Chris Mason

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Robson
The Ton Club

Chris Mason

Post by Robson »

Should he be put in charge of the BDO - Seen a few people recommend him - Seems a clever man - Maybe have him and a business man take charge jointly - The BDO have nothing to lose - What do you think -

Robson
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: Chris Mason

Post by daveboygreen »

Robson wrote:Should he be put in charge of the BDO - Seen a few people recommend him - Seems a clever man - Maybe have him and a business man take charge jointly - The BDO have nothing to lose - What do you think -

Robson
Didn't exactly work out well for the BDO having Martin Adams on the board, Can't see another player making any difference, The BDO need to have someone on board that can market the BDO, Gain new sponsors and put the BDO into todays darting world instead of them being stuck in the 80's
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

I agree daveboygreen - But I think Mason could be the man to help gain new sponsors - He knows the game and what works - With the help of a businessman I think the BDO could improve -

Robson
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Chris has a great darting brain, and would offer loads to the BDO board.

Would he want the job - almost certainly not - but it needs someone with Chris’s experience and clout within the game - working alongside some professional marketing people who would drag it into the twenty first century.

The BDO have the talent coming through (always have done) but they need a proper tour to keep them interested until they inevitably join the PDC.

With the right management and foresight the BDO ‘COULD’ become an official feeder system to the PDC.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Good thread by the way.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

They tried to get a proper businessman in already and he ran a mile.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Moochie wrote:
Ginge wrote:They tried to get a proper businessman in already and he ran a mile.
The "proper businessman" thought delivering leaflets with pints of milk was a good Strategy aw aw aw aw
Indeed.
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Why was the post I quoted deleted?
Big Jock Knew
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

If asked he would join imo. He is now more than an ex player, he is also an experienced pundit. He has lots of ideas.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Moochie
Feather Flights

Post by Moochie »

devosteve wrote:If asked he would join imo. He is now more than an ex player, he is also an experienced pundit. He has lots of ideas.
Are the BDO so berift of ideas that the answer to their problems is Chris Mason?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Moochie wrote:
Ginge wrote:Why was the post I quoted deleted?
Mods are mental on here aw aw aw
They sure are. aw aw aw. ;-)

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ginge wrote:Why was the post I quoted deleted?

Which post?
Ferrari
Feather Flights

Post by Ferrari »

devosteve wrote:If asked he would join imo. He is now more than an ex player, he is also an experienced pundit. He has lots of ideas.
I sure he would Hammer BDO into shape.
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

Ferrari wrote:
I sure he would Hammer BDO into shape.

:DDD: :DDD:
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Forget that aspect of his past.

look at the guy now. He has something to offer.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Lee Taylor wrote:Chris has a great darting brain, and would offer loads to the BDO board.

Would he want the job - almost certainly not - but it needs someone with Chris’s experience and clout within the game - working alongside some professional marketing people who would drag it into the twenty first century.

The BDO have the talent coming through (always have done) but they need a proper tour to keep them interested until they inevitably join the PDC.

With the right management and foresight the BDO ‘COULD’ become an official feeder system to the PDC.
Mmmmm waste of time setting up the JDC , Dev tour , Challenge tour , Baltic tour etc I presume Barry wants these tours to be the official feeder system to the pro tour .
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

WCDPA wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:Chris has a great darting brain, and would offer loads to the BDO board.

Mmmmm waste of time setting up the JDC , Dev tour , Challenge tour , Baltic tour etc I presume Barry wants these tours to be the official feeder system to the pro tour .
Hi Paul,

Believe me when I say I ‘GENUINELY’ believe that the BDO is THE best feeder system to the PDC.

It simply HAS to be - Pub, Superleague, County - has always been the best route to the top, and tonight’s World Darts Trophy action has cemented that opinion in my mind.

Lee,
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Good post Lee -

Robson
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Lee Taylor wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Hi Paul,

Believe me when I say I ‘GENUINELY’ believe that the BDO is THE best feeder system to the PDC.

It simply HAS to be - Pub, Superleague, County - has always been the best route to the top, and tonight’s World Darts Trophy action has cemented that opinion in my mind.

Lee,
It was, I honestly don’t think it is now

Super league and county round here is the same faces playing every week that played 10 years ago, our county side is still largely decided by whose friends with who.

The young lads coming through are going straight down the singles route. Local Riley’s doing weekly tournaments with a final every 6onths for the best players, top 2 get qschool paid for them and the rest go any way. Mark Wilson getting through last year and getting a card is only going to push more young lads round here to give it a go.

As for the topic question the last thing the bdo needs is a ex player. They either need a businessman taking over or they need to seriously speed to hearne. Also I doubt mace would even do it, he’s not going to give up his pdc commentary and I bet if they offered him more gigs he would jump at it
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Hi Paul,

Lee,
It was, I honestly don’t think it is now

Super league and county round here is the same faces playing every week that played 10 years ago, our county side is still largely decided by whose friends with who.

The young lads coming through are going straight down the singles route. Local Riley’s doing weekly tournaments with a final every 6onths for the best players, top 2 get qschool paid for them and the rest go any way. Mark Wilson getting through last year and getting a card is only going to push more young lads round here to give it a go.

As for the topic question the last thing the bdo needs is a ex player. They either need a businessman taking over or they need to seriously speed to hearne. Also I doubt mace would even do it, he’s not going to give up his pdc commentary and I bet if they offered him more gigs he would jump at it
The ship has certainly sailed with respect that the BDO could be an official feeder. The PDC have created a Developement and Challenge tour system for player 16-23 in the UK. JDC takes it even younger. They now have an Asian tour with over 128 players turning up at each of the first two weekends. I can’t see it slowing down to much with Japan and Philippines hosting two of the remaining weekends.

The PDC also has the DPA in Australia which is now starting to speed up the process of bringing through new players. The CDC which isn’t an official partner of the PDC yet is certainly doing everything they can to be like the PDC I’m sure they will start to produce players for the main tour in the next 5 years.

The PDC don’t need big turn over of players year on year. Yes they need players who can compete but if each tour found on average 2 new players a year that’s 12 players which is more than enough.

Why would the PDC want to deal with a brand that seems to have toxic people at its core