Deleted User »

Skewball wrote:Just don't watch them. Anyway , I try not to debate with multiples.
Bearing in mind the last 2 posts in this thread, you're clearly a multiple of me. :D :D :D
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

This is a myth. Webbie played excellent the rest of 2011 and in december even reached the final of a major. It was the burnett game at the worlds 2012 and missing out on the premier league the following year that hurt his career.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Duneh9617 wrote:
This is a myth.
correct.

The issue is its repeated so often about webster being affected by the PL people just automatically presume it must be true
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

Robson
It's not either/or. You get all these tournaments. You're possibly a grown up, so you don't have watch if you don't like it.
Also, your username appears at the top of every post you make, so there's no need to type it again at the bottom of every post. It makes you look even more stupid than your posts do.

DavidOwen67

See?
No need to be so hostile Mr Owens - Just saying what darts I like watching - And what darts I dont like watching - This is a darts discussion forum - So I am telling you what my dream darting schedule would look like - Ill write how I want bud -

Robson