Pub Champion

Re: Roland Scholten

Post by Vriezzer »

To survive, is to be victorious!
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Glad you posted that, I missed that evening.
Looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it.
Ta.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Thanks for posting bud -

Robson
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

-
callataxi
Pub Champion

Post by callataxi »

Robson wrote:
phil davies wrote:Anyway aside from all the above always liked Scholten great bloke and I think a bit underrated shame about his shoulder injury otherwise he would have carried on in the top 16 for few more years and who knows could possibly still be playing in the top 32 now.
Thanks for the mature response bud - I think a younger Roland would be cleaning up on todays PDC tour - Probably win a few majors and floor events - He could beat anyone in his time - Other than Mr Taylor -

Robson
Cleaning up ? He was no better than a chisnall or Ian white . Good solid pro who could maintain maybe an 8-20 ranking
in today’s game on his best level . Yes might make business end of the odd major and do well on tour , but no more than a
lot of today’s players in the top 32 .
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

callataxi wrote:
Robson wrote:
phil davies wrote:Anyway aside from all the above always liked Scholten great bloke and I think a bit underrated shame about his shoulder injury otherwise he would have carried on in the top 16 for few more years and who knows could possibly still be playing in the top 32 now.
Thanks for the mature response bud - I think a younger Roland would be cleaning up on todays PDC tour - Probably win a few majors and floor events - He could beat anyone in his time - Other than Mr Taylor -

Robson
Cleaning up ? He was no better than a chisnall or Ian white . Good solid pro who could maintain maybe an 8-20 ranking
in today’s game on his best level . Yes might make business end of the odd major and do well on tour , but no more than a
lot of today’s players in the top 32 .
Exactly this. I put him marginally above your Whites and Norris’s of this world so he would be making a decent living out of darts still thats for sure.
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Robson wrote:He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson
Really...!
Robson
The Ton Club

Post by Robson »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Robson wrote:He was better than White and Norris - Bit better than Chisnell as well - More consistent - I think Roland would win a lot on the PDC floor - His only problem back in the day was Mr Taylor - No one as good as Taylor about today -

Robson
Really...!
MVG is as talented as Taylor - But cracks under pressure at big TV events - Roland would have won a lot more if he was playing now -

Robson
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

-
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

TheSandman wrote:Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.
It's Stevie the Bard of Fife Sandman. Given your heritage and country of residence, would have thought you would be au fait with this. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

ssjsa wrote:
TheSandman wrote:Stevie the Poet got banned for talking less shit than this Robson multiple.
It's Stevie the Bard of Fife Sandman. Given your heritage and country of residence, would have thought you would be au fait with this. :grin:

Come on fife is a different country. Speak a foreign language over that way. Can see why no one could understand Stevie much.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

TheSandman wrote:
ssjsa wrote:

Come on fife is a different country. Speak a foreign language over that way. Can see why no one could understand Stevie much.
Stevie the Bard had a lot going for him. Celtic supporter, phenomenal darts player and articulate poster.

Then again, perhaps not. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner