EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Re: EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Post by London Eye »

WCDPA wrote:
el_ringo wrote:So you lost yet another sponsor ?

and in all the time where they failed to commit failed to sound alarm bells with you ?

and you never used that time to sound out a potential replacement for when the inevitable we'd love to but letter from them arrived ?

With this business acumen you would be brilliant on Dragons den. Have the BBC not approached you and asked you pitch ? Or are you all worried you wouldn't be able to find the way in to the elevator to the pitching floor ?
What exactly have you achieved in life ? Are you Richard Branson ? when did you ever get £18,000 of sponsorship for any darts tournament let alone a ladies one .
At least myself and Paul Brown had a go , for the record this is the same guy who sponsors Conan Whitehead, Dan Day , Wayne Warren, Richie Edwards , Nick Kenny , Deta Hedman on BDO and
Tommy Wilson on Dev tour and BDO .
So I think finding an elevator might not be a problem but hey ho El Stinko I will leave you wallowing in your own mediocrity, as to pull everyone else down you obviously have sweet FA happening in your own sad existence :)
"At least we had a go" says the Eddie the Eagle of darts :DDD:
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

WCDPA wrote:

and in all the time where they failed to commit failed to sound alarm bells with you ?

and you never used that time to sound out a potential replacement for when the inevitable we'd love to but letter from them arrived ?

With this business acumen you would be brilliant on Dragons den. Have the BBC not approached you and asked you pitch ? Or are you all worried you wouldn't be able to find the way in to the elevator to the pitching floor ?
What exactly have you achieved in life ? Are you Richard Branson ? when did you ever get £18,000 of sponsorship for any darts tournament let alone a ladies one .
At least myself and Paul Brown had a go , for the record this is the same guy who sponsors Conan Whitehead, Dan Day , Wayne Warren, Richie Edwards , Nick Kenny , Deta Hedman on BDO and
So I think finding an elevator might not be a problem but hey ho El Stinko I will leave you wallowing in your own mediocrity, as to pull everyone else down you obviously have sweet FA happening in your own sad existence :)
Paul would suggest you heed the advice of BV and don't respond to either London Eye ( or whatever his previous/current next user name will be) or El Ringo who clearly only post on this forum to wind you up and criticise anything EDO or Jacklin related.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

SSjSA if wit was shit these two twats would be constipated , hope this post doesn’t break any admin rules !!!
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Bad example at least Eddie got into the Opympics .
Ginge
International

Re: RE: Re: EDO London Ladies Open & Classic 2018 Cancelled

Post by Ginge »

WCDPA wrote:
London Eye wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Bad example at least Eddie got into the Opympics .
They changed the rules to stop people like him getting in again :D
Big Jock Knew
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Well this is all going rather well
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

WCDPA wrote:SSjSA if wit was shit these two twats would be constipated , hope this post doesn’t break any admin rules !!!
Absolutely not. In the words of Francis Urquhart " You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment" :grin:

In terms of being wits, both of those posters are half way there. ;-)

el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

WCDPA wrote:

The point here is knowing your own failings and limitations.
Or when you try and fail miserably on a repeated business rather than continue on a repetitious cycle to admit that you are not up to the task in hand , resign and let someone else have a go.

I think you meant to say 'when did you ever get £18,000 of sponsorship for any darts tournament let alone a ladies one and then fail to get it renewed' and the answer to that is never.

and the reason it is never as I know I lack the skill set to run an amateur organisation that wishes to engage in petty one upmanship bickering with other bodies to the detriment of all involved.

However if you are willing to all stand aside and let me have sole control of the EDO in a dictatorship like Barry Hearn then yes I am more than willing to do so. I am also prepared to take over and put in £75,000 of my own money to back my own decisions and if i fail in 1 year I will simple walk away no excuses.

So you now have the offer it can hardly be my fault if the incumbents now fail to let it take place.
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

BlueSpark wrote:Well this is all going rather well
Just a little Q&A session
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Or when you try and fail miserably on a repeated business rather than continue on a repetitious cycle to admit that you are not up to the task in hand , resign and let someone else have a go.

I think you meant to say 'when did you ever get £18,000 of sponsorship for any darts tournament let alone a ladies one and then fail to get it renewed' and the answer to that is never.

and the reason it is never as I know I lack the skill set to run an amateur organisation that wishes to engage in petty one upmanship bickering with other bodies to the detriment of all involved.

However if you are willing to all stand aside and let me have sole control of the EDO in a dictatorship like Barry Hearn then yes I am more than willing to do so. I am also prepared to take over and put in £75,000 of my own money to back my own decisions and if i fail in 1 year I will simple walk away no excuses.

So you now have the offer it can hardly be my fault if the incumbents now fail to let it take place.
Put it in writing or put in a proposal at our AGM
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

I vote for this, as I think it will be hilarious
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

The Jolly Man wrote:
el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

I vote for this, as I think it will be hilarious
El Ringo prepared to put his money where his mouth is. :DDDD:

Suggest Paul sets up a bank account to allow him or her to deposit their 75k.

Aye right.

In other news Des has asked Dartsfacts to take up one of the numerous directorships on the new BDO board.

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

el_ringo wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

:DDD:
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Got the answer now to a question at the pub quiz the other night (that no one knew):

If the bdo is worth £2 million how much is the edo worth?

£75,000!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

So a £75000 offer to take over the edo, will they accept it?

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

nikkiboy wrote:So a £75000 offer to take over the edo, will they accept it?

£75000 He could start up his own rival org, Remember Lee Hayes set up the IDO with nothing and managed to sell that on
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Haha Lee Hayes
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

oche balboa wrote:Haha Lee Hayes
Send me your details for crying out loud, only had to ask about five times now.
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

nikkiboy wrote:So a £75000 offer to take over the edo, will they accept it?

£75,000 how does he expect us to retire on that what an insult , our fact finding mission to the Maldives comes to more than that :DDD: :DDD:
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

Ginge wrote:
oche balboa wrote:Haha Lee Hayes
Send me your details for crying out loud, only had to ask about five times now.
Like talking to a brick wall...Oche said he would have sent you them but the piece of paper he wrote them in crayon on is soaked in drool so he can't read the numbers