The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
You still here?
People travel huge distances to PDC events.
We're talking about people who call themselves "fanatical" but you don't expect them to cross the road?
You're a moron.
Its not across the road - Its across the country - Why do you take the title of fanatic so literally - And less of the personal insults -

Robson
Welcome to the internet.
Common courtesy should be expected everywhere Mr Owens -

Robson
Get stuffed.
Charming -

Robson
nikkiboy
International

Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by nikkiboy »

Robson wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Once again your negative comments has ruined what could of been an excellent tournament......people have been duped into staying away by a couple of BDO saboteurs.
The BDO have made mistakes bud - But I dont get the negativity myself - We are meant to be darts fans - This weekend is one of the best on the darting calendar - I bet the WDT will be a buzzer -

Robson
Paddy talking to himself, there.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

The penny is never going to drop with some. The "top end" they bend over backwards for don't sell tickets, so why cater for them?

There's plenty of sports with very little media coverage because of the lack of interest. While those participants may travel all over and spend plenty to do so, it gives them no great right to be recompensed for it.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

markymark wrote:The penny is never going to drop with some. The "top end" they bend over backwards for don't sell tickets, so why cater for them?

There's plenty of sports with very little media coverage because of the lack of interest. While those participants may travel all over and spend plenty to do so, it gives them no great right to be recompensed for it.
Are you seriously suggesting that the complete debacle of the last few years is in any way down to the players? The BDO do not bend over backwards for anybody - if they did, events that cater to the top players would be much better organised, publicised, managed and broadcast than they are! If anything, the BDO manage the events they put on for the darting masses - the Opens, County, Superleague - much better than anything they try and do for the top players - just look at the uncertainty, lies, false promises (delete as appropriate) that have been the norm for the New Era, World Trophy, World Masters and Lakeside in recent years.

Selling tickets for BDO events will not be possible with the complete ineptitude of the current board and structure, and it really doesn't matter how good the players are. Lakeside only works because it ain't broke, so doesn't need fixing - just as well, given the clusterf**k going on elsewhere!

The players do not run the BDO or have a say in its governance - why do you think the split happened in the first place?
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I am looking forward to this ..it's good darts and players you don't get to see that often.....

That said..it shouldn't really be happening especially after all the losses made previously and this going the same way or even worse...it's on a last option channel...probably the only option channel who will not be paying for it...it's good for the viewers to get to see top BDO darts and good for the players to get some coverage but it's at a shocking expense for the BDO and surely cannot be sustainable to keep doing this every year
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

As has been pointed out many times, you don't need colossal averages for exciting games, and this event has thrown up some very good matches over the years.

Yes the BDO board are inept and incompetent, and even BDO "fans" can't summon up the enthusiam to attend, but that doesn't mean that we won't be entertained by the games* and at least some of it will be on TV.

*not the women's matches though :D
Duterprat
Superleague Player

Post by Duterprat »

DavidOwen67 wrote:*not the women's matches though :D
Depends on your taste. Tragicomedy is an ancient and respectable genre and has its fans (at the very beginning, only men were allowed on the stage, but the times, they are a-changin).
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Duterprat wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:*not the women's matches though :D
Depends on your taste. Tragicomedy is an ancient and respectable genre and has its fans (at the very beginning, only men were allowed on the stage, but the times, they are a-changin).
There's tragi-comedy, and then there's Anca v Trina in Round 1.

No thanks.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:As has been pointed out many times, you don't need colossal averages for exciting games, and this event has thrown up some very good matches over the years.

Yes the BDO board are inept and incompetent, and even BDO "fans" can't summon up the enthusiam to attend, but that doesn't mean that we won't be entertained by the games* and at least some of it will be on TV.

Agreed bud - People forget that the BDOs last TV event was one of the best in years - Lakeside 2018 was exceptional -

Robson
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:As has been pointed out many times, you don't need colossal averages for exciting games, and this event has thrown up some very good matches over the years.

Agreed bud - People forget that the BDOs last TV event was one of the best in years - Lakeside 2018 was exceptional -

Robson
I was there again this year. It was not "exceptional". There were some very good games, some poor ones and some bloody awful ones.
Plenty of deciding set "classics" to make it a good watch overall, but certainly not "exceptional". An the womens' comp was largely unwatchable.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:

Robson
I was there again this year. It was not "exceptional". There were some very good games, some poor ones and some bloody awful ones.
Plenty of deciding set "classics" to make it a good watch overall, but certainly not "exceptional". An the womens' comp was largely unwatchable.
The final stages were textbook TV darts - Better than anything the BDO or PDC have offered us in years - Drama unpredictability and fresh match ups - Thats what darts is all about for me -

Robson
Jerome
Brass Darts

Post by Jerome »

Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:

Robson
The final stages were textbook TV darts - Better than anything the BDO or PDC have offered us in years - Drama unpredictability and fresh match ups - Thats what darts is all about for me -

Robson
Have you seen that Drama will be showing episodes of Soldier Soldier?
Brings back memories of when we were popular.
Bbb
only85
Superleague Player

Post by only85 »

theres a piece in todays torygraph (i think) by alan tyers about bt playing a blinder streaming the cl final on youtube saying apart from the subtitles cock up it was very well done, & it more than made up for a lack of a fta broadcast with its accessability & reach of audience, all about promotion of product in the right places in todays changing market for how people consume there sport
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Freesports have tweeted that it is on Premier Sports on Saturday on Freeview - does that mean it will Premier Sports will show up as a channel on Freeview on Saturday night if you tune your TV again?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Ha, this gets funnier by the day.
Can't wait for Wednesday.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Robson wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Once again your negative comments has ruined what could of been an excellent tournament......people have been duped into staying away by a couple of BDO saboteurs.
The BDO have made mistakes bud - But I dont get the negativity myself - We are meant to be darts fans - This weekend is one of the best on the darting calendar - I bet the WDT will be a buzzer -

Robson
Paddy talking to himself, there.
There are many folk who think like me, I don't have to follow the clique on here for fear of someone making fun of me or a desperate attempt to fit in. The damage this forum is doing to BDO darts is immense. But you know something must be wrong when most of the PDC arse lickers on here spend all of their time talking about BDO darts even though they tell you no one cares. At the very least they should comment after a tournament not put the boot in weeks before the competition is due to commence...........the damage they are doing is unforgivable.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

BlueSpark wrote:Ha, this gets funnier by the day.
Can't wait for Wednesday.

The gift that keeps on giving
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:So some on here expect BDO fans to travel across the country - Or in some cases across the globe - To attend the WDT - Doesnt make sense does it - It doesnt help that the BDO have not promoted this event well - Still looking forward to it though. World Cup and WDT on the same weekend - Pour me a tall cool one - Send the kids to their grandmothers - And enjoy some top quality shooting -

Robson
You still here?
We're talking about people who call themselves "fanatical" but you don't expect them to cross the road?
You're a moron.
Its not across the road - Its across the country - Why do you take the title of fanatic so literally - And less of the personal insults -

Robson
Welcome to the internet.

Robson
Don't worry about him the PDC sacked him......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Little Lonely Garry
International

Re: RE: Re: The 5th BDO World Darts Trophy 30 May - 3 June 2018 Preston - Discussion

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:
You still here?
You're a moron.

Robson
Welcome to the internet.

Robson
Don't worry about him the PDC sacked him......
:grin:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Addicks Fan wrote:Freesports have tweeted that it is on Premier Sports on Saturday on Freeview - does that mean it will Premier Sports will show up as a channel on Freeview on Saturday night if you tune your TV again?
Will it buggery.

All they mean is they are unencrypting the channel on the platforms it is already on and it will be a "freeview" (no capital F) programme to watch.
Big Jock Knew