Do female darters need representation within the PDC

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
ChrisW
International

Do female darters need representation within the PDC

Post by ChrisW »

Do they need a new representative org now they are playing in the PDC?
Or can the PDPA provide this?
nikkiboy
International

Re: Do female darters need representation within the PDC

Post by nikkiboy »

One would have thought that the LDA would lead the way in partnership with the PDPA.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

nikkiboy wrote:One would have thought that the LDA would lead the way in partnership with the PDPA.
Would hope so. Was just watching a documentary about Tennis and how they started their campaign about prize money in the 1970's. All was catalysed by receiving sponsorship from a cigarette company )Virgina slims). Got me thinking.
Guess at the moment it's only 1 place in the WC and same prize fund. So not much need but you never know for the future.
Mgt
Superleague Player

Post by Mgt »

ChrisW wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:One would have thought that the LDA would lead the way in partnership with the PDPA.
Would hope so. Was just watching a documentary about Tennis and how they started their campaign about prize money in the 1970's. All was catalysed by receiving sponsorship from a cigarette company )Virgina slims). Got me thinking.
Guess at the moment it's only 1 place in the WC and same prize fund. So not much need but you never know for the future.
2 places in the WC right? Maybe places in the UK open and Grand Slam next, would be the most logical tournaments for it imho.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Mgt wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
2 places in the WC right? Maybe places in the UK open and Grand Slam next, would be the most logical tournaments for it imho.
Yeah sorry 2 places.
Case
County Player

Post by Case »

This is about a on-off(so far) participation of 2 ladies in a PDC WC? 2 organisations to help sounds ok...
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

Ldo Had a bad start. All about who was in the in crowd.

1st wdt; there was a table with a Ldo flag on it. Trina g was playing Rachel brooks. The ladies on that table were screaming for trina to win. Unbelievable really.

myself and Mrs devo started shouting for Rachel. Maybe I should have said something.

Anyway Mrs devo's subscription to the ldo wasn't renewed after that.

Maybe they have changed. The clique doesn't exist? Wonder what membership levels are like?

But a representative organisation cannot be biased to mates!
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ChrisW wrote:Do they need a new representative org now they are playing in the PDC?
When was the pdpa only ever for men?
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

What has the LDO ever done to get its own tournaments on TV or streamed, rather than just moan at other organisations when their members aren't front and centre?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The Jolly Man wrote:
ChrisW wrote:Do they need a new representative org now they are playing in the PDC?
Wasn't my question. Can they help the women get equal prize money. Or do they need the LDO or a new org for that.
If the PDC does go in for ladies darts in the future.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Wasn't my question. Can they help the women get equal prize money. Or do they need the LDO or a new org for that.
Equal prize money???

No interest from TV, no interest from audiences, pathetically low entry numbers for many events.

Spot the difference between ladies tennis and ladies darts?
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Equal prize money???

No interest from TV, no interest from audiences, pathetically low entry numbers for many events.

It's a racket.
Deleted User

Re: RE: Re: Do female darters need representation within the PDC

Post by Deleted User »

BlueSpark wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote: Equal prize money???

It's a racket.
Never, ever try to be funny again.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
BlueSpark wrote:
DavidOwen67 wrote: Equal prize money???

It's a racket.
Never, ever try to be funny again.
You laughed secretly, there is no need for fibs.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Personally I thought the joke was ace.
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

They do have equal prize money in the PDC..play QS and qualify for the events and the money is thete to be won the same as everybody else...

The PDC for their own publicity and reputation probably should offer a ladies Tour though on top of saying they are free to play the main pro tour..it would sit well with the media...but it could never be equal.prize money as the entries and interest could never justify that...in tennis Serena Williams is a bigood a draw as the men and entry levels are the same and so is TV interest..it's totally different.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
They don't need a separate org to govern the women the PDPA should be able to do it. Maybe have someone within the org that is specific for the women.

At the end of the day I can't see the PDC doing anything more than allowing the women an opportunity into the Worlds.

The DPA, CDC and PDC Asia all have women who play against the men on the tours. The Challenge tour has seen women play on the tour.

With how few women play the game regularly (in tournaments/travelling) I just can't see the PDC creating anything more specific for them.

The DPA have already made announcements for next season that have the women playing against the men chasing a spot at the International Ladies qualifier.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Ginge wrote:Personally I thought the joke was ace.
Is that the best you can serve up.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Personally I thought the joke was ace.
Out. Of order.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Jolly Man wrote:
ChrisW wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
They don't need a separate org to govern the women the PDPA should be able to do it. Maybe have someone within the org that is specific for the women.

At the end of the day I can't see the PDC doing anything more than allowing the women an opportunity into the Worlds.

The DPA, CDC and PDC Asia all have women who play against the men on the tours. The Challenge tour has seen women play on the tour.

With how few women play the game regularly (in tournaments/travelling) I just can't see the PDC creating anything more specific for them.

The DPA have already made announcements for next season that have the women playing against the men chasing a spot at the International Ladies qualifier.
With the big equality drive it is a diffiult situation for the PDC, yes they could say that the ladies are welcome to play on the men's tour but I think they would get criticised for doing that. I can certainly see the PDC taking advantage of the situation and creating a series of say six events alongside the challenge tour and then having a ladies Matchply and World championships, they have the knowledge to get the extra sponsorship and promote it to people like ITV and Sky. Of course the ladies champion will get a place in the Grand Slam and UK Open.
The PDC and PDPA are heading towards being the governing body for darts and the addition of a ladies tour will certainly help them to get that.
With regards to the WDF/BDO I believe the ladies should be treated the same as the youth with no silly tit for tat eligability nonsense, let them play both.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am