So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Seen Ian ask the same question on fanatics.

The PDC now offer a World Championship place to the best challenge tour player, they also off pro tour places if any of the 128 drop out.

The BDO states that to be eligible to enter Cat A/B or Cs you have to be eligible to play in the BDO worlds, to play in the PDC worlds you cant play in any other "World Championship"

Should surely mean that anyone in the challenge tour is now ineligible to qualify to Lakeside, including the likes of Tony O who played at the WDT.
el_ringo
County Player

Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Post by el_ringo »

Correct me if I am wrong but hasn't the World Soft Tip Champion played at the PDC Worlds whilst such a rule has been in effect ?

If there still is a World Championship for soft tip darts surely some of the Asian players must of played in it and the PDC Worlds in the same years
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Ban them all to hell
UKDA 4 Life
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

The BDO ladies and gentlemen! Darts for all! No restrictions for anyone no siree bob, unlike that evil PDC!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Could be interpreted in two ways which means that the BDO will have to issue clarification - which means they will have to make a decision on what they deem their interpretation, which will be interesting. Very risky to exclude them but I'm sure tempting for the BDO. Many County players are doing CT and Opens and would be forced to choose.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Card holders and Ass members should be barred from BDO/WDF events
UKDA 4 Life
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Card holders and Ass members should be barred from BDO/WDF events
"Ass Members"
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

nikkiboy wrote:
Moongoose McQueeen wrote:Card holders and Ass members should be barred from BDO/WDF events
"Ass Members"
Yep
UKDA 4 Life
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Usually the leaders of the Challenge tour have played on the Pro Tour
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Trouble is, who would win that war?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Skewball wrote:
What do you mean?
UKDA 4 Life
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Here is the top of rankings

1. Michael Barnard (Played 10 Pro tours)
2. Dennis Nilsson (Played 4 pro tours)
3. Martin Atkins (Played 10 pro tours)
4. Adam Huckvale (Played 3 Pro tours)
5. Simon Preston (Played 10 Pro tours)

Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Post by Skewball »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
Skewball wrote:
What do you mean?
If the BDO restricts CT players from playing in the ranked BDO events then players would be forced to choose - not necessarily a bad thing (although I don't agree) but these are the pool of players that are very important to the BDO tour and system.
Anyway, you know what I mean, God Forbid you will actually give an honest opinion on here.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

FFS The BDO arent doing that. The top of the CT would have played on the Pro Tour so they dont play BDO Events anyway

Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
What do you mean?
If the BDO restricts CT players from playing in the ranked BDO events then players would be forced to choose - not necessarily a bad thing (although I don't agree) but these are the pool of players that are very important to the BDO tour and system.
Anyway, you know what I mean, God Forbid you will actually give an honest opinion on here.
The way i'd have it is if you choose to play under the PDC umbrella you are then a PDC player and therefore ineligible to play events with World Masters places or Lakeside ranking points on offer.

All loopholes closed and everyone knows where they stand.
UKDA 4 Life
Skewball
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: So are Challenge tour players now banned from the BDO?

Post by Skewball »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
What do you mean?
The way i'd have it is if you choose to play under the PDC umbrella you are then a PDC player and therefore ineligible to play events with World Masters places or Lakeside ranking points on offer.

completely fair enough view but the players lose out and I suspect the BDO would lose out in the long run, all the PDC would have to do is chuck some more CT weekends in there accross the country, more Tour places to the top players and bang, the BDO starts to lose its 'division 2' players.
Which would mean they could truly focus on grass roots which is what I would like to see them do anyway.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

The PDC isn't Darts so they can do what they want.
UKDA 4 Life
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:Seen Ian ask the same question on fanatics.

The PDC now offer a World Championship place to the best challenge tour player, they also off pro tour places if any of the 128 drop out.

The BDO states that to be eligible to enter Cat A/B or Cs you have to be eligible to play in the BDO worlds, to play in the PDC worlds you cant play in any other "World Championship"

Should surely mean that anyone in the challenge tour is now ineligible to qualify to Lakeside, including the likes of Tony O who played at the WDT.
How is it different to Labanauskas being top of the PDC Nordic rankings? Should he be banned from the BDO?
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:Seen Ian ask the same question on fanatics.

How is it different to Labanauskas being top of the PDC Nordic rankings? Should he be banned from the BDO?
Yep. Fuck him out.
UKDA 4 Life
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
Skewball wrote:
What do you mean?

The exact reason why the BDO are in the state they are in, use of the stick and not the carrot.
Just remind me again how this 'ban everyone' mentality has gone for them?
1993 - 'ban em' they'll soon come running back? That worked a treat and they have learned nothing since and made themselves look foolish with the Bunting and other contract fiascos.

It is about time the BDO ditched their bans and eligibility nonsense and welcomed players to try out for their tournaments with open arms, they will never win the 'battle' with the PDC as they do not have the money, the knowhow nor the contacts that Hearn has. Time to be the all inclusive darting organisation and build a successful and well attended semi professional tour with two end of season showpiece tournaments, the Masters and Lakeside.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am