Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
PVDarts501
Steady Sixties

Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by PVDarts501 »

Had an interview with Lorraine Winstanley regarding the PDC World Championship announcement.

https://dartsnews.com/exclusive-winstan ... ouncement/
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Robson »

I wont be happy with the Jacklins if they block the women from playing ally pally - The PDC are finally trying to give everyone a piece of the pie- The BDO are meant to be an organisation that looks out for everyone on darts - How are they doing that by blocking women from playing an event where they could earn some serious coin - Doesnt make any sense does it - Its the BDOs fault they are in this mess through lack of business sense - Dont take it out on the players -

Robson
foggy
Superleague Player

Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by foggy »

Nailed on there will be a spanner thrown in the works.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

If a spanner is thrown in, who looks like the bad guys?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.
BDO could have had 2 million quid 9 years ago.

They missed that boat. Tough.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The pdc........after years of subsidising the womans tour the BDO shouldn't let another org use their players to jaz up a mundane championship without the pdc giving something in return.

Poppy cock........talk is cheap.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

2 million would have insta-PDC'd them?
Reinier
The Ton Club

Post by Reinier »

If a lady player makes an impact at Ally Pally, what an enormous interest it would create for the ladies World Championship at Lakeside. And with that, extra interest for the men's. It should be a no brainer for the BDO.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

markymark wrote:If a spanner is thrown in, who looks like the bad guys?
My gut feeling is no action for entering qualifiers because they allow the men to play PDC Events that carry an Ally Pally place , but think they will ban the 2 who qualify from bdo ladies world champs , and after last years decision to ban Ratajski couldn’t complain about that .
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Reinier wrote:If a lady player makes an impact at Ally Pally, what an enormous interest it would create for the ladies World Championship at Lakeside. And with that, extra interest for the men's. It should be a no brainer for the BDO.
My thoughts as well . I think both Lisa Ashton and Anna said they had massive media interest after they were featured on the BBC website re this story.

great publicity for the pdc. But also great publicity for ladies darts. Thus if handled correctly great publicity for the bdo ladies world championships at lakeside!

A bdo ban will look very bad for the bdo. Wonder what the TV channel that will show lakeside will think? 2 ladies will get incredible media coverage but yet are thrown out of lakeside!

Common sense may prevail with the new board.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties

Post by Sawley Al »

Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

I dont blame them for turning Hearn down back then - They were doing ok - They have messed up since then -

Robson
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO
Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Deleted User »

Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

I dont blame them for turning Hearn down back then - They were doing ok - They have messed up since then -

Robson
Something about Minions.
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: RE: Re: Winstanley fears obstacles from BDO side after World Championship announcement

Post by Robson »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Robson wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote:

Robson
Something about Minions.
I beg your pardon -

Robson
Sawley Al
Steady Sixties

Post by Sawley Al »

WCDPA wrote:
Sawley Al wrote:Now free from the "just joking" and "trolling" shite of IFM and others, I openly admit to fully sponsoring someone on the CT tour and also part sponsoring someone on the ladies BDO tour. Regarding the PDC World Championsip offering two places to women, why not? Her from Lincs has been moaning about equal money and opportunities etc for a while now, but will she enter? NO! My interest in the Ladies has made her decision and will be entering the UK based -if correct- qualifiers. As will at least half a dozen other current top 16 ranked ladies, probably more if the Jacklins fail to take over the BDO
Do you agree Sawley Al that bdo will ban thec2 who qualify ? After their stance last year will probably have too, Deta has asked the board for a statement regarding the bdo’s position on this event hopefully an answer will be forthcoming , to me it’s a no brainier to enter even if you get banned from ladies BDO WC .
I think its time for the women to grow a pair of balls more so now than the spineless male eunuchs over the past 25 years. TBH Paul, Deta has feck all to lose now compared to the younger gals.The BDO will in the current guise ban the ladies participating in any PDC sanctioned event probably because it may benefit some top 16 ranked woman earning more than normal and play into the hands of those from a certain county.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

DavidOwen67 wrote:

This is a comment from someone who wants to be chairman of cheshire

You would be a sell out David Owen ...
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

WCDPA wrote:
Was Ratajski banned by the BDO or forced not to go by the PDC contract?
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

He was offered the choice and chose Ally Pally
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021