So what do you think of the new proposals?

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
oche balboa
International

Re: So what do you think of the new proposals?

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:Who are members of the same club.

Would you expect members of Dulwich Hamlet to pay a fee to supplement the winnings of Manchester United?

2 different clubs. If these darts teams compete in a super league they are eligible for there players to play county in the BICC which is part of the BDO
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

whatty180 wrote:People are already kicking off about fees in our superleague so I cant see everyone wanting to pay BDO fees as well as superleague fees.
Everyone wants their cake and eat it

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:

Would you expect members of Dulwich Hamlet to pay a fee to supplement the winnings of Manchester United?

2 different clubs.
Which are part of the same pyramid, no different to the BDO "pyramid".
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
whatty180 wrote:People are already kicking off about fees in our superleague so I cant see everyone wanting to pay BDO fees as well as superleague fees.
Do you just toss out these soundbites without having any clue what it actually means? :D

The vast majority of Superleague players wont want to pay extra fees for them getting absolutely no benefit back from it. Many will probably begrudge paying the existing ones. If the only reason for these fees is to fund TV tournaments and expenses for 100 directors, Des is going to be on to a loser from the word go.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

2 different clubs.
2 independent clubs who play in a football league pyramid. I dont pay my cricket fees to fund a club 3 miles away

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:

2 different clubs.
2 independent clubs who play in a football league pyramid. I dont pay my cricket fees to fund a club 3 miles away
But you are potentially asking Superleague players to fund the prize fund of the top players, in my mind it is exactly the same.

TV events should only run if there is a sponsor paying for it and/or proceeds from ticket sales. Asking the rank and file to pay for them is absolutely absurd.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
TheSandman wrote:The BDO do absolutely nothing for the majority of darts players, why would the majority pay a membership fee that would only help to line the pockets of board members and the elite players.

Comparing it to cricket is idiotic, since your fee there goes to the hiring the pitch which is a necessity to actually play cricket.
Cricket fees nowadays go towards paying players to play in the cricket clubs 1st Xi
And this is a huge bug bear of mine.

One player was paid £30k for the season in a league not too far from me.
But club members aren’t paying for that, it’s usually rich idiots that want to win a pointless trophy.

We have a team in our ecb league that pays their entire first team, they have won the league something like 8 times in the last 10 years. What do they get from it, fek all

There isn’t a comparison here. People paying memberships for cricket teams or football teams are paying to get something back from their club. This is the bdo still wanting to pointlessly carry on doing “majors” but getting the super league players to cover the costs.
We pay 2 players who have got first class records. that comes out of our accounts. But i agree its a dickwaving exercise, a club 2 divisions below us play 6 players and are funded by an ex-pro footballer they are still shit

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
TheSandman wrote:The BDO do absolutely nothing for the majority of darts players, why would the majority pay a membership fee that would only help to line the pockets of board members and the elite players.

Comparing it to cricket is idiotic, since your fee there goes to the hiring the pitch which is a necessity to actually play cricket.
Cricket fees nowadays go towards paying players to play in the cricket clubs 1st Xi
And this is a huge bug bear of mine.

One player was paid £30k for the season in a league not too far from me.
But club members aren’t paying for that, it’s usually rich idiots that want to win a pointless trophy.

We have a team in our ecb league that pays their entire first team, they have won the league something like 8 times in the last 10 years. What do they get from it, fek all

There isn’t a comparison here. People paying memberships for cricket teams or football teams are paying to get something back from their club. This is the bdo still wanting to pointlessly carry on doing “majors” but getting the super league players to cover the costs.
We pay 2 players who have got first class records. that comes out of our accounts. But i agree its a dickwaving exercise, a club 2 divisions below us play 6 players and are funded by an ex-pro footballer they are still shit
Clear your PM inbox over the road ffs.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Jolly Man wrote:How many super league players are there? What happens when a team is stretched for numbers and try and call on someone for an evening who isn't a member? Are they going to force none uk players to pay a membership when they lay in IK events?

How much do they think they will raise from the membership? Multiply the answer to the first by £5 or £10 take away a reduction for the counties, and how much would that leave?? Enough to cover the WDT?

What venue in the UK will want to take on the Masters or WDT for three years after the event the other week without some serious cash upfront?
It just shows up how out of touch people at county and board level are with the players, what has happened is they have asked one or two county players and because they have said that they don't mind paying that's it, this is a great idea!
When I played superleague in Glamorgan apart from your normal expenses, bus fare, beer etc. on away games we had to hire a minibus and driver which was around £100 back then, there's a tenner per player every other game they have to pay. That said I am not against a nominal signing on (admin) fee for superleague players, £2.50 should cover it as long as it goes towards the administration of superleague and is not given to the board to spunk on another stupid idea.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

nikkiboy wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:How many super league players are there? What happens when a team is stretched for numbers and try and call on someone for an evening who isn't a member? Are they going to force none uk players to pay a membership when they lay in IK events?

How much do they think they will raise from the membership? Multiply the answer to the first by £5 or £10 take away a reduction for the counties, and how much would that leave?? Enough to cover the WDT?

What venue in the UK will want to take on the Masters or WDT for three years after the event the other week without some serious cash upfront?
It just shows up how out of touch people at county and board level are with the players, what has happened is they have asked one or two county players and because they have said that they don't mind paying that's it, this is a great idea!
When I played superleague in Glamorgan apart from your normal expenses, bus fare, beer etc. on away games we had to hire a minibus and driver which was around £100 back then, there's a tenner per player every other game they have to pay. That said I am not against a nominal signing on (admin) fee for superleague players, £2.50 should cover it as long as it goes towards the administration of superleague and is not given to the board to yoghurt on another stupid idea.
If Jacklin is so "in touch" with the players, then how come the Lincolnshire super league has gone from 20+ teams to 6 under his leadership? Also why do e best players in Lincolnshire refuse to play county with more current players leaving before next season starts? If this man takes over the the BDO players and officials deserve all the shit that they will get. Jacklin will kill the BDO.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

When I played superleague in Glamorgan apart from your normal expenses, bus fare, beer etc. on away games we had to hire a minibus and driver which was around £100 back then, there's a tenner per player every other game they have to pay. That said I am not against a nominal signing on (admin) fee for superleague players, £2.50 should cover it as long as it goes towards the administration of superleague and is not given to the board to yoghurt on another stupid idea.
If Jacklin is so "in touch" with the players, then how come the Lincolnshire super league has gone from 20+ teams to 6 under his leadership? Also why do e best players in Lincolnshire refuse to play county with more current players leaving before next season starts? If this man takes over the the BDO players and officials deserve all the shit that they will get. Jacklin will kill the BDO.
In the absence of any other half decent candidates he should at least be given the opportunity, that kind of bullish 'do as I say' leadership might actually be what the BDO needs. He needs to ditch the silly ten directors, committees and sub committees idea though as all that will do is complicate every decision and grind any kind of reform to a complete halt.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:
Do you just toss out these soundbites without having any clue what it actually means? :D

The vast majority of Superleague players wont want to pay extra fees for them getting absolutely no benefit back from it. Many will probably begrudge paying the existing ones. If the only reason for these fees is to fund TV tournaments and expenses for 100 directors, Des is going to be on to a loser from the word go.

Our superleague have cancelled all winmau/lakeside and gold cup qualifiers due to lack of entries. one of the reasons is the tenner entry fee for each comp.
so for the season that is 15 quid registration plus another 35 quid comps. then another membership fee on top of that. It won't happen and I agree with you ginge a lot do begrudge paying the existing ones.For the record I am not one of them. Not happy with it but will pay to enter comps I want to go in no problem.

And also as far as membership fees go shouldn't what is already paid as a superleague player cover that?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So the BDO are already harvesting £10 per player just to enter local Gold Cup/Winmau/Lakeside qualifiers?!?!

Surely that must add up to a hell of a lot!!
Big Jock Knew
whatty180
Brass Darts

Post by whatty180 »

Think that is just our county. Cant say for others. I do have a feeling the entry fees would be put towards the extortionate amount it costs to send teams to the champions cup though.Used to be a fiver when I played in warks so I think that the fee is decided by the counties.Again I dont have experience of playing in too many so I would imagine there are a few different experiences with all counties
Demonloy
The Ton Club

Post by Demonloy »

oche balboa wrote:The £100 I pay for my cricket club goes towards the cricket club. The £5 (assuming it’s this) that I would pay to play in the BDO should go towards the bdo

You can’t take take take and not give back
How much of the £100 is used to clean your daddles the duck outfit?