Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Robson
The Ton Club

Re: Is MVG Overrated

Post by Robson »

PVDarts501 wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:MVG is the best talent in the history of TV darts - But that doesnt make him the best player - Hes great on the floor - But crumbles too often at major events - This year alone - He crumbled at the Worlds - UK Open - And the big World Series event the PDC held - Look at the Matchplay and Grand Prix last year as well - He just doesnt handle pressure well -

So MVG is not that great cos he is not winning enough

Other shrooms complaining MVG wins too much.( disregarding their own bdo player Durrant who won lakeside, masters, finder, catastrophy etc)

Seems to me shrooms want to moan regardless and are moaning when he loses and moaning when he wins, and I am not even an MVG fan
Hes not that great because he cant handle pressure well -He often bottles it at major events -

Robson
How would you call Taylor's defeats to West, Van der Voort (WGP), Klaasen, Webster, Smith (Worlds), Aden Kirk (UK Open) then? Or defeats to MVG when Phil was leading by a few legs (Masters, Matchplay Grand Slam)? Losing a few teams doesn't mean you bottled it, it means you are not a robot.
Father time had caught up to Taylor when those defeats happened - Mr Taylor was much more dependable at his peak than what MVG is today -

Robson
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

:DDD:
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Robson wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:
Robson wrote:MVG is the best talent in the history of TV darts - But that doesnt make him the best player - Hes great on the floor - But crumbles too often at major events - This year alone - He crumbled at the Worlds - UK Open - And the big World Series event the PDC held - Look at the Matchplay and Grand Prix last year as well - He just doesnt handle pressure well -

Other shrooms complaining MVG wins too much.( disregarding their own bdo player Durrant who won lakeside, masters, finder, catastrophy etc)

Seems to me shrooms want to moan regardless and are moaning when he loses and moaning when he wins, and I am not even an MVG fan
Hes not that great because he cant handle pressure well -He often bottles it at major events -

Robson
How would you call Taylor's defeats to West, Van der Voort (WGP), Klaasen, Webster, Smith (Worlds), Aden Kirk (UK Open) then? Or defeats to MVG when Phil was leading by a few legs (Masters, Matchplay Grand Slam)? Losing a few teams doesn't mean you bottled it, it means you are not a robot.
Father time had caught up to Taylor when those defeats happened - Mr Taylor was much more dependable at his peak than what MVG is today -

Robson
Taylor had more ways to win other than just throwing great darts, nice to see MvG, Lewis, Anderson and Wright just playing the greatest darts they can.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Case wrote:
Robson wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Robson

Robson
Taylor had more ways to win other than just throwing great darts, nice to see MvG, Lewis, Anderson and Wright just playing the greatest darts they can.
I hear you bud - Thats why I think Lowe is the best of them all - Bristow and Taylor played games on the oche - Lowe never did - A gentleman on and off the oche -

Robson
Duneh9617
Steady Sixties

Post by Duneh9617 »

Please don't take me seriously - I know nothing about darts - I know nothing about a lot of things tbh - like spending my time in a useful manner-

Robson
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
PVDarts501 wrote:
Robson wrote:
Garry Murphy wrote:

Robson
Dont react, he is the latest troll. Ignore him and he will go away.
No Robbo is right, I doubt he will ever achieve anywhere close what Taylor did.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Duneh9617 wrote:Please don't take me seriously - I know nothing about darts - I know nothing about a lot of things tbh - like spending my time in a useful manner-

Robson
:)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

Correct, needs to commit a huge part of his life to even come close. I somehow doubt MvG will keep on playing that long.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Ginge wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:Ah it’s ifm.
He was never known for posting in the middle of the British night.

Methinks it is Dog.
Ah, I had forgotten about DoG........what an absolute tool he was!
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Are we going to talk about darts - Or carry on playing guess who -

Robson
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Robson wrote:Are we going to talk about darts - Or carry on playing guess who -

Robson
Great post!
Chef from Sweden
Brass Darts

Post by Chef from Sweden »

Robson
Thank - you - very - much - big - Robbo - best - thing - you - ever - said
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy's been on the scrumpy
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

Chef from Sweden wrote:

Robson
Thank - you - very - much - big - Robbo - best - thing - you - ever - said
- :D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Co Stompe would be top 5 in the world if he was still playing full time.
Or something.
Big Jock Knew
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

I am aware that Ginge is having his own fun - But I honestly forgot about Stompe - He was a very good player on his day - Always in Barneys shadow - Loved it when he beat Klassen at Lakeside that one year - The Christian Ronaldo stuff from Klassen never did it for me -

Robson
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Ginge wrote:Nets being cast out nice and early this morning I see.
You know yourself that many good players in the PDC never amounted to much within the tougher BDO system, it's not just about raw talent.
Yes just look at how " outstanding " the record of bdo players is in The Grand Slam of darts the last few years #amatuerdarts
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nevil22 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You know yourself that many good players in the PDC never amounted to much within the tougher BDO system, it's not just about raw talent.
Yes just look at how " outstanding " the record of bdo players is in The Grand Slam of darts the last few years #amatuerdarts
Yes good point.....one win and a runner up....not bad for a few token players.....just imagine if it was done fairly...50/50
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nevil22
Pub Champion

Post by nevil22 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nevil22 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Yes good point.....one win and a runner up....not bad for a few token players.....just imagine if it was done fairly...50/50

So in 11 years, one 1st place & one 2nd place. A 9% of reaching a final for the bdo players. How have they done in the knock out stages the last 3 years???
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

The PDC players do better at the GSOD - But its on their turf and they have more TV experience - If it was held at Lakeside it would be much closer - Even at Wolves its often quite close between the two codes - Both codes have good players - Theres just more of them in the PDC -

Robson