Australia - World Series

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Australia - World Series

Post by silverfern82 »

Hi guys, with the rumours that Rob Denny CEO of Dartplayers Australia is going to be moved on by the PDC after this years WSoD, who do you guys reckon would be best placed to run darts down under? My guess is they will get someone in like Paul Nicholson because he is great with the media and has right integrity. Who would you pick?
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Re: Australia - World Series

Post by daveboygreen »

silverfern82 wrote:Hi guys, with the rumours that Rob Denny CEO of Dartplayers Australia is going to be moved on by the PDC after this years WSoD, who do you guys reckon would be best placed to run darts down under? My guess is they will get someone in like Paul Nicholson because he is great with the media and has right integrity. Who would you pick?
Anyone except Paul Nicholson
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Post by silverfern82 »

daveboygreen wrote:
silverfern82 wrote:Hi guys, with the rumours that Rob Denny CEO of Dartplayers Australia is going to be moved on by the PDC after this years WSoD, who do you guys reckon would be best placed to run darts down under? My guess is they will get someone in like Paul Nicholson because he is great with the media and has right integrity. Who would you pick?
mmm..maybe uncle Barry has even better ideas. Someone from the other mob over there, Ausdarts I think they're called. What's wrong with Nico then?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Strewth!
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Post by silverfern82 »

DavidOwen67 wrote:Strewth!
what, paul Hogan? he might be good lol
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Where is he being moved on to?
Black Velvet
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Black Velvet »

silverfern82 wrote:
daveboygreen wrote:
mmm..maybe uncle Barry has even better ideas. Someone from the other mob over there, Ausdarts I think they're called. What's wrong with Nico then?
He isn't Australian and is an active PDC "pro".
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

I doubt the PDC has any say in who runs it, they are just an affiliate of the PDC.
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
I doubt the PDC has any say in who runs it, they are just an affiliate of the PDC.
Unless the PDC are moving him onto something bigger. Think this guy also helps the CDC out.
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Post by silverfern82 »

The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Unless the PDC are moving him onto something bigger. Think this guy also helps the CDC out.
That's not the word over here, Jolly. He's not popular at all and has a history of dodgy dealings. This is for starters, lol ….
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/716349 ... rts-events
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

silverfern82 wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:
Zapp Brannigan wrote:
That's not the word over here, Jolly. He's not popular at all and has a history of dodgy dealings. This is for starters, lol ….
https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/716349 ... rts-events
Will have to see. Go and find the write up the CDC did when he started working with them. Completely different to the above.

Who comes in will surely be dependent on the end goal. I'm sure the PDC and Barry have many contacts who could do the promoting etc etc. Whoever it is though will have to be able to deal with the ins and outs of a low funded tour and then right up to the WSOD events. Not sure who over sees what though when it comes to WSOD.
silverfern82
Feather Flights

Post by silverfern82 »

shame for the CDC by all accounts!
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

silverfern82 wrote:shame for the CDC by all accounts!
To be honest fast on him becoming and advisor or whatever they called him the links between the PDC and CDC happened with them first getting qualification rights to the Youth Worlds and JDC events. then this year getting the qualification to the main Worlds events.