International

Re: Vizcaya Open 2018

Post by foggs3355 »

Good it saved in some form at late notice
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

If only we could see what the reactions would have been if it was cancelled. :)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

London Eye wrote: Two days in charge and the ship is already sinking. Des should have stepped in on this one. OK it's the counties money but needs must. Thought he was here to save the BDO. Tommy Thompson will be seething that he didn't step in.
TheSandman
Superleague Player

Post by TheSandman »

I still think the BDO should have let the SDF cancel the weekend.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

But Paula is playing!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Doubt the "rescue package" was financial, the BDO probably just agreed they could downgrade the category of the main event at short notice whilst getting rid of the other, and points would still be awarded.

From the press release:
Assurances from the event sponsor have been received in writing alongside a guarantee prize fund that a Category A event requires
The event already has a sponsor so no need for the BDO to pay anything in. Anyone who thinks they have is a total idiot.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Doubt the "rescue package" was financial, the BDO probably just agreed they could downgrade the category of the main event at short notice whilst getting rid of the other, and points would still be awarded.

From the press release:
Assurances from the event sponsor have been received in writing alongside a guarantee prize fund that a Category A event requires
The event already has a sponsor so no need for the BDO to pay anything in. Anyone who thinks they have is a total idiot.
That seems to be your new catchphrase.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Great analysis of my post, there.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote:Great analysis of my post, there.
You are welcome.
Addicks Fan
County Player

Post by Addicks Fan »

Ginge wrote:Doubt the "rescue package" was financial, the BDO probably just agreed they could downgrade the category of the main event at short notice whilst getting rid of the other, and points would still be awarded.

From the press release:
Yep, can't see what Des has done wrong here. I'm sure his new Finance Director would have raised the alarm if he'd tried to waste any money on this ;-)

Whatever the numbers registered, this was an important weekend for both the main and Western Europe table, with the 2nd highest prize money for an open weekend outside UK. In his first week in charge he wouldn't want an event cancelled at the last minute - Des Jacklin, man of action!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Addicks Fan wrote:

From the press release:
Yep, can't see what Des has done wrong here. I'm sure his new Finance Director would have raised the alarm if he'd tried to waste any money on this ;-)

Whatever the numbers registered, this was an important weekend for both the main and Western Europe table, with the 2nd highest prize money for an open weekend outside UK. In his first week in charge he wouldn't want an event cancelled at the last minute - Des Jacklin, man of action!
Des saved the tournament and now he feels epic....
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
daveboygreen
Superleague Player

Post by daveboygreen »

nikkiboy wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

From the press release:

Will you feel epic when you have to hide under your kitchen table again?
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

From the press release:

Wrong forum.
Mr Orange
Brass Darts

Post by Mr Orange »

Will The BDO chairman come clean and admit if the BDO put any money in to save this event? Have heard it's not a massive amount but BDO money all the same. I thought Des was going to be transparent, doesn't look like it to me,
The Jolly Man
County Player

Post by The Jolly Man »

There is still a right and wrong time to be transparent. I can’t beleive how ridiculous people sound wanting Des to almost write a 24hr diary every day of what happened
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The Jolly Man wrote:There is still a right and wrong time to be transparent. I can’t beleive how ridiculous people sound wanting Des to almost write a 24hr diary every day of what happened
So is this a right or wrong time to be transparent about use of Bdo funds?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

daveboygreen wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Addicks Fan wrote:

From the press release:

I'll never understand the mentality of those who want to 'jump in the car and sort people out'

Seems quite sad to me Dave, what do you think?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote:
The Jolly Man wrote:There is still a right and wrong time to be transparent. I can’t beleive how ridiculous people sound wanting Des to almost write a 24hr diary every day of what happened
So is this a right or wrong time to be transparent about use of Bdo funds?
Of course he doesn't have to justify each and every little decision, two ways of looking at this if the BDO have put money in, either they have squandered company money or they have saved the tournament and BDO players a load of expense. Not got an issue with either scenario myself.
markymark
County Player

Post by markymark »

The Boss is wondering whether a sponsor has been found rather than the BDO. Wouldn't a sponsor want to the publicity if so?