Post by BlueSpark »

No mention of cost, there

IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG (286.06 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
nikkiboy
International

Re: EDO paid membership

Post by nikkiboy »

How can people be expected to make a decision without knowing the full proposal?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Buzz Fledderjohn
Superleague Player

Post by Buzz Fledderjohn »

nikkiboy wrote:How can people be expected to make a decision without knowing the full proposal?
:DDD:
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Discounts on entry will have to be high. Can't imagine a lot of people paying up to enter a free draw for a set of darts each month.
Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier »

Wonder if the BDO will follow suit and offer a membership in the future for people that are not part of a county and just play events.
JFT97
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Membership fee will be £20 for a year.
£10 introductory fee though for first 72 hours.
Bizarre.
The Master
Superleague Player

Post by The Master »

In Finland memberfee is 50euro
devosteve
International

Post by devosteve »

"Just like to welcome back Wiltshire, Bedfordshire and Staffordshire back into the England family. Brilliant"

TT on Fb.

Didn't think it needed it's own thread but seems like England darts are doing okay in some areas. Some folks seem to think TT and ED are just going going from mistake to mistake.

England darts is not "gonna grow", it is growing.
Hot Potatoes: the very best of Devo.
el_ringo
County Player

Post by el_ringo »

BlueSpark wrote:Membership fee will be £20 for a year.
£10 introductory fee though for first 72 hours.
Bizarre.
With entry fees to rise to negate any saving you would of made by joining no doubt.

How many people actually play enough EDO events for this to make any sense in joining a 100? 150 ? 200 ?

Hardly going to be worth the time and effort if 200 people join £4k tops which will also take the amount away from entry fees (if not more) so it more than possible that the great business minds within the EDO have managed to come up with a scheme which instead of raising revenue has the actual effect of reducing it.
Tommy Thompson wrote:I do not know Roger, never met, him never spoke to him, wouldn't know him if I fell over him, he might be the reincarnation of Christ, number one best friend, it is nothing to do with it. We are being treated like imbeciles yet again, and the directors believe they can do this, although in fairness they have been doing this for a long time, because some delegates have vested interests, some couldn't care less, but you have to represent your members interests, or should we all pack up lock stock and barrel and all go to the PDC. I think we are better than that, we have something to offer, but not this circus.
This is why the EDO is and has failed in any commercial aspect and not because you haven't had some badly thought out desperate membership scheme in place. You have had access to someone who has professionally proven business acumen who manages people you are very aware of and are leading players in your National & County side yet have totally failed to even know they exist let alone approach them. The depths of ineptness by the people who lead the EDO really knows no bounds.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

I know even replying to this is possibly a waste of time, however here goes.

The membership scheme has been in the pipeline for about 9 months. I must thank David Ballantine, who has written all the programming to enable the scheme to get off the ground and also liased with the likes of Darts Corner where, their system recognises ours, and as such will give automatic discounts of 10% on all purchases from members of the England Darts Members Association, when they buy any products from Darts Corner.

Although I am not a programmer, for what I have been told ongoing for months loads of programming and coding had to be done, with Paypal, and numerous other issue to make sure it all works, and complies with the new regulations on privacy all company website have to adhere to, along with terms and conditions etc.

Would like to thank Neil Birkin for going out into the market place and getting corporate partners, which I am sure will continue to be added to as the membership scheme progresses.

Whatever anyone thinks of the scheme it is unfair to say it is ill thought out, or happened in a couple of weeks. Perhaps the PDC have the money to bring in expertise to put on line similar initiatives, however had it not been for David, England would not be able to have a membership scheme, and we are not the PDC, we are trying to do our best for the sport.

For some of the top players probably not that attractive, they already have equipment supplied, but for the ordinary pub dart player, it is not that expensive. But we will see, been pretty decent take up after 24 hours, we know we won't get 10,000, wish we could but, whatever the take up, hopefully the people concerned feel they have got their monies worth, even if they use it as a donation to their Countries Organisation.

To finish I am a keyboard warrior like many on here, I love the banter, don't mind the crap (aka Tommy The Jew), but I and a lot more people in England Darts are being pro-active away from the computer keyboard in trying to increase opportunities for dart players.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Is it an annual membership?and if it is do you get 12 months from the day you join or from a set date i.e. 1st August.
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

Good idea. Will sign up in the next day or so
UKDA 4 Life
billyd
Pub Champion

Post by billyd »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I know even replying to this is possibly a waste of time, however here goes.

The membership scheme has been in the pipeline for about 9 months. I must thank David Ballantine, who has written all the programming to enable the scheme to get off the ground and also liased with the likes of Darts Corner where, their system recognises ours, and as such will give automatic discounts of 10% on all purchases from members of the England Darts Members Association, when they buy any products from Darts Corner.

Although I am not a programmer, for what I have been told ongoing for months loads of programming and coding had to be done, with Paypal, and numerous other issue to make sure it all works, and complies with the new regulations on privacy all company website have to adhere to, along with terms and conditions etc.

Would like to thank Neil Birkin for going out into the market place and getting corporate partners, which I am sure will continue to be added to as the membership scheme progresses.

Whatever anyone thinks of the scheme it is unfair to say it is ill thought out, or happened in a couple of weeks. Perhaps the PDC have the money to bring in expertise to put on line similar initiatives, however had it not been for David, England would not be able to have a membership scheme, and we are not the PDC, we are trying to do our best for the sport.

For some of the top players probably not that attractive, they already have equipment supplied, but for the ordinary pub dart player, it is not that expensive. But we will see, been pretty decent take up after 24 hours, we know we won't get 10,000, wish we could but, whatever the take up, hopefully the people concerned feel they have got their monies worth, even if they use it as a donation to their Countries Organisation.

To finish I am a keyboard warrior like many on here, I love the banter, don't mind the crap (aka Tommy The Jew), but I and a lot more people in England Darts are being pro-active away from the computer keyboard in trying to increase opportunities for dart players.
Why do you always think the PDC aren't doing what's best for the sport? I hate to break it to you, but thousands of new players worldwide are now picking up darts for the 1st time due to the PDC's exposure, not because of England Darts
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player

Re: RE: Re: EDO paid membership

Post by Moongoose McQueeen »

billyd wrote:
Why do you always think the PDC aren't doing what's best for the sport?
Because they aren't
UKDA 4 Life
billyd
Pub Champion

Re: RE: Re: EDO paid membership

Post by billyd »

Moongoose McQueeen wrote:
billyd wrote:
Why do you always think the PDC aren't doing what's best for the sport?
Because they aren't
High level exposure = not good for the sport of darts :roll:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Tommy Thompson wrote:I know even replying to this is possibly a waste of time, however here goes.

Hi Tommy, nice to see you putting your points forward.

Bottom line for most people will be what does it cost and what benefits do I get?

If people save more than they pay via discounts at DC or Bunn then it has a good chance of picking a decent load of people, if people don't see the value then the take up won't be great. Good luck with it anyways, at least the EDO do try new things.

As for your last sentence about being a keyboard warrior as you know if you dish it out you must be able to take it, only one person on here has to my knowledge ever used that racist slur against you and that was one of your best mates, it was still removed by us though.

Ironically the main criticism of the EDO on here is their failure to take criticism, you do something wrong then hold your hands up and move on and do it better next time but some in your organisation just post insults and abuse at anyone bringing it up rather than addressing those issues (Beau Greaves' parents facebook rant for example).

Oh and the question we all want to know Tommy, what the hell did you do to London Eye for him to hate you so much? :grin:
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

Yes it is for 12 months.
Obvioulsy we can't just reduce all the events to the equivolent of the £20 membership fee that would be stupid, we have a few ideas, but won't come into effect probably until Open next year, because we don't run anything until then after Classic in a few weeks but everything is on brochure etc for that one, so will be selected events.

We have got a free draw to the value of around £100 a month, not everyones cup of tea I know, but £1200 at the moment, plus the reductions in cost of purchases at darts Corner, Sazz shirts, working on a few more. Problem is as Chairman Mao famously said the journey always starts with the first step, this is our first step in a long journey.

I don't ever complain about criticism, take on board what everyone says and like Brian Clough says, I have listened intently to everything you have said son, and come to the conclusion I was right all along. (that's a joke by the way). Of course, I and we don't have all the answers, after doing this for so long, I am getting to the stage I can't remember the question, serioulsy anyone has any ideas to help England, don't hesitate in contacting me, or has any companies who would like to come on board to give the members discounts, please let me know,
I always listen, I am a union man, up the workers!!!

London eye, well what can I say, obvioulsy one of my biggest fans, I am probably his reason for living, so job done on that one
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Tommy Thompson wrote:Yes it is for 12 months.
Obvioulsy we can't just reduce all the events to the equivolent of the £20 membership fee that would be stupid, we have a few ideas, but won't come into effect probably until Open next year, because we don't run anything until then after Classic in a few weeks but everything is on brochure etc for that one, so will be selected events.

We have got a free draw to the value of around £100 a month, not everyones cup of tea I know, but £1200 at the moment, plus the reductions in cost of purchases at darts Corner, Sazz shirts, working on a few more. Problem is as Chairman Mao famously said the journey always starts with the first step, this is our first step in a long journey.

I don't ever complain about criticism, take on board what everyone says and like Brian Clough says, I have listened intently to everything you have said son, and come to the conclusion I was right all along. (that's a joke by the way). Of course, I and we don't have all the answers, after doing this for so long, I am getting to the stage I can't remember the question, serioulsy anyone has any ideas to help England, don't hesitate in contacting me, or has any companies who would like to come on board to give the members discounts, please let me know,
I always listen, I am a union man, up the workers!!!

London eye, well what can I say, obvioulsy one of my biggest fans, I am probably his reason for living, so job done on that one
Check your messages Tommy.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

billyd wrote: Why do you always think the PDC aren't doing what's best for the sport? I hate to break it to you, but thousands of new players worldwide are now picking up darts for the 1st time due to the PDC's exposure, not because of England Darts
To be fair, you could read his comment another way, that they don't have the resources of the PDC but are trying to what they can with the resources available to them to do their best for darts. Not that the PDC isn't, just that this is what EDO can do.
Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson »

I have no issues whatsoever with the PDC, they have done the job we would have all liked the BDO to have done. You are right we are doing what we can within the limits of our financial abilities.