Good luck to Beau Greaves in Gold Cup singles & pairs

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
London Eye
The Ton Club

Good luck to Beau Greaves in Gold Cup singles & pairs

Post by London Eye »

Although some Fanatics would rather ban you from the event. I say if you are good enough you are old enough.

‪Liz Fletcher-Wright‬
From a personal point of view
I am happy for any player to participate in the Gold Cup Pairs.
However it should still remain that you cannot play in the singles until you are 18.
All those quality youth players such as ‪Danielle‬ ‪Casey‬ ‪LaurenFallon‬ ‪Felicia‬ to name a few they all missed out and had to wait till they were 18 just seems they change rules to suit these days. If a youngster who is under 18 wins the gold cup singles (I know there are not any points) but is it a world masters and world pro playoff for the seniors should the senior win it. I hope that made sense. All I am trying to say are they taking a qualifying place. I am sure someone will answer this. Oh and please I am all for the youth playing but not in a senior event.

Linda James
I tend to agree with you here. I just don't think it's right that ( and let's not kid ourselves here we all know who we are talking about) any player should get two bites of the cherry so to speak ! Either play in the Youths or play in the Seniors not both if you allow a youth to play in the Seniors because he/she is too good for the Youths then why can't a not so good senior play in the youth comps if that makes any sense one or the other that's all I'm saying

Callum Crutchfield
‪I personally think you should be able to play in all events if your good enough , however based on the fact the rules don't allow under 18s to play lakeside then no they shouldn't be allowed in.‬

‪Linda James‬
‪I ‬just feel that its unfair to the remaining youth players if he/she is an exceptional player and cleans up all the youth comps and then can go on and play in a senior comp and win.

‪Liz Fletcher-Wright‬
‪Absolutely agree with what you have said. Youth Seniors kept separate. Granted we have some excellent youth players take nothing away from them.‬
‪It's not about how good they are and they should challenge the seniors when they are 18. It's not all about anyone special. It would be demoralising for them if they kept losing. ‬

‪Heather Connerton‬
If your good enough you're old enough let the Youth play the game WE and THEY love STOP HOLDING THEM BACK and STOP LYING TO THE YOUTH as happened at the WDT QUALIFIERS to me I was LIED TO by the powers that be at the moment......RESIGN NOW ....GIVE THE BDO A FUTURE...THE CONMAN
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Good luck to Beau Greaves in Gold Cup singles & pairs

Post by Paddy McGinty »

No wait your time, you are doing so well don't spoil it by running too fast, one step at a time. Patience and you will become a long time winner and possible future champion. LE is trying to ruin your future.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Does this meet the approval of Chris?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

So the rules have been changed this year?
Is this correct?
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

BlueSpark wrote:So the rules have been changed this year?
Is this correct?
the rules whaere changed in 2016
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote:Does this meet the approval of Chris?
I would merge it with the other thread she started. But you need to make your own decisions.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Linda James
surely even you can see how unfair it would be for a better than exceptional youth player to play in both Youth and Senior games especially as the remaining youth would/will get fed up of losing on a regular basis to an exceptional player/s so yes move them up where they can gain experience, have the opportunity to play players nearer their level with a good chance of winning...but I don't see it as fair or productive to the youth game allowing them to play both (hope that makes sense I spoke to a few youth players at Selsey who said they are just playing for 2nd place because they know they are not at the same level would be awful to lose them which could happen)

I have read this 3 times and still have no clue what she is on about.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

ChrisW wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:Does this meet the approval of Chris?
I would merge it with the other thread she started. But you need to make your own decisions.
You ok hun x
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Paddy McGinty wrote:No wait your time, you are doing so well don't spoil it by running too fast, one step at a time. Patience and you will become a long time winner and possible future champion. LE is trying to ruin your future.
Eh? Is he the one who entered her in the two events, then? :?
Big Jock Knew
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Ginge wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:No wait your time, you are doing so well don't spoil it by running too fast, one step at a time. Patience and you will become a long time winner and possible future champion. LE is trying to ruin your future.
I think he meant to type "Beaus parents" but got confused.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Linda James is talking utter nonsense.
Darts has always been about the best players playing with everyone else on a level playing field. I've played in local comps where Gary Anderson, WHitlock, Dudbridge, Brown and Wade used to turn up and players like Hogan still do. Virtually no one moans, they love to play against them. There is no handicap system in Darts and anyone can play in local teams/opens etc. Its one of the great things about Darts and I hope it never changes. It is why I hope all the big EDO/BDO Opens always continue in some guise or another.

So to say that the youth will get 'fed up' with losing to an exceptional player is utter tripe and if the Youth are being fed that line or encouraged to think it then God help darts.
Whether Beau should play the seniors or not is one for the law makers , but to use this nonsense about discouraging the Youth is barmy.
London Eye
The Ton Club

Post by London Eye »

Skewball wrote:Linda James is talking utter nonsense.
Darts has always been about the best players playing with everyone else on a level playing field. I've played in local comps where Gary Anderson, WHitlock, Dudbridge, Brown and Wade used to turn up and players like Hogan still do. Virtually no one moans, they love to play against them. There is no handicap system in Darts and anyone can play in local teams/opens etc. Its one of the great things about Darts and I hope it never changes. It is why I hope all the big EDO/BDO Opens always continue in some guise or another.

So to say that the youth will get 'fed up' with losing to an exceptional player is utter tripe and if the Youth are being fed that line or encouraged to think it then God help darts.
Whether Beau should play the seniors or not is one for the law makers , but to use this nonsense about discouraging the Youth is barmy.

If young girls are becoming demoralised by losing to Beau, and only playing for 2nd place etc, then how will banning Beau from senior competitions rectify things. These fools can't see past the end of their nose.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ginge wrote:
I read between the lines ninge......as you well know.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

London Eye wrote:

If young girls are becoming demoralised by losing to Beau, and only playing for 2nd place etc, then how will banning Beau from senior competitions rectify things. These fools can't see past the end of their nose.
We agree!!!!!!!!!!!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

London Eye wrote:

And when she goes and plays JDC and challenge tour those same people will bleat on about how she deserted the organisation that 'made' her #loyalty.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

Yep, can't see any reason why a "senior" playing in a "youth" event is any different from the other way around. Send all those under 21s back from the World Cup, you have your own event to play in.
Dazzla501
Steady Sixties

Post by Dazzla501 »

How dare she be at a good enough standard to compete at senior level and still be young enough to play in the youth event.

A complete non-discussion. Matters not one jot. Some of the comments attempting to ban her are very amusing though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dazzla501 wrote:How dare she be at a good enough standard to compete at senior level and still be young enough to play in the youth event.

A complete non-discussion. Matters not one jot. Some of the comments attempting to ban her are very amusing though.
Merely copying off the BDO, who banned her from entering the WDT qualifiers just in case they got an alcohol/gambling sponsor, when in the final shake-up they didnt get any new sponsor at all.

Its as if are they embarrassed she will enter ladies events and make fools of some of their "top" lady players.
Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Ginge wrote:
Dazzla501 wrote:How dare she be at a good enough standard to compete at senior level and still be young enough to play in the youth event.

Merely copying off the BDO, who banned her from entering the WDT qualifiers just in case they got an alcohol/gambling sponsor, when in the final shake-up they didnt get any new sponsor at all.

Its as if are they embarrassed she will enter ladies events and make fools of some of their "top" lady players.
It's interesting because surely Lisa Ashton by playing challenge tour is attempting to qualify for two world championships? If she enters the PDC ladies qualifier then she will have had three attempts to qualify for a world championship in the same year yet no-one brings that up. Methinks this is more about the parents' anti EDO/BDO comments than the girl's age.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

That Linda James talks some amount of shit, why would a senior player be allowed in a youth tourney?? the real fanatics will let any moron become admin on there.